• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of that, the dev just answered me on toucharcade stating my only two gripes about the excellent game are being taken care of in a upcoming update (2019 tough).

Custom login (for device sync) and native iOS notifications.
Awesome.

That's great. In game notifications definitely a must. Then I'll have to get back to battling you. Lol.

But I suck...need to get back to the campaign.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Just grabbed Kingdom Rush: Vengeance thanks to this thread, as I fucking love the Kingdom Rush games (completed every single one multiple time, my fave is Origins).

I had just about enough Google credit via Opinion Rewards in my account, so basically got the game for free too!

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Wow, out of nowhere, Reversi Quest 2 is fantastic. Really clever and fun strategy RPG, the art style is great too.

reversi-quest-2-3.jpg

bce5afe21fa7b65b.jpeg

reversi-quest-2-5.jpg

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I wonder when we'll see more about The Elder Scrolls: Blades, it's supposed to come out this year. I have a gut feeling that they will drop it during The Game Awards.

It really does look very promising, like a small but proper TES experience. I mean, there are NPCs and a town-building mode. Todd Howard also says that they "may add an entire open world later." I just hope it doesn't take to long to be ported to console/PCs, my phone will be barely able to run it.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder when we'll see more about The Elder Scrolls: Blades, it's supposed to come out this year. I have a gut feeling that they will drop it during The Game Awards.

It really does look very promising, like a small but proper TES experience. I mean, there are NPCs and a town-building mode. Todd Howard also says that they "may add an entire open world later." I just hope it doesn't take to long to be ported to console/PCs, my phone will be barely able to run it.

They said that a beta was xoming before that and with no sign of it and no word from Bethesda (plus the whole Fallout debacle), I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back to next year.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
XCOM: EW is a great game and plays well on the iPhone 8 Plus but its cloud saving management is the worst I've ever seen.

They said that a beta was xoming before that and with no sign of it and no word from Bethesda (plus the whole Fallout debacle), I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back to next year.
So we better forget about it being released on December the 1st as it's stated on the App Store, right? That makes me sad :_(

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Kotor on my iPad 12.9 2018 iOS 12.1 keeps crashing to homescreen. Deleted and re-installed but having same problem. Anyone else?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
XCOM: EW is a great game and plays well on the iPhone 8 Plus but its cloud saving management is the worst I've ever seen.

So we better forget about it being released on December the 1st as it's stated on the App Store, right? That makes me sad :_(

Right, that date has moved twice already and is just a placeholder.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

john titor

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing Reigns for the first time, enjoying it so far. Should I grab the second one right away (Her Majesty) or just have fun with the first one for now?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Dandara and Donut County both released the same day accross multiple platforms, the only true mobile game in that list is Florence tbh

I'd say that doesn't really matter.

Dandara plays great on touch and is compatible with MFi controllers so at least as competent as the other versions and Donut County is meant to be played with touch.

Last edited:

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
Playing Reigns for the first time, enjoying it so far. Should I grab the second one right away (Her Majesty) or just have fun with the first one for now?

Stick with the first one. Her Majesty is great and I like both of them buuuuuuut it's more of the same. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think it's a better idea to dig deeper with the first one.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Played some more of KR: Veng and so far I'm really liking it. It's still KR but with some nice tweaks and improvements here and there. I even bought the tower pack that was on sale.

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Bastion and Transistor just went on sale for $1.99 each.

So far I've filled up almost 2 pages on my iPhone with games from the sale alone. I'm amazed at how especially the newer games (well, new to me) raise the bar for mobile gaming in terms of polish and playability. And it's all indie developers too.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Also bought a ton of games this sale and so far Transistor and X-COM surprised me the most by how well they control and how much I enjoy them.

So far I purchased:
- X-com Enemy Within (Great)
- Bastion (Runs well, but controls seem a little bit overloaded, especially in some of the more hectic fights)
- Transistor (Great)
- Baldurs Gate 2 (Kinda cool to play this on an iPhone, but the interface is borderline. So far I made it out the start area and it took my twice as long as on Pc. Still pretty good.)
- Hidden Folks (Thought I could play this with my daughter but the 2nd screen is already so overwhelmingly huge, that I'm not sure if we'll ever get far.)
- iLovecraft 1+2 (Really cool, with neat gimmicks like flashes in the game use the iPhone camera's flash.)
- Tormentum (Only finished the demo, but liked it enough to buy the full game.)
- Able Black (Haven't tried it yet but the reviews on the AppStore were intriguing enough for me, to buy it.)

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
Also bought a ton of games this sale and so far Transistor and X-COM surprised me the most by how well they control and how much I enjoy them.

So far I purchased:
- X-com Enemy Within (Great)
- Bastion (Runs well, but controls seem a little bit overloaded, especially in some of the more hectic fights)
- Transistor (Great)
- Baldurs Gate 2 (Kinda cool to play this on an iPhone, but the interface is borderline. So far I made it out the start area and it took my twice as long as on Pc. Still pretty good.)
- Hidden Folks (Thought I could play this with my daughter but the 2nd screen is already so overwhelmingly huge, that I'm not sure if we'll ever get far.)
- iLovecraft 1+2 (Really cool, with neat gimmicks like flashes in the game use the iPhone camera's flash.)
- Tormentum (Only finished the demo, but liked it enough to buy the full game.)
- Able Black (Haven't tried it yet but the reviews on the AppStore were intriguing enough for me, to buy it.)

X-COM: EW is amazing. One of those games that give me hope on the future of mobile gaming (yeah, I know it's a PC game, BUT it perfectly could be a 'pure' mobile game like Ember).

Able Black has now all my attention. Anyone here played it?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I've held off buying the mobile version because of the screen size issue, but I have to say, if you can get it for a good price on PC (it's on sale on Steam pretty regularly) and that's an option for you then it's highly recommended!

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
That is interesting and also good to hear he hasn't abandoned paid games, although I was happy with the IAP model with Slydris 2 and loved the game enough to pay for it. Still addicted to it!

Must be out of the loop because I didn't know he was making a racing game. That's a huge change of pace for Radiangames. Will be curious to see what that looks like.

I liked the way he perceives value on paid apps an i agree with him on basically everything written there about that. Very interesting read

Also didnt know about the racing game in 3D, good thing is going to be premium :)

Edit:

Last edited:

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Any good starting recommendations for some praised games for iOS? Just got an XS and already have wonder blade and barbearian. Been looking at games like kingdom rush, wayward souls, I've sifted through a lot of games on the App Store only seeing a few games that looked interesting though.

I'm honestly interested in any genres aside from card types, I already have a few I had on previous devices I still play and enjoy. Trying to expand my genres.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any good starting recommendations for some praised games for iOS? Just got an XS and already have wonder blade and barbearian. Been looking at games like kingdom rush, wayward souls, I've sifted through a lot of games on the App Store only seeing a few games that looked interesting though.

I'm honestly interested in any genres aside from card types, I already have a few I had on previous devices I still play and enjoy. Trying to expand my genres.

868-HACK
Minecraft (MFI)
Don't Starve: Pocket Edition (MFI)
Civilization VI
Mini Metro
Stardew Valley (MFI)
Through the Ages
Monster Hunter Unite (MFI)
Death Road to Canada (MFI)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Alto's Adventure/Alto's Odyssey
The Room (series)
Kingdom Rush (series)
Motorsport Manager 3 Mobile

And more, including some excellent card games and the iPad-only FTL: Faster Than Light.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

Thimbleweed Park
Oddmar
Snakebird (free to try)
Threes (free version available to try)
Ocmo (currently free for a limited time)
FEZ
Cat Quest
Kalimba
The Witness
After the End: Forsaken Destiny
Gunbrick
Leap Day (free)

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
868-HACK
Minecraft (MFI)
Don't Starve: Pocket Edition (MFI)
Civilization VI
Mini Metro
Stardew Valley (MFI)
Through the Ages
Monster Hunter Unite (MFI)
Death Road to Canada (MFI)
Alto's Adventure/Alto's Odyssey
The Room (series)
Kingdom Rush (series)
Motorsport Manager 3 Mobile

And more, including some excellent card games and the iPad-only FTL: Faster Than Light.

Thimbleweed Park
Oddmar
Snakebird (free to try)
FEZ
Cat Quest
Kalimba
The Witness
Gunbrick
Leap Day (free)

Thanks for the replies guys, will def check out these games!

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017

Also make sure to check out:
Grimvalor - Dark Souls-inspired side-scroller
G30 - Minimalist puzzle game with a unique aesthetic
Kensho - Slide puzzler with amazing visuals
Monster Hunter Stories Begins (free demo) with enhanced graphics over the 3DS original
Chaos Reborn - Deep tactical RPG from the creator of X-COM
Suzy Cube - 3D platformer
SPACEPLAN - super-polished idle clicker
Umiro - action puzzle with an intriguing story
Tiny Bubbles - Chill puzzle game with realistic fluid mechanics
Severed - superb port of Drinkbox's best game
Thumper - 60 fps rhythm horror game

All the above games are currently discounted aside from Monster Hunter Stories (full game is $20 iirc)

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Also make sure to check out:
Grimvalor - Dark Souls-inspired side-scroller
G30 - Minimalist puzzle game with a unique aesthetic
Kensho - Slide puzzler with amazing visuals
Monster Hunter Stories Begins (free demo) with enhanced graphics over the 3DS original
Chaos Reborn - Deep tactical RPG from the creator of X-COM
Suzy Cube - 3D platformer
SPACEPLAN - super-polished idle clicker
Umiro - action puzzle with an intriguing story
Tiny Bubbles - Chill puzzle game with realistic fluid mechanics
Severed - superb port of Drinkbox's best game
Thumper - 60 fps rhythm horror game

All the above games are currently discounted aside from Monster Hunter Stories (full game is $20 iirc)
Quick question about Severed. Does the game offer any item progression, e.g. you pick up new or better gear along the way?

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Quick question about Severed. Does the game offer any item progression, e.g. you pick up new or better gear along the way?

Sort of... from the game's website:
  • Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of... from the game's website:
  • Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.

Its like Legend of Grimlock meets Metroidvania. The game offers item progression in heath upgrades and unlocking techniques to get past certain areas or deal with certain enemies.
Thanks guys. Irate Bandit you got me me at Legends of Grimrock, which is one of my all-time favorites. I guess I'll give Severed a try.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been a bit naughty bought the following

Pocket City
Agent A
Knights of the Old Republic
Reigns
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Plague Inc
The Room
Motorsport Manager 3

I actually don't really like Reigns and i'm glad i did not go all in on the series, way too simplistic for me.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I liked the way he perceives value on paid apps an i agree with him on basically everything written there about that. Very interesting read

Also didnt know about the racing game in 3D, good thing is going to be premium :)

Edit:

Reed 2? Sure why not. First one was pretty interesting.

Thimbleweed Park
Oddmar
Snakebird (free to try)
FEZ
Cat Quest
Kalimba
The Witness
Gunbrick
Leap Day (free)
This one still being App Store exclusive is tearing me apart. I fear we may never get an Android Port for it.

I have been a bit naughty bought the following

Pocket City
Agent A
Knights of the Old Republic
Reigns
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Plague Inc
The Room
Motorsport Manager 3

I actually don't really like Reigns and i'm glad i did not go all in on the series, way too simplistic for me.
Reigns: Her Majesty is actually far better than Reigns. Still simplistic, but there is a far better puzzle aspect to the items, and things like the Zodiac add enough of a spin to keep interest.

john titor

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stick with the first one. Her Majesty is great and I like both of them buuuuuuut it's more of the same. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think it's a better idea to dig deeper with the first one.

Thanks! I'll stick with the first one for now.

So far during the weekend I got:
  • Alphaputt (not really into golf but love the art style)
  • Pocket City (looks like a decent city building sim with neat art and no MT)
  • Florence (Annapurna rocks, have been looking to get this for some time)
  • Reigns (interesting concept, enjoying it so far)
  • Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (honestly, not sure what this game is like but I'm in for some detective/spy puzzles)
  • Where Shadows Slumber (seems like a nice game with a good story)
  • Baldur's Gate (looking to have some classics on iPad I'm going to get one day, haha)
  • Super Fowlst (free, this one looks reaaaally weird)
  • Ocmo (free, more decent platformers is a good thing)
There a lot of other decent games on sale, but I'm trying to balance between iPhone, touchscreen tablet/laptop with Steam and PS Vita as well.

Last edited:

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping for some of the board games I'm missing to be on sale but so far nothing.
Got my hands on Gorogoa, Agent A, Pocket City and Ocmo for the time being.
Only tried Gorogoa for now but it looks great on the iPad.