• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga was updated with full screen iPhone X support!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017

Pre-order:
apps.apple.com

‎The Almost Gone

‎Experience the intricate dioramas and connections of your life, and the ripples we all make, in this award-winning narrative puzzle game. Poised between life and death, isolated and alone, you must unravel the poignant truths that led to your fate. Dig beneath the beautifully rendered façades...
play.google.com

The Almost Gone - Apps on Google Play

Examine the dioramas of your life, and uncover the truth about your death

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Agent Intercept got a huge update finally adding a story mode. I always liked the game but the lack of content was always a big problem to me. Time to redownload it!

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all. Just got my SE and I'm looking For recommendations for a good RPG, not necessarily a rogue like, to play on a smaller screen. I've got a ton of great RPG's on my iPad but some, like Final Fantasy tactics, are almost undecipherable on the SE's 4.75" screen.

Something fairly deep, turn base combat,Ideally, would be awesome. Premium is preferred.

Thanks, all!

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. Just got my SE and I'm looking For recommendations for a good RPG, not necessarily a rogue like, to play on a smaller screen. I've got a ton of great RPG's on my iPad but some, like Final Fantasy tactics, are almost undecipherable on the SE's 4.75" screen.

Something fairly deep, turn base combat,Ideally, would be awesome. Premium is preferred.

Thanks, all!
Rogue Hearts - Standalone
Ticket to Earth
Galaxy of Pen and Paper
Ara Fell
The Quest

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

Thanks, all!

Steamworld Heist

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Agent Intercept got a huge update finally adding a story mode. I always liked the game but the lack of content was always a big problem to me. Time to redownload it!
On top of this, Overland got an update with some small new content but a huge list of fixes and Marble it Up got new multiplayer modes, challenges, content and a singleplayer world.

Edit: Turn Based RPG The_Otherside is this week's Apple Arcade title.

Just tried it and it's pretty cool. The fact that it seems to be you replaying random levels without a fixed structured might dampen my enjoyment but we'll see.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
No Way Home got a huge update as well:
30+ new missions, defend missions, new characters, new checkpoint and fast travel systems, bug fixes

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand

Glad you enjoyed it and are giving it another shot. The Story Mode was always planned, and we have had a full team working on the game since launch who have been busily adding features and content. We've generally put out an update every month since launch, and will be continuing that cadence until at least the end of the year.

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say; I want to hate Mario Kart World Tour but it's honestly an enjoyable experience. I like the driver proficiencies forcing you out of your comfort zone.

Would a premium version with all the live events be better? Of course. Would I prefer controller support? For sure.

Is it a fun portrait-mode arcade racer? Hell yes!

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Last week, I replayed Tormentum - Dark Sorrow for the first time. And it was just as gorgeous as I remembered it. The Giger-esque hellish landscapes and the monstrous creatures.. it's just beautiful. Check it out if you're a fan of this artstyle and/or point'n'click games.

And while searching for pictures to include in this post, I learned that a sequel is supposed to be released this year. Fuck yeah.

tormentum-dark-sorrowocj56.jpg

tormentum_2015-03-03_ydkhf.jpg

was-isttormentum_2621mhjb2.jpg

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fully premium and offline version of the F2P game with the same name:

apps.apple.com

‎Space Pioneer: Full Gear

‎The Full Gear Edition of the critically acclaimed top-down shooter Space Pioneer, gives you: - An epic solo adventure. Experience the full solo campaign of Space Pioneer, with all equipment, classes, weapons and skills unlockable via progression. - Entirely playable offline. Play anywhere...

I'm really loving it that more devs are doing this with their games.

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
This is a fully premium and offline version of the F2P game with the same name:

apps.apple.com

‎Space Pioneer: Full Gear

‎The Full Gear Edition of the critically acclaimed top-down shooter Space Pioneer, gives you: - An epic solo adventure. Experience the full solo campaign of Space Pioneer, with all equipment, classes, weapons and skills unlockable via progression. - Entirely playable offline. Play anywhere...

I'm really loving it that more devs are doing this with their games.
Is there controller support? I don't see it listed on the store page. Otherwise, this looks right up my alley.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Stolen from Reddit but the premium IAP to remove ads for this game is free today (Normally $4.99). Don't be swayed by it being a "political" game. It's pretty funny and balanced. This is a great Punch Out inspired game.

apps.apple.com

‎Election Year Knockout: Boxing

‎Create your own political party, lace up your boxing gloves, and punch your way to the White House in Election Year Knockout! In a country torn apart by its political divide, the nation has resorted to boxing to settle its differences. Fight your way through hilarious political opponents before...

On another note, I'm shocked by how good KartRider Rush+ is. I hate Nexon on the whole but this game destroys Sega's Sonic Racing on Apple Arcade. I'm just playing through the Story Mode and haven't felt any need to spend money. Feels pretty generous. So much more full featured than Sonic.

apps.apple.com

‎KartRider Rush+

‎The kart racing sensation enjoyed by over 300M players worldwide is back and better than ever with more style, more game modes, more thrill! Race with friends or just play it solo through a variety of gameplay modes. Collect and upgrade iconic characters and karts from the KartRider universe...

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to give this a try after reading IGN's 9/10 review of it. I have a hard time getting into CCGs that are complex but this is great so far. Approachable for noobs but deep enough to have to keep learning. F2P seems fair so far.

Anyone else playing?

apps.apple.com

‎Legends of Runeterra

‎In this strategy card game, skill defines your success—not luck. Mix and match iconic champions, allies, and regions of Runeterra to unlock unique card synergies and outplay your opponent. MASTER EVERY MOMENT Dynamic, alternating gameplay means you can always react and counter, but so can...

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else playing?

apps.apple.com

‎Legends of Runeterra

‎In this strategy card game, skill defines your success—not luck. Mix and match iconic champions, allies, and regions of Runeterra to unlock unique card synergies and outplay your opponent. MASTER EVERY MOMENT Dynamic, alternating gameplay means you can always react and counter, but so can...
www.resetera.com

Legends of Runeterra |OT| Yay! Now I Can Bat Around the Bodies! OT

Set in the world of League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success. Sign up to play at https://playruneterra.com - when you do, you will be able to play starting this Thursday at 1 PM Eastern! The game is...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Yaga got a huge update on Apple Arcade. Had thought it had promise before but had some issues. Going to give it another shot.

Ballistic Baseball also had an update.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
New Apple Arcade puzzle game released:

apps.apple.com

‎Winding Worlds

‎You're far from home. You're not sure how you got here. But you do know one thing: it's your calling to help your new friends, however you can. But not all of them are being cooperative... "From the award-winning studio that brought you GNOG comes Winding Worlds, a finger-wiggling...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Today's Apple Arcade game is finally Winding Worlds by KO_OP (makers of the DLC for Lara Croft GO and GNOG) will be live shortly.

Also updates for:
Butter Royale
BorderLeap (Multiplayer Update)
Spaceland (Multiplayer Update with 8 new single player levels)
tint. (29 new levels)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Today's Apple Arcade game is finally Winding Worlds by KO_OP (makers of the DLC for Lara Croft GO and GNOG) will be live shortly.

Also updates for:
Butter Royale
BorderLeap (Multiplayer Update)
Spaceland (Multiplayer Update with 8 new single player levels)
tint. (29 new levels)
Added link for Winding Worlds in the post above yours. :)

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Finally decided to give this a try after reading IGN's 9/10 review of it. I have a hard time getting into CCGs that are complex but this is great so far. Approachable for noobs but deep enough to have to keep learning. F2P seems fair so far.

Anyone else playing?

apps.apple.com

‎Legends of Runeterra

Yes! It's so good - come join us!

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating between dead cells and sword of ditto. I'm gonna play on a controller. I think I'm leaning ditto but I'm worried that it's kind of unfinished. It seemed like it had some issues when it first came out, has it been updated to be better or was the coverage back then missing stuff?

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating between dead cells and sword of ditto. I'm gonna play on a controller. I think I'm leaning ditto but I'm worried that it's kind of unfinished. It seemed like it had some issues when it first came out, has it been updated to be better or was the coverage back then missing stuff?
Apparently the game was a little unforgiving at launch with permadeath, a forced time limit, and obtuse dungeon puzzles. But Mormo's Curse update fixed all of that and it's a much better game compared to release.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Might not be the right place to ask this, but I need iCloud/Game Center help. Am I wrong in thinking that my game progress should sync across my phone and iPad in Apple Arcade games? I owned my iPad first and when In switched my phone to iOS and linked my account I assumed my game progress would come over. But the only game that seems to work is Archero of all things. Even simple stuff like Word Laces expects me to restart on my phone.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Might not be the right place to ask this, but I need iCloud/Game Center help. Am I wrong in thinking that my game progress should sync across my phone and iPad in Apple Arcade games? I owned my iPad first and when In switched my phone to iOS and linked my account I assumed my game progress would come over. But the only game that seems to work is Archero of all things. Even simple stuff like Word Laces expects me to restart on my phone.

Have you looked into the settings app to make sure that under Game Center the same account is linked?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎If Found...

‎If Found… is an interactive visual novel from DREAMFEEL about searching for connection. On December 31st 1993 in the crumbling ruins of a mansion on Achill Island, Kasio destroys her diary. It tells the story of her return home to the West of Ireland, her conflict with her family, the friend…

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The Pako developers have a new game out, Astalo:

apps.apple.com

‎Astalo

‎Ready, aim, slash! Astalo is a dungeon crawling action game designed for mobile. + One button hack and slash arcade game + Find secret treasures and collect powerups + Battle against evil monsters, skeletons, scary creatures and bosses + Travel thru multiple arenas + Unlock characters with...
play.google.com

Astalo - Apps on Google Play

Dungeon crawling action game

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing Subscribe To My Adventure after having a browse through my recommended games - it's fun so far. Themed like a fantasy style twitch/facebook where you're an adventurer live-streaming your adventures and you have to balance your regular attacks/defence with doing actions which will increase the excitement level of your viewers and gain you more subscribers. The art style is great and the theming plays really well. Not sure how much depth there is as I've only been playing through the story for a little while but I'm enjoying it.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎Wilmot's Warehouse

‎Wilmot's Warehouse is a puzzle game about keeping a warehouse running in tip-top shape. You play as Wilmot, a hard working warehouse employee tasked with pushing, sorting and stacking a variety of products. Over time more and more truckloads of these products will arrive, gradually filling up...

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
apps.apple.com

‎Wilmot's Warehouse

‎Wilmot's Warehouse is a puzzle game about keeping a warehouse running in tip-top shape. You play as Wilmot, a hard working warehouse employee tasked with pushing, sorting and stacking a variety of products. Over time more and more truckloads of these products will arrive, gradually filling up...

This looks right up my street, is there anyway of finding out if it has iCloud before I buy? It's becoming a pre-requisite for me and I find "premium / port" dev's usually add it but only way to tell is to buy, install and check my iCloud settings...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
This looks right up my street, is there anyway of finding out if it has iCloud before I buy? It's becoming a pre-requisite for me and I find "premium / port" dev's usually add it but only way to tell is to buy, install and check my iCloud settings...

Sadly, there's no way to know on the App Store.

Edit:
The first Danganronpa is out now on mobile (will be live worldwide in a few hours):

apps.apple.com

‎Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Hav

‎Danganronpa 10-Year Anniversary Release: Part 1! In celebration of its 10-year anniversary, Danganronpa is now available on smartphones! Please enjoy this Danganronpa reborn with improved gameplay systems and a new gallery feature. ■ Story The story takes place at a privileged...
play.google.com

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Hav - Apps on Google Play

To celebrate its 10 year anniversary, Danganronpa is now on smartphones!

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows if the game Ghost Tricks is still working on modern Android phones?

I'm not seeing it on the App Store but it could have been pulled for license reasons or whatever..

I've been thinking about playing that game again but doesn't look like there's any ways to play it on a modern system?

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody knows if the game Ghost Tricks is still working on modern Android phones?

I'm not seeing it on the App Store but it could have been pulled for license reasons or whatever..

I've been thinking about playing that game again but doesn't look like there's any ways to play it on a modern system?
Doesn't work for me anymore which fucking sucks insanely hard

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the DS game. It was also released on mobile later on.
Huh, had no idea it came to android at some point, I assumed it was iOS exclusive.

If you owned the android version I wouldn't see any harm in using a DS emulator+rom to play it. Havent used one in a long time but I've heard they run well on Android phones.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Despite this game having "Souls" in the title, it apparently takes inspiration more from action games like God of War than it does Dark Souls. IAPs look to be mostly cosmetic.

Blade of God : Vargr Souls:

apps.apple.com

‎Blade of God : Vargr Souls

‎Blade of God is an indie hardcore 3D action mobile game. 【Monster Creator-Free DLC release】 Unlike the stage of the main story, it no longer emphasizes combat reaction and action. In this DLC, the abilities of strategy and layout are more tested. This time all monsters will participate in the…
play.google.com

Blade of God : Vargr Souls - Apps on Google Play

A tough, but unique hardcore 3D action game

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017

If we're talking about iOS as well the game's still showing up and working for me:
apps.apple.com

‎GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective

‎Experience this much beloved, touching story for yourself. Try this brand-new kind of "Interactive Mystery" for free right now! ◆ This Story Starts with Your Death In an obscure corner of the city, a single bullet takes your life, but that’s not all it takes. When you awaken as a spirit, you...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

I don't think Ghost Trick has ever been available on Android.
If we're talking about iOS as well the game's still showing up and working for me:
apps.apple.com

‎GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective

‎Experience this much beloved, touching story for yourself. Try this brand-new kind of "Interactive Mystery" for free right now! ◆ This Story Starts with Your Death In an obscure corner of the city, a single bullet takes your life, but that’s not all it takes. When you awaken as a spirit, you...
The iOS version stopped working a few years back, and I feared it was about to join the list of dead games, but Capcom have been pretty good about keeping it up to date.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Ghost Trick has ever been available on Android.

The iOS version stopped working a few years back, and I feared it was about to join the list of dead games, but Capcom have been pretty good about keeping it up to date.
Ah yeah you're right, it's only DS and iOS... Bummer.

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
Saw the dev say on Twitter that saves are local.

Thanks.

This may seem like a stupid question, but I have never found a clear answer online:

If I get a new iPad in a couple of years, and restore from my iCloud backup of this one without deleting any games etc... will the save games carry over?

I seem to recall they didn't in the early days of iOS unless you used your PC / iTunes (not an option these days) but things have moved on and now I am seeing some comments suggesting they do as the App Data carrys over if you restore from the iCloud backup of the iPad.

It's why I like iCloud saves, progression carry's over like it does on Steam or Xbox no matter the device. Stuff like FTL and Door Kickers that have long unlock progression but no cloud saves are the type I am thinking of.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Thanks.

This may seem like a stupid question, but I have never found a clear answer online:

If I get a new iPad in a couple of years, and restore from my iCloud backup of this one without deleting any games etc... will the save games carry over?

I seem to recall they didn't in the early days of iOS unless you used your PC / iTunes (not an option these days) but things have moved on and now I am seeing some comments suggesting they do as the App Data carrys over if you restore from the iCloud backup of the iPad.

It's why I like iCloud saves, progression carry's over like it does on Steam or Xbox no matter the device. Stuff like FTL and Door Kickers that have long unlock progression but no cloud saves are the type I am thinking of.
The saved data should be restored from iCloud. The only things that aren't part of the iCloud backup are the apps themselves.

I've seen exceptions though. Someone recently posted that they restored a backup and Google Authenticator had lost its data. I don't know if that's an intentional security measure from Google, or that Google are shit and aren't conforming to iOS standards.

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
The saved data should be restored from iCloud. The only things that aren't part of the iCloud backup are the apps themselves.

I've seen exceptions though. Someone recently posted that they restored a backup and Google Authenticator had lost its data. I don't know if that's an intentional security measure from Google, or that Google are shit and aren't conforming to iOS standards.

Great, thanks.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
This week Cobra Mobile (iBomber, Red Kingdom) returns with "Towers of Everland" as this week's Apple Arcade Title. Also updates for Hot Lava (new area), Sonic Racing (new team-based mode and a new track) and Outlanders (Sandbox mode).

Quite liked what I played from Outlanders so curious to see a more fleshed out mode.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
This week Cobra Mobile (iBomber, Red Kingdom) returns with "Towers of Everland" as this week's Apple Arcade Title. Also updates for Hot Lava (new area), Sonic Racing (new team-based mode and a new track) and Outlanders (Sandbox mode).

Quite liked what I played from Outlanders so curious to see a more fleshed out mode.

All I want from Sonic Racing is a career mode and they keep with multiplayer only. Ughh.

Guess I'll stick with the sadly much better KartRider Rush+ that has a full campaign and haven't felt the need to spend a dime.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Towers of Everland is quite good so far in a Legend of Grimlock kind of way. Graphically taxing so don't forget to scale back some options to get a more fluid experience on older devices.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying Tower of Everland as well. Love that it can be played in both portrait and landscape!

Status
Not open for further replies.