• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
ghL7hNd.gif

ZVwFW2a.jpg

63896UX.gif

ccVu2Hr.jpg

Yq92j18.jpg

5mr0EPh.jpg

U4Q6zU3.jpg

L56dP5y.jpg

hYCxGLZ.jpg

4a9Stp4.jpg

y6aAVhp.jpg

HOW TO PLAY
Learning how to Gundam can be rather exhaustive, so please check out the following guides and videos below on the mechanics and systems!

Necessary reading for beginners and vets alike. Here's the Extreme Evolution Gundam player guide for all levels of expertise:

A great video lecture series on improving your gameplay for everyone, especially those just starting out. Can watch at your own pace.

Video on notations and other stuff that you'll see in common MBON discussions.

CONTROLS
They're from my old Full Boost OT, but still applicable since loads of other places still use it as reference, plus it hasn't changed since... ^^

infohowtoplay01revised.png

infohowtoplay04.png

You'll be able to use your PS3 arcade sticks as well. :)

Premium Sound Edition and Custom Soundtracks
Like previous versions, you can import songs to create custom soundtracks! Simply create a folder called MBONMUSIC on a USB drive and import all your mp4s there. Once done, connect your USB drive to the PS4, fire up MBON and in options, you'll be able to set your tracks accordingly!

One note, you will have to set the volume of the tracks manually outside of MBON as there is no individual slider like previous games.

As for those who are importing the JP/SEA versions of the Premium Sound Edition, here's the following track list courtesy of Google Translate:

UTb5ZFJ.png

- TIER LIST -
As with any fighting game, there is a tier list to check out. Click here to see if your preferred unit is awesome or sucks! (You can always blame your teammate, lol).

EXVS Maxiboost ON Tier List

- DISCORD -
Want to hang with the GundamEra crew for some matches? Hit me up via DM and we'll send ya an invite. ^^

And with that, I'll leave you with the mega-hype release trailer...

Here's to seeing y'all on the battlefield! ^^

Last edited:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the thing going on now is like some pre-release tests kind of thing but the actual game only launches at the end of July?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I've always wanted to get into these games, but never have.

Now's the time to check it out during the next couple of weekends with the Open Access! ^^

Are branch battle and maxi boost mission offline game modes?
Correct. They're pretty extensive, too. I think I had put in 10-15ish hours into Full Boost Mission Mode in the previous EXVS game.

So the thing going on now is like some pre-release tests kind of thing but the actual game only launches at the end of July?

Yup!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT! Hoping to see some new faces during the weekend betas, pop into the discord folks!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So the open beta is every weekend until release? Starting this weekend? Daaaamn. That's gonna be plenty of time for me to decide if I wanna get it or not. That lack of anime music really turns me off though. Despite how mediocre Versus was, I liked it because of the music. Without it it's not the same. The only other negative I can think of is that my big boy Alex fucking sucks.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So this is 2v2 Gundam Virtual On?

Virtual On on steroids. ^^

So the open beta is every weekend until release? Starting this weekend? Daaaamn. That's gonna be plenty of time for me to decide if I wanna get it or not. That lack of anime music really turns me off though. Despite how mediocre Versus was, I liked it because of the music. Without it it's not the same. The only other negative I can think of is that my big boy Alex fucking sucks.

There'll be non-vocal Gundam tracks like Versus still.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
All of y'all need to get in on this, Gundam is fun as hell and the ERA/GAF group is chill

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wait for real? I thought he was only in EVS2.

Oh really? I thought there wouldn't be because the closed beta didn't have any. I'll miss the vocal tracks though. Hopefully they're at least DLC.
Yeah, closed beta rotated like 3 songs similar to the Gundam Versus one way back. As for vocals, well... you can grab them if you get either the JP or SEA versions... and even more tracks with the Premium Sound Edition.

As for Lupus Rex, it and the Montero and Zaku Amazing are being back ported to MBON, similar to how a bunch of DLC units got backported from OG Maxiboost to Full Boost back in the PS3 days. I can only assume we'll start seeing more units like that come over and possibly some Versus suits as well. Too much of a money maker, especially since COVID ganked the JP arcades for a bit with EXVS always raking in that cash.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, closed beta rotated like 3 songs similar to the Gundam Versus one way back. As for vocals, well... you can grab them if you get either the JP or SEA versions... and even more tracks with the Premium Sound Edition.

As for Lupus Rex, it and the Montero and Zaku Amazing are being back ported to MBON, similar to how a bunch of DLC units got backported from OG Maxiboost to Full Boost back in the PS3 days. I can only assume we'll start seeing more units like that come over and possibly some Versus suits as well. Too much of a money maker, especially since COVID ganked the JP arcades for a bit with EXVS always raking in that cash.
Shiiiiit I'm gonna have to get on that Barbatos train then. I suck terribly at melee in this game and avoid suits that focus on it, but I might try to make it work for Lupus Rex.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to try playing Gundam VS with Hit Box. It looks like the ideal controller for this game.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to repeat the process with the last two localised Gundam Versus games, where I buy it, fantasize a big game about becoming an ace, then getting my shit pushed in.

Glad this one is finally happening

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Looking forward to putting more hours into Extreme VS! Lot of good times just hopping into matches with friends. Especially the all Zaku fights. Those always went so poorly for everyone involved lol.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OT, god damn.

Hyped to jump back into EXVS, been awhile.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone have the link to the client on PS store. Not seeing it at all looking it up. Or do you have to receive a code signing up to something?
Nothing yet across all the PS stores. Been refreshing for ages (specifically for preorder), but will post whenever it does go live.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That's surprisingly limited. I was hoping for Amazing Exia or something from the Try sequel.

Oh well, back to Gundam 00.
Build Burning, Star Winning, Lightning Gundam, Gundam X Maoh and Wing Fenice are in EXVS2, so here's to hoping they show up via DLC.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Premium Sound Edition and Custom Soundtracks
Like previous versions, you can import songs to create custom soundtracks! Simply create a folder called MBONMUSIC on a USB drive and import all your mp4s there. Once done, connect your USB drive to the PS4, fire up MBON and in options, you'll be able to set your tracks accordingly!
So are you saying if you owned all the music in Premium Sound, there's no point in buying it?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'll personally be rocking the Premium Slam Jam edition.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Might hold off on the tests until the full release. I enjoyed the beta a lot previously but want to beat Xenoblade for sure before this drops so I can play it focused lol.

Then again, bopping people with Atlas Gundam was super fun a few weeks ago. The movement options on it are so weird and fun. Not to mention hitting its full super attack on someone is SATISFYING! The animation is long AF and just watching someone get combed with it while their team mate doesn't help is -chef kiss- beautiful.