• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎The Almost Gone

‎Experience the intricate dioramas and connections of your life, and the ripples we all make, in this award-winning narrative puzzle game. Poised between life and death, isolated and alone, you must unravel the poignant truths that led to your fate. Dig beneath the beautifully rendered façades...

play.google.com

The Almost Gone - Apps on Google Play

Examine the dioramas of your life, and uncover the truth about your death

apps.apple.com

‎Crying Suns

‎When FTL meets Foundation and Dune: Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire. In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the...

play.google.com

Crying Suns - Apps on Google Play

Space tactical rogue-lite inspired by Dune and Foundation

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Crying Suns by Humble Bundle:

apps.apple.com

‎Crying Suns

‎When FTL meets Foundation and Dune: Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire. In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the...
play.google.com

Crying Suns - Apps on Google Play

Space tactical rogue-lite inspired by Dune and Foundation

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond a Steel Sky, the follow up to the 90's point and click classic is out early on Apple Arcade as the service's 125th game:
apps.apple.com

‎Beyond a Steel Sky

‎From Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind ‘Watchmen’, comes ‘Beyond a Steel Sky’, the long awaited sequel to the cult classic ‘Beneath a Steel Sky’. You are Robert Foster. A child has been abducted in a brutal...

Edit: holy cow!

‘Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition’ Is Coming Soon to iPad, Revealed at WWDC 2020 – TouchArcade

Every WWDC, Apple reveals more about iOS and iPadOS during the week through developer sessions. With WWDC 2020, we learned a lot of about how playing with controllers is getting enhanced this year and how Apple is finally adding some long overdue features to Apple Arcade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond a Steel Sky, the follow up to the 90's point and click classic is out early on Apple Arcade as the service's 125th game:
apps.apple.com

‎Beyond a Steel Sky

‎From Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind ‘Watchmen’, comes ‘Beyond a Steel Sky’, the long awaited sequel to the cult classic ‘Beneath a Steel Sky’. You are Robert Foster. A child has been abducted in a brutal...

Edit: holy cow!

‘Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition’ Is Coming Soon to iPad, Revealed at WWDC 2020 – TouchArcade

Every WWDC, Apple reveals more about iOS and iPadOS during the week through developer sessions. With WWDC 2020, we learned a lot of about how playing with controllers is getting enhanced this year and how Apple is finally adding some long overdue features to Apple Arcade.
That's pretty big!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Any good new or hidden gem games on Android from the last couple of months? Has to be playable on a phone

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Apple Arcade is not working well enough for Apple given the amount of cash thrown into games thus far, multiple games cancelled and a focus on more replayable games a la Grindstone is now the vision:
www.bloomberg.com

Apple Cancels Some Arcade Games in Strategy Shift To Keep Subscribers

Apple Inc. has shifted the strategy of its Apple Arcade gaming service, canceling contracts for some games in development while seeking other titles that it believes will better retain subscribers.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Didn't expect to come into this thread to find a BaSS release.

The thread title reminded me there's a Dicey Dungeons port due eventually.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Need cross play game recommendations. Wife is on a midrange android and I have an iPhone 11. Looked at Fortnite and I think the crafting might turn her off.

June Recap
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
June Recap

2112TD: Tower Defense Survival
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Little Orpheus (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Slay the Spire
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

The Academy: The First Riddle
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Golf On Mars
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Beyond a Steel Sky (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

The Almost Gone
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Crying Suns
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎AWAY Journey to the Unexpected

‎AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected is a love letter to japanese animation made by a two-person team. It invites you to a very unusual journey to a charming and wacky 3D world populated by 2D characters. AWAY is a short light-hearted story mixing action, silly discussions, rogue-lite elements and sm…

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎One Finger Death Punch II

‎Attention please, you are surrounded. Take any weapons available nearby. Using Kung fu to defeat all enemies. Becoming the most awesome Kung fu master - fast as lightning. One Finger Death Punch II - the world's fastest brawler. As a sequel of One Finger Death Punch, players will find the...

Edit:

This could very well be a teaser for XCOM 2 on iOS:

If it's done by Feral, oh my! They've done such incredible ports that it would finally get the treatment it deserves (XCOM 1 was fine on iOS but needed better controls and the Unreal Engine wasn't as mobile as it is now)

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
If for any reason you haven't got Threes! yet, it's on sale for the first time in over two years: $1 or 0,49€ in Europe. That's the cheapest ever.

apps.apple.com

‎Threes!

‎Threes is tiny puzzle that grows on you. This is the buy-once-play-forever version. ³ Apple Game of the Year 2014!! ³ Apple Design Award 2014 Winner ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ “You might as well delete Candy Crush Saga now.” ~ Pocket Gamer “It's surprisingly adorable, for a game starring...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Sequel to Wave Wave is out and it's even better than the original!

apps.apple.com

‎Wave Redux

‎Experience a stunning geometric chill-game with Wave Redux, spiritual successor to the hit 2014 twitch game Wave Wave. The wave is back and more mind-numbingly addictive than ever. How far can you go? • Peace out in 'Chill Mode' with calming obstacles and nice music. • Turn up the heat in...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
A Fold Apart got a huge update that completely overhauls the touch controls among a long, long list of other changes. I gave up on it early on the last go around so gonna give it another spin and see if it's better.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Thought this article would be of interest to some in here interested in the business side of mobile, especially as the revenues are laid bare for the developer of Card Crawl which got a bit of play here.

www.gamasutra.com

Mobile game discovery - why it's tricky for indies

Mobile games grossed almost $70 billion in 2019. But why aren't lots of small and medium indies without experience jumping into the space? Here's some good reas

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a 12.9 ipad pro(2020). Any particular mobile games I should be on the lookout for?. I already have a ps4 and switch so looking for more mobile exclusive unless the port is actually preferable on mobile. Off the top of my head I'll grab FTL next time it's on sale and looks like I should get Papers, Please and it hasn't been on sale in years.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Just got a 12.9 ipad pro(2020). Any particular mobile games I should be on the lookout for?. I already have a ps4 and switch so looking for more mobile exclusive unless the port is actually preferable on mobile. Off the top of my head I'll grab FTL next time it's on sale and looks like I should get Papers, Please and it hasn't been on sale in years.

Genshin Impact. It's supposed to come out this year and will probably be the best looking mobile game.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
every day without Wild Rift is suffering

apps.apple.com

‎Attention please, you are surrounded. Take any weapons available nearby. Using Kung fu to defeat all enemies. Becoming the most awesome Kung fu master - fast as lightning. One Finger Death Punch II - the world's fastest brawler. As a sequel of One Finger Death Punch, players will find the...

Edit:

This could very well be a teaser for XCOM 2 on iOS:

If it's done by Feral, oh my! They've done such incredible ports that it would finally get the treatment it deserves (XCOM 1 was fine on iOS but needed better controls and the Unreal Engine wasn't as mobile as it is now)

oh fuck that would be incredible

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Soda Dungeon 2:

apps.apple.com

‎Soda Dungeon 2

‎Your favorite fizzy dungeon crawler is back! The Dark Lord has locked all sorts of legendary items, loot, and goodies up in his castle behind a seemingly endless guard of monsters, traps, and treachery. Daunting? Not for you— You’ll be safe in the tavern hiring Soda Junkies to do the dirty work...
play.google.com

Soda Dungeon 2 - Apps on Google Play

Everyone’s favorite laid-back dungeon crawler returns!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Holy cow! The excellent standalone and single player adventure Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, which uses Gwent as its main gameplay feature, is out now:
apps.apple.com

‎Thronebreaker

‎Thronebreaker is a single player campaign for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Choice-driven, and cast with rich, multi-dimensional characters, it once again thrusts gamers into the monster-infested world of The Witcher. Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments...

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Edit - forgot that I wasn't signed into game centre lol. Soda Dungeon 2 has cloud saves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Holy cow! The excellent standalone and single player adventure Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, which uses Gwent as its main gameplay feature, is out now:
apps.apple.com

‎Thronebreaker

‎Thronebreaker is a single player campaign for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Choice-driven, and cast with rich, multi-dimensional characters, it once again thrusts gamers into the monster-infested world of The Witcher. Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments...
That's awesome!

I already beat thronebreaker on PC and loved it so it's an easy recommendation for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎Thronebreaker

This is excellent. Hope the Android version doesn't take long.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎Thronebreaker

Think I'll have to pick this up at some point. Switch port apparently has some issues but I imagine it'll run quite well on my pro.

Deleted member 73558

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jul 2, 2020
Game freezes at the end of the first battle :-/
Actually, starting a new game did the trick! I was able to progress past the first battle.
So far the game is great. Having to long-press for any and every action is cumbersome but otherwise it's a very solid port.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Newest Anamita Design puzzle adventure game, Creaks, is out on Apple Arcade. It's a big one at 3.6 GB!

apps.apple.com

‎Creaks

‎The ground starts shaking, light bulbs are breaking - and something rather unusual is happening right behind the walls of your very room. Equipped with nothing but wit and courage, you slowly descend into a world inhabited by avian folk and seemingly deadly furniture monsters. From the...

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Newest Anamita Design puzzle adventure game, Creaks, is out on Apple Arcade. It's a big one at 3.6 GB!

apps.apple.com

‎Creaks

‎The ground starts shaking, light bulbs are breaking - and something rather unusual is happening right behind the walls of your very room. Equipped with nothing but wit and courage, you slowly descend into a world inhabited by avian folk and seemingly deadly furniture monsters. From the...

Holy! That was one of my most anticipated indie titles and I loved every one of their games. Can't wait to dive in. What a week!

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017

apps.apple.com

‎Creaks

Eh. I was looking forward to this, but I didn't know that it uses a virtual joystick to control the character. I hate this. I don't think I'll complete this one.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
What the Golf? also got a huge update with a "Sporty Sports Special" mode with takes on other sports.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
apps.apple.com

I grabbed this because I thought it would be perfect for mobile... and it pretty much is:) Though the game seems to be missing a couple of the PC modes. Even the survival modes, despite the app store mentioning them. So maybe they'll be added later? Seems a bit shady though...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed this because I thought it would be perfect for mobile... and it pretty much is:) Though the game seems to be missing a couple of the PC modes. Even the survival modes, despite the app store mentioning them. So maybe they'll be added later? Seems a bit shady though...
I read a post on TA that said the dev would be adding the survival modes later. But yeah, I was kind of annoyed it wasn't there.

Fun game nonetheless. Hope it gets updated with them soon.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Know people are occupied with Slay the Spire as far as card games, but really wanted to recommend Phantom Rose Scarlet. It's an outstanding rogue like card game. Beautiful artwork and attack animations. Combat involves phases and lots of strategy with multiple cards to draw from your entire deck (cooldowns after playing each).

Buy the $5 "supporter" pack and it's basically a premium game. Also, ignore the reviews for the dev's similar title on Steam. This is built for mobile from the ground up and doesn't have the issues that the PC game has (losing decks, etc.).

It's actually taking time away from StS for me. 5-star average with 60 reviews and it deserves it.

apps.apple.com

‎Phantom Rose Scarlet

‎◆ A Roguelike Card Adventure Phantom Rose is an indie game by solo developer & artist makaroll. Build your card deck and make careful decisions while you explore as each death may be permanent. ◆ Defeat and Collect Collect over 100+ cards and powerful items by defeating phantoms & rescuing...

Status
Not open for further replies.