• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Huh? Dead Cells uninteresting and bland? Never heard anyone say that before. Was on many GOTY lists.

Fantastic game and works surprisingly well on mobile.

didnt find it appealing at all... all you do is run from tiny room to tiny room slashing enemies and getting a currency to upgrade. Thats it. No story, no special events, no arch nemesis, no friends or NPC... Hollow Knight for example has everything, far superior thing

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
didnt find it appealing at all... all you do is run from tiny room to tiny room slashing enemies and getting a currency to upgrade. Thats it. No story, no special events, no arch nemesis, no friends or NPC... Hollow Knight for example has everything, far superior thing
Eh, to each their own. I absolutely love Dead Cells. Combat is amazing, so many different enemy types, weapon combinations, etc. Bought it twice on different platforms!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Scrappers by Q-Games (Pixeljunk, Frogger in Toy Town) is today's Apple Arcade title. It's a 4 player title in which you gather trash to maximise your profit. Will be live a bit later. Here's a video of the prototype:

We'll also see updates for Secret Ooops (15 new levels), Lego Brawls (New level, weekly unlocks) and Stranded Sails (fast travel)

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Scrappers by Q-Games (Pixeljunk, Frogger in Toy Town) is today's Apple Arcade title. It's a 4 player title in which you gather trash to maximise your profit. Will be live a bit later. Here's a video of the prototype:

We'll also see updates for Secret Ooops (15 new levels), Lego Brawls (New level, weekly unlocks) and Stranded Sails (fast travel)

That game looks really weak. Thank goodness A Fold Apart is next week.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
That game looks really weak. Thank goodness A Fold Apart is next week.

Must be noted that the video is taken from a prototype done in a really short amount of time and will not reflect the final game's mechanics.

Edit: The game's now out and you can play with others online.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Must be noted that the video is taken from a prototype done in a really short amount of time and will not reflect the final game's mechanics.

Edit: The game's now out and you can play with others online.
Played and it's better than I thought it would be. Do wish it had the option for AI teammates.

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
Hi!

I'm Liam and I co-directed and designed, Scrappers! Yeah we're actually pretty annoyed, as that video is almost 3 years old and is of a week long prototype. It's absolutely not representative of the final game that released today :)

For a better representation of what it is now, have a look here:

https://twitter.com/liambme/status/1248605509625581570?s=21

Thank you for giving it a shot! I hope you have fun :)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Hi!

I'm Liam and I co-directed and designed, Scrappers! Yeah we're actually pretty annoyed, as that video is almost 3 years old and is of a week long prototype. It's absolutely not representative of the final game that released today :)

Fun game. Any chance of adding AI teammates for those of us playing solo?

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
Fun game. Any chance of adding AI teammates for those of us playing solo?

It's something we discussed for a while, due to the realities of our development and schedule we were unable to. Which is why we added the Overclock feature, to make you a 4-Robot Army in 1 lol. But, it's certainly something we can look to in the future!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Hi!

Congrats on launching the game :) It's quite fun and there are a lot of different tactics possible with the 4 player coop mode.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I need to add some more mobile games to my life. I'm still only playing Honkai. Well actually no, I finally did the work necessary to get Punishing Raven Gray. Man it really makes Honkai not as fun to play anymore. The combat is so much better and active compared to Honkai. And jfc does it run better. They really should consider bringing it to the US

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I need to add some more mobile games to my life. I'm still only playing Honkai. Well actually no, I finally did the work necessary to get Punishing Raven Gray. Man it really makes Honkai not as fun to play anymore. The combat is so much better and active compared to Honkai. And jfc does it run better. They really should consider bringing it to the US
If you're after a game with quick and action-heavy combat then check out:

-Implosion
-Smashing the Battle
-Grimvalor

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Gameloft just put 30 of their classic games onto one app and made it completely free on the Google Play Store

List of games:

Puzzlers

• Bubble Bash 2
  • Brain Challenge 3
  • Diamond Rush
  • Detective Ridley and the Mysterious Enigma
  • Abracadaball
Run & gun

• Gangstar 2
  • Zombie Infection
  • Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
  • NOVA, Wild West Guns
  • Zombiewood
  • Alien Quarantine
Social sims

• My Life in New York
  • Vampire Romance
  • Miami Nights 2
  • Fashion Icon
  • Date or Ditch 2
  • High School Hooks Ups
Arcade actioners

• Soul of Darkness
  • Hero of Sparta
  • Cannon Rats
  • Block Breaker Deluxe 2
  • Block Breaker Deluxe 3
Sports and card games

• Motocross Trial Extreme
  • Platinum Solitaire 3
  • Texas Hold'em Poker
  • Midnight Bowling 3
  • Midnight Bowling 4
  • Avalanche Snowboarding
  • KO Fighters 2D
Here's to hoping it hits iOS soon.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The Steam Link app has been updated to support mouse and keyboards but it's "direct mouse control only", no "FPS Style input yet".
apps.apple.com

‎Steam Link

‎The Steam Link app allows you to play your Steam games across all your computers. Just pair an MFI or Steam controller to your Mac, connect to a computer running Steam on the same local network, and start playing your existing Steam games. Requirements: * Apple Mac running macOS 10.13 or...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
And so is Beyond Blue!

apps.apple.com

‎Beyond Blue

‎Beyond Blue takes you into the near future, where you’ll have the opportunity to explore the mysteries of our ocean through the eyes of Mirai, a deep sea explorer and scientist. You and your newly-formed research team will use groundbreaking technologies to see, hear, and interact with the...

Great day for releases!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
And so is Beyond Blue!

apps.apple.com

‎Beyond Blue

‎Beyond Blue takes you into the near future, where you’ll have the opportunity to explore the mysteries of our ocean through the eyes of Mirai, a deep sea explorer and scientist. You and your newly-formed research team will use groundbreaking technologies to see, hear, and interact with the...

Great day for releases!

Wow! It's been a while since we had multiple games in a week. Hopefully that means that Apple is getting more confident about its output and we'll see more going forward.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! It's been a while since we had multiple games in a week. Hopefully that means that Apple is getting more confident about its output and we'll see more going forward.
On the other hand, both of these are releasing on other platforms so could just be a timing thing. Not sure if Apple has complete say or not for games coming to console / PC as well.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the full list of updates for this week:
  • Dear Reader - Players can now access a new Dark Mode for easy reading at night as well as 12 new books, including Walden by Henry David Thoreau, Aesop's Fables, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court by Mark Twain. The update also includes new holiday shelves. During holidays and timely events, players will see thematic shelves in the bookstore to help find just the right book for the current moment.
  • Super Mega Mini Party - With this update, players can experience multiplayer in a completely new way. Explore a new overworld and interact and challenge one another in a variety of new game modes. Whether joining a casual four-player party or competing in a head to head versus match, gamers have more opportunity to connect with other online players worldwide in real time.
  • Frogger in Toy Town - Need a little help? A new two player co-op mode can now be played using the Nearby function on Game Center allowing one player to help another player with clearing the game. Work together to progress through more difficult levels.
  • HyperBrawl Tournament - Unlock a brand-new hero, Rune, the Norse-mythology inspired warrior queen and her unique Arena, The Ruins Of Skulheim. Battle to a new arena soundtrack created by Grammy Award-winning music producer Steve Levine.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Know I mentioned it here before but Persephone should not be ignored if you are a fan of puzzlers. Really ingenious varied gameplay. Got a big update again this week. A lot of content for the price.

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Any notable games that make use of the iPad's physical keyboard? Something like Typing of the Dead would be great but even just any game that has the option to use the keyboard for movement and actions.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond Blue doesn't seem too finished, at least on my iPad Pro 2018. Missing/bugged sounds and lack of ambient noise means that it feels weird and empty. That and the icons not going away with a controller. Will wait for updates.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond Blue doesn't seem too finished, at least on my iPad Pro 2018. Missing/bugged sounds and lack of ambient noise means that it feels weird and empty. That and the icons not going away with a controller. Will wait for updates.

Already an update that fixes ambient sound. Not sure about the controller icons.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Invisigun Reloaded is out (iOS) and you shouldn't miss it! It's incredibly generous (free with characters as iAP) and features some amazing local/online gameplay where everyone is invisible, including you. The game supports controllers and is cross-platform:
apps.apple.com

‎Invisigun Reloaded

‎The ultimate stealth battle adventure where everyone’s invisible. Risk versus reward guides your journey through the full-length single player campaign and local/online multiplayer. Vigilance is key as environmental tells such as footprints and other disturbances will point out careless...

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Invisigun Reloaded is out (iOS) and you shouldn't miss it! It's incredibly generous (free with characters as iAP) and features some amazing local/online gameplay where everyone is invisible, including you. The game supports controllers and is cross-platform:
apps.apple.com

‎Invisigun Reloaded

‎The ultimate stealth battle adventure where everyone’s invisible. Risk versus reward guides your journey through the full-length single player campaign and local/online multiplayer. Vigilance is key as environmental tells such as footprints and other disturbances will point out careless...
Yeah, mentioned this when it briefly came out a week or so ago. Been playing it with the free characters since they had to pull it to fix IAPs. But great game.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
apps.apple.com

‎Invisigun Reloaded

I haven't played the iOS port but this game is good on PC/Switch. Like, eSports good. It is easy to learn but almost impossible to master. It's this generation's Bomberman.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Fair warning. There's a bug that isn't saving progress on the campaigns for Invisigun. Had hoped the new build would fix it but it didn't.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I've been having a lot of fun with Sentinels of the Multiverse

play.google.com

Sentinels of the Multiverse - Apps on Google Play

Play a comic book come to life in this exciting adaptation of the hit card game!

It's based on a real card game except that the video game version does all the irksome bookkeeping for you, leaving you to strategize and think your way through it. So many possible scenarios and ways to play. The premise is that its a cooperative card game where players are superheroes versus a villain deck that does what the next card in the deck says.

It costs money upfront and you can buy expansions but in my opinion it is a great value. I am looking for other great games that cost money but are good and don't have annoying microtransactions or free to play economies. I hate that about mobile gaming.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having a lot of fun with Sentinels of the Multiverse

play.google.com

Sentinels of the Multiverse - Apps on Google Play

Play a comic book come to life in this exciting adaptation of the hit card game!

It's based on a real card game except that the video game version does all the irksome bookkeeping for you, leaving you to strategize and think your way through it. So many possible scenarios and ways to play. The premise is that its a cooperative card game where players are superheroes versus a villain deck that does what the next card in the deck says.

It costs money upfront and you can buy expansions but in my opinion it is a great value. I am looking for other great games that cost money but are good and don't have annoying microtransactions or free to play economies. I hate that about mobile gaming.
Card City Nights 2 is a deck-builder/card battler with a premium upfront cost.

Meteorfall: Journeys is a deck-builder roguelike with tons of content for a premium price.

If you're a fan of the DC superhero universe, give Teen Titans GO Figure a try. It's a mostly premium Figurine battler with an addicting collection aspect to it. IAPs are purely for buying currency to buy figurines outright if you're not feeling like battling for them but the game can easily be 100% without these IAPs.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool. Only I wonder about the pricing of those. Usually large profile mobile ports are way too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.