• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the links, I never would have found it on the PS4 store otherwise.

Apr 3, 2020
If you're talking about Gundam vs Gundam NEXT, this is waaaaaaaaay better than that. ^^

Yes this the one, check it out but I believe it was Next Plus edition (assuming the different is only add on contents).

Glad to hear this, that one released 3/2 years ago (Gundam Versus?) bounced me off really hard.

They open at 5 am CEST on the 20th which in my timezone which is Mountain time will be 9 pm tonight. It will last for 24 hours every weekend for everybody.

So 10 hours from now =)

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So I can assign songs?

150K-fry.jpg
153601.gif

Yes this the one, check it out but I believe it was Next Plus edition (assuming the different is only add on contents).

Glad to hear this, that one released 3/2 years ago (Gundam Versus?) bounced me off really hard.

So 10 hours from now =)
Next Plus was the home version (PLUS being all the mission modes and whatnot). And yeah, a lot of EXVS fans felt slighted by Gundam Versus, so you're not the only one! xD

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have they already shown who the DLC suits for this is? Is it a lost cause to hope that Maxter gets added to this?

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now. About 11 hours left, goes up kind of late so I'm not sure if I'll even hop on haha.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Tried to kill some time before the Open Access starts and finished this slam jam... xD

See y'all in a few hours. ^^

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not staying up tonight for the start but tomorrow is an all day gundamfest, got some drinks and easy food to cook up.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For real. What's the deal with that? Couldn't find them on the JP or NA store without the links.
They want you to wade through tons of gundam anime and Versus/Operation DLC I guess.

Edit: Played for a bit. I wasn't expecting the single player arcade mode to be on offer with this trial, but it is, nice. I still don't like how these games feel and play but the suits and stage theming for the most part seem a lot better than the previous game. I may just pick up as it will be the only action gundam game for a few years.

Last edited:

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Zaku Amazing's a lot of fun. I like his mobility off of 4/6AB~A a lot. And his melee derivatives are cool as hell.

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
Man, Gusion is such a fun suit. I'll probably main that for a while. I also missed Infinite Justice so it was nice to get back into it.

Game feels real good. Excited to try more suits this weekend.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was fun, just like last time.

Outside of my usuals (Strike Noir, Freedom, Exia), I feel like I'm starting to click with Destiny.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
ACGuy Haman is so fun, I am tempted to break my promise to never buy an EXVS game again. Damn.

Is there a tutorial video for maximizing movement on ground-based/running MS? I have never really played one before ACGuy.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
ACGuy Haman is so fun, I am tempted to break my promise to never buy an EXVS game again. Damn.

Is there a tutorial video for maximizing movement on ground-based/running MS? I have never really played one before ACGuy.
Not a tutorial, but here's what a fluid Acguy looks like.

As far as I can tell, it's using the shield minions to restore boost regardless of whether it has ammo or not.

Last edited:

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Not a tutorial, but here's what a fluid Acguy looks like.

As far as I can tell, it's using the shield minions to restore boost regardless of whether it has ammo or not.

Thank you very much; I am so out of practice when it comes to the fundamentals of this game. This must be what getting old feels like...

EDIT: Wow, what the hell am I watching, lmao. I was totally playing ACGuy wrong; this dude barely uses the MG, and I somehow didn't realize the summons would refill after being spent. I thought I needed to respawn or Burst to get them reloaded. Learning a lot here!

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try it in a bit any general tips for Kshatriya if someone has some. Playstyle etc.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn I forgot this was on today will have to download it when I get home.

Apr 3, 2020
Played several matches, so get few questions.

I've been playing by Nu Gundam, I know there are different variations of melee attacks depends on the direction or neutral, but what are the difference? Aside from back + melee that seem stun the enemy and can be linked with another by step canceling? Also there is an melee combo I can't figure out how to do it, that one when he launch the enemy up and use his fins for one strike.

I'm not sure what happening here, when I perform side bazooka attack (Special ranged), and follow it with side step he automatically launches another one?...firing beam rifle (MR) than follow it up with bazooka (SR) result to BD forward?

Green lock-on = out of range?
Yellow = can't be hit (invincible status)?
Red = on range?

How to fast recover from falling? And I assume there is no BD downward in this game?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Somehow I never thought I would like him but Mashymre and his Zaku III are a ton of fun.

P88xUBu.gif

"All for Haman-sama!"

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Played several matches, so get few questions.

I've been playing by Nu Gundam, I know there are different variations of melee attacks depends on the direction or neutral, but what are the difference? Aside from back + melee that seem stun the enemy and can be linked with another by step canceling? Also there is an melee combo I can't figure out how to do it, that one when he launch the enemy up and use his fins for one strike.

I'm not sure what happening here, when I perform side bazooka attack (Special ranged), and follow it with side step he automatically launches another one?...firing beam rifle (MR) than follow it up with bazooka (SR) result to BD forward?

Green lock-on = out of range?
Yellow = can't be hit (invincible status)?
Red = on range?

How to fast recover from falling? And I assume there is no BD downward in this game?
Melee attacks change entirely depending on the direction you hold. So there's neutral, left/right (can use either or), back, up, and boost dash+up, and they are all different moves with different follow-ups and derivatives. The properties of them, actual damage, start-up, etc. etc. all change from suit to suit. Side melee attacks, for instance, are usually best when you are evading attacks at close range, boost dash melee is good for chasing, etc. I don't play a ton of Nu, but I think the string you're thinking of is 5B~8BB? You can see his movelist here

^That should also cover your question on his bazooka cancels too. ^

For lock-on:
Green - Your attacks are less accurate and generally will not track
Red - Shots track better, more accurate
Yellow - Downed/Invincible

So generally: shoot in red, don't waste ammo otherwise. SOME suits and moves can do fairly well in green lock, like Spiegel's charge shot A, but those are specific cases.

Do you mean recover from landings after jumping/stopping? If so, you don't. This is when you are vulnerable, so you will want to try not to land by enemies where you can help it, and focus on shooting when they land for guaranteed hits. This is where other techniques come into play to bait players into shooting when you don't actually land and so on.

There is no universal boost dash down in this game (there was in GVS). Some suits have cancel routes that let you fastfall, but those are suit specific. Common example is X2 Kai. You use charge shot A (csA) into the ABC Mantle (BC). If you do this cancel, you fire your shot and drop really fast.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Some pretty fun movesets.

Aida's G-Arcane flight mode feels super finicky with when it wants to activate

Epyon is pretty fun

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Are you thinking of its burst super attack?

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
In previous EXVS games I was able to use the boost dash to chain together 3 successive beam shots. I can't seem to replicate it in this game; did something change or am I just bad? Using Tallgeese III btw.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
In previous EXVS games I was able to use the boost dash to chain together 3 successive beam shots. I can't seem to replicate it in this game; did something change or am I just bad? Using Tallgeese III btw.

that's nicknamed as a zunda and it's still possible, Tallgeese's boost timing is just pretty particular and different from other suits.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Recorded some Montero gameplay from earlier today. I really love this suit, but I definitely feel like Klim Nick sometimes with it. xD

SlimAmusedCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, this game is sick. I'm so glad they're doing an open beta. Great roster and surprisingly enjoyable gameplay. I'm not usually into fighting games, but the skill-out-of-simplicity mechanics are wonderful.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Though not a vocal theme, they at least have the best theme from Gundam Age or at least when the music really kicks in for that song.

Apr 3, 2020
I don't play a ton of Nu, but I think the string you're thinking of is 5B~8BB? You can see his movelist here

Are you thinking of its burst super attack?

This is the one. But it kind of weird, I'm pretty sure I wasn't using burst mode, otherwise I would know how to perform it.

Do you mean recover from landings after jumping/stopping?

It's more like when the enemy knock you down, you recover to prevent further hits (its common technique in fighting games)