• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JCho133

Dec 13, 2017
The update is in review so should be out in a couple of days.

Oh HECK yeah.

Hope that update also brings iPhone X support.

But even after firing it up again today, I still like Black Paradox better. Part of it may be the 80s theme that I love but even the controls seem tighter in BP.

Steredenn doesn't seem to have true 1:1 relative touch with the ship lagging behind slightly and it's way too sensitive to the point where it's almost jittery and easy to make mistakes.

Definitely check out Black Paradox if you are a fan of the genre.

How do they compare in terms of the amount of content?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just wanted to chime in and say Asphalt 9 and the Konami picross game are among my GotY this year. Granted I'm in the final slow grind of A9 to get good enough cars to 100% the offline campaign, but I've enjoyed my time playing it enough that I can look past that.

Spierek

Oct 27, 2017
You're the developer for Golf Peaks? You did a great job. I'm not finished with the game yet, but I like how you balanced the difficulty and made each level progressively more challenging using the same concepts introduced in the first level of each "world." It's how I would design a puzzle game if I were in that position.

One thing I'd love to see are iCloud saves implemented so I can progress on my iPad, too.

iCloud saves are implemented but due to synchronization issues sometimes when you're launching the game for the first time on another device it can boot you straight into 1-1 instead of going to the main menu. If you quit the game and re-open it, you should have your saves synced properly. Let me know if you encounter any issues with that.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed that Kingdom Rush Vengeance is up for preorder on iOS (might have been for a while, just didn't check until today) so I went ahead and bought it. Should release one week from today

The screen shots on the page list some potentially interesting new mechanics to the game. Apparently there's 16 new towers in this game (usually there's like 8: 4 different types of towers with 2 alternates they can change into at the last upgrade), and it appears that you have to equip up to 5 towers before going into a battle, so it'll be interesting to see how that changes things. Not sure I love the sound of that change, but maybe the towers are unique enough that it'll add some additional replayability to the game.

Also says it'll have 16 levels at launch, which I think is about one more than Origins had at launch. I remember that feeling a bit short in Origins, but they always support their games with at least 2 free expansions.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that Kingdom Rush Vengeance is up for preorder on iOS (might have been for a while, just didn't check until today) so I went ahead and bought it. Should release one week from today

The screen shots on the page list some potentially interesting new mechanics to the game. Apparently there's 16 new towers in this game (usually there's like 8: 4 different types of towers with 2 alternates they can change into at the last upgrade), and it appears that you have to equip up to 5 towers before going into a battle, so it'll be interesting to see how that changes things. Not sure I love the sound of that change, but maybe the towers are unique enough that it'll add some additional replayability to the game.

Also says it'll have 16 levels at launch, which I think is about one more than Origins had at launch. I remember that feeling a bit short in Origins, but they always support their games with at least 2 free expansions.
That sounds Dungeon Warfare-inspired

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds Dungeon Warfare-inspired
Yeah, and there was an older iOS tower defense game I played a little of that definitely took a LOT of inspiration from Kingdom Rush, but had a similar mechanic (towers were treated like cards and you built a deck with them to bring into levels.

No idea what it was called, and it seems like it might have been delisted since it's no longer in my list of purchased apps.

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017

iCloud saves are implemented but due to synchronization issues sometimes when you're launching the game for the first time on another device it can boot you straight into 1-1 instead of going to the main menu. If you quit the game and re-open it, you should have your saves synced properly. Let me know if you encounter any issues with that.
That worked, thank you! I just got to World 5, and it's definitely getting tougher. I'm no longer cruising through the levels anymore — each one takes me some time and contemplation. Really love the game so far and look forward to supporting additional content if it's something the game's sales justify.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Oh HECK yeah.

How do they compare in terms of the amount of content?

Content is probably a bit more fleshed out in Steredenn with those extra modes. Haven't finished the main campaign (it's hard!) but imagine it is similar in length. I do think there's more weapons and power ups to earn in Black Paradox.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Just wanted to chime in and say Asphalt 9 and the Konami picross game are among my GotY this year. Granted I'm in the final slow grind of A9 to get good enough cars to 100% the offline campaign, but I've enjoyed my time playing it enough that I can look past that.
I want to like Asphalt,but I can't. If they offered a premium 15€ base game with no mtx, all the tracks, half or more of the cars and had the upgrades traditional instead of gacha, I would be so in. But right now it's the epitome of "Mobile Gaming", and that sucks.

Spierek

Oct 27, 2017
That worked, thank you! I just got to World 5, and it's definitely getting tougher. I'm no longer cruising through the levels anymore — each one takes me some time and contemplation. Really love the game so far and look forward to supporting additional content if it's something the game's sales justify.

Glad to hear. We're planning to release a free content update with a new world relatively soon, so look forward to that :)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I want to like Asphalt,but I can't. If they offered a premium 15€ base game with no mtx, all the tracks, half or more of the cars and had the upgrades traditional instead of gacha, I would be so in. But right now it's the epitome of "Mobile Gaming", and that sucks.
Imo theyve made it far easier to get some csrs as well as obtain blue coins.
If u do the daily challenges in time youll always be winning the time attacks and getting cards to star up those specific vehicles and for the most part they are enough to clear various other online races
There are also biweekly events to get crtain cars as well.

I do agree that the gatcha elemnts become annyoing once u got lots of cars, but i feel it is much better now to get cards than it was before following the update from a few months ago.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good Columns substitute on the App Store? There was one by Sega a while back but it's gone now.

What's the best of the Tetris games available?

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Tried Slydris 2, didnt like it

Golf Peaks is made by the same guy who made SUPERHOT? It must be very good then, a mix of golf, puzzling and cards...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
A few good sales:

Final Fantasy Tactics (iPhone) $13.99 —> $3.99
Final Fantasy Tactics (iPad) $15.99 —> $4.99
Harvest Moon: Seed is Memories $9.99 —> $4.99
Baldur's Gate $9.99 —> $1.99

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Re: new iPad ratios. I believe developers have until March 2019 to have all their apps conform to new iOS 12 standards. A lot of games on my new Pro (biggest one) have black borders. Can't think of any that I play that have been patched tbh.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Re: new iPad ratios. I believe developers have until March 2019 to have all their apps conform to new iOS 12 standards. A lot of games on my new Pro (biggest one) have black borders. Can't think of any that I play that have been patched tbh.

Just to be clear, that's only for new apps and updates not applying to current games. Plenty of those won't be patched at all (but at least they'll work). I've seen a few games updated already.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Do we think there'll be a bunch of iOS stuff on sale later this week? Just picked up an iPad Pro 2018, it's my first iOS device in 5+ years so I'm interested in picking up a few games! Pocket City would be a great fit.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Just to be clear, that's only for new apps and updates not applying to current games. Plenty of those won't be patched at all (but at least they'll work). I've seen a few games updated already.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...lix-ios-update-ipad-pro-2018-black-bars-issue

Says app and app updates. So if they update the app and it goes through certification again (as with any online game), the resolution issue will have to be fixed. Older games without online components are likely screwed.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...lix-ios-update-ipad-pro-2018-black-bars-issue

Says app and app updates. So if they update the app and it goes through certification again (as with any online game), the resolution issue will have to be fixed. Older games without online components are likely screwed.

Yep, that's what I was saying, sorry if that wasn't clear. So a lot of games won't have updates but that's not as bad as the 64bit switch.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think there'll be a bunch of iOS stuff on sale later this week? Just picked up an iPad Pro 2018, it's my first iOS device in 5+ years so I'm interested in picking up a few games! Pocket City would be a great fit.
Historically iOS Black Friday sales have been pretty good and very comprehensive, it's the best time of the year to buy games and apps.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Super Fowlst is beyond addicting.

Trying to get past 10K points as we speak.
Can't put it down, but the bosses are insane.