• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Careful what powers you invoke... still need to land this one on some of you fools 👀

I await patiently.

3EUN6Mu.png

Not even the best Gundam Space Jam!

There needs to be more Gundam Slam Jams. I might try to do one prior to this weekend for the culture.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the open access available for everyone or just those who have preordered? The wording isn't super clear.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid question but do i need to download anything for the beta? If so where do i find it?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is the open access available for everyone or just those who have preordered? The wording isn't super clear.
Stupid question but do i need to download anything for the beta? If so where do i find it?
It's for everyone. There will be a client to download on PSN, which isn't up yet.

As for people who preorder in JP/SEA, they get a full 48 hours instead of 24 hours to play every weekend. The JP site recently stated they're having troubles putting up the preorder links on PSN, so they're extending the bonus offer to everyone for this weekend. Whether or not that applies to US/EU as well is another story...

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's for everyone. There will be a client to download on PSN, which isn't up yet.

As for people who preorder in JP/SEA, they get a full 48 hours instead of 24 hours to play every weekend. The JP site recently stated they're having troubles putting up the preorder links on PSN, so they're extending the bonus offer to everyone for this weekend. Whether or not that applies to US/EU as well is another story...
Well that's pretty cool! I won't be playing this weekend since my SO will have the tv for Last of Us, but I'll be looking forward to trying it next weekend.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Does progress here carry over to release? I hate putting in time to lose it all

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
does this play like the Gundeem Seed games from ps2?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Depends which ones you're talking about.

Battle Master the 2D fighting game? Never Ending Tomorrow where you fought in space/earth? Nah.

If it's Federation vs ZAFT/Seed Destiny Plus, yup!

LOL, a lot of EXVS fans didn't like Versus, so... maybe? What didn't you like about it?

Yeah the 3d fighter kinda one

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
See the g-sound premium tracks, im not missing much so wont be importing! Day 1 crew baby!

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Aw man, I've bought every Vs game going back to PS2 thinking this will finally be the one where I can get into it, but never do. This will be no different I suppose...

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah the 3d fighter kinda one

Yarp, the EXVS franchise is basically the sequel series of the Seed VS series, but with obvious improvements.

If I remember correctly, the Gundam VS line goes...
  • Gundam: Federation vs Zeon
  • Gundam: Federation vs Zeon DX
  • Gundam vs Zeta Gundam
  • Seed Renpou vs ZAFT
  • Seed Destiny VS (Plus)
  • Gundam vs Gundam
  • GvG NEXT (Plus)
  • Extreme VS
  • EXVS Full Boost
  • EXVS Maxiboost
  • EXVS Force
  • EXVS Maxiboost ON
  • Gundam Versus
  • EXVS 2

The controls felt awkward to me and everything felt kinda, I dunno, kinda clunky? It seemed like everything was slower and not as precise as I wanted.

They share the same core mechanics, but MBON is faster and doesn't have more inputs like the Strikers or Boost Dive. The series is a fighting game by design, so I can understand why it might feel clunky if you were expecting something like other TPS games out there.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Downloading the client now. Going to be some nice weekends leading to the release. Also I agree hopefully Wing Gundam Fenice becomes DLC.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What units are y'all gonna try this time?
  • Zaku Amazing
  • Kampfer
  • Legilis
  • AGE FX
  • Montero
SlimAmusedCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Zaku Amazing, I'm not sure what else new I'm itching to try lol. Just hit random select and continue to find more MS's I like.

Will continue to run around in the Ez8, Johnny Ridden's Zaku, Hyaku Shiki, Heavy Arms Kai. Never got to run around with the other Red Astray frames in Full Boost I dont think, so I'll fuck with those too.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Does anyone know if different versions of the game are locked to their respective regions or does it just match you with players with the best ping?

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This is the first time I own PS console so at last I can own one of this games, being a PC Gundam fan is suffering.

I only have one question, I know you only get vocal versions of songs if you get the special version, but when doing a custom soundtrack with an USB the playlist is random or can I assign songs in any way?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Downloading now!

I hope this is good as the PSP one (I don't remember exact name but it did have vocal ost)

If you're talking about Gundam vs Gundam NEXT, this is waaaaaaaaay better than that. ^^

Is this available for pre-order on NA Amazon? I haven't been able to find it

We're all still waiting unfortunately. I don't think there's been any confirmation if it's digital only there as well.

Does anyone know if different versions of the game are locked to their respective regions or does it just match you with players with the best ping?

It'll match you up by your actual region. I had the US version of the closed network test and it gave me EU folks unless I searched otherwise.

This is the first time I own PS console so at last I can own one of this games, being a PC Gundam fan is suffering.

I only have one question, I know you only get vocal versions of songs if you get the special version, but when doing a custom soundtrack with an USB the playlist is random or can I assign songs in any way?

Yup. The only difference between customs and premium sound tracks is that the premium sound tracks are edited to loop properly for gameplay.