• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking for a good tower defense game if anyone got any recommendations.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Completed Stela.
It's nice but the weakest of the Apple Arcade games I played.
Too bad because some levels are truly inspired.
Technically it's gorgeous BUT the main character, controls are ok-ish...but some expecially the rotating wheels are really frustrating.
The main problem for me is...there is no plot. It's just a sequence of settings totally unrelated from each other's....you start in a Inside world (first two levels are a homage or a blatant copy, you decide) which seems on earth...then...it changes (and these are the best levels, with some rare clever puzzles...
even if never too difficult). And then....it ends.
With a stronger focus on plot and cohesion could have been a much better game...like Another World or Inside.
It's neither.
Some levels are really cool to look at.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
PkiF1Df.jpg
What am I supposed to do against this 5 guy? I think I missed the tip at the start, but I can never select him even if I have cut up five guys beforehand...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
As previously stated, GameClub, the subscription service for old iOS games, has been soft launched in some countries including Netherlands. The official launch date is now set for October 24th for the rest of the world and the service will be $4.99.

You will get each game for free if you bought it at any time before (that's really neat for such old games). Seems like the ad-supported version is no longer on the cards, at least in this announcement. Games will still be released weekly (twice a week).

VDfMaxB.png

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
This is very good. Also, this is the first time I read of this.

I own like 20 games of the list so that is indeed great. Here's the full list if anyone's interested:

List:
Cubed Rally World
The Path to Luma
MiniSquadron
The Sleeping Prince
Plunderland
Melodive
Hook Champ
Sword of Fargoal
Space Miner
Fox vs Duck
Chopper 2
Cubed Rally Racer
Super QuickHook
Space Miner Blast
Gears
Grimm
Hook Worlds
Pocket RPG
Wooords
Forget-Me-Not
iBlast Moki 2
Mage Gauntlet
Super Crate Box
Incoboto
King Cashing 2
Infinite Surf
Hackycat
Cursed Treasure 2
Wave Wave
Baby Lava Bounce
Glorkian Warrior
Faif
Adventure Company
Deathbat
KANO
Zombie Match
Rocket Ski Racing
SpinnYwingS
GameClub
Schplot's Nanobots
Run Roo Run
Vectrex
Chippy
Roofbot
Rope Rescue
Legendary Wars
Mr. Particle-Man
ORC: Vengeance
Warpack Grunts
Any Landing
Pix'n Love Rush

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I own every game I'd want from GameClub right now so even less reason to join now. Wouldn't have anyway with Apple Arcade and new games my primary focus.

But surprised they are allowing previous purchases to get those games free. Really seems to eat into the reason many would subscribe to be able to play their old favorites.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Huge day for mobile.

Gwent Closed Beta drops & League of Legends announcement tonight.

iPhone 11 Pro Max feels so good rn.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What is the LoL thing? Are they announcing/releasing a mobile version??

Yes, seems like announcement tonight, pre-reg tomorrow.

Plays like a quicker LoL, no more Vainglory/Mobile Legends/Arena of Valor baby game. 4 abilities, last hitting. ~40 heroes at launch.

Leaked footage:

Sounds like we'll also be getting news of the League CCG, which is probably mobile-bound as well. Hopefully it's something more than just another Hearthstone.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Jeeeeeez... Is it just me or is Ticket to Earth really fucking difficult? I have hit a wall kinda early on (right after I bought my first power)... I have a main and a side mission available and I get destroyed and overwhelmed in both... I tried lowering the difficulty but that didn't change much.

There's a huge difficulty spike at the beginning of the game, but you're golden once you get over it.

Some tips:
- Don't always try to attack every turn. You may have to bide your time and position yourself to hit enemies just right.
- It's a mistake to always try and gather as many tiles as possible every turn. Sometimes leaving a wall of tiles between you and enemies is just what you need to keep them from reaching you.
- If all else fails, play levels with the goal of gathering Justice Tokens so you can use an ult in a hard level.
- If you're trying to do any of the sub-objectives, drop them and just focus on survival. Some of the sub-objectives seem specifically designed for you to revisit later once you have many more powers and options at your disposal.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
There's a huge difficulty spike at the beginning of the game, but you're golden once you get over it.

Some tips:
- Don't always try to attack every turn. You may have to bide your time and position yourself to hit enemies just right.
- It's a mistake to always try and gather as many tiles as possible every turn. Sometimes leaving a wall of tiles between you and enemies is just what you need to keep them from reaching you.
- If all else fails, play levels with the goal of gathering Justice Tokens so you can use an ult in a hard level.
- If you're trying to do any of the sub-objectives, drop them and just focus on survival. Some of the sub-objectives seem specifically designed for you to revisit later once you have many more powers and options at your disposal.
Cool, thanks for the tips! I will try to push through

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, seems like announcement tonight, pre-reg tomorrow.

Plays like a quicker LoL, no more Vainglory/Mobile Legends/Arena of Valor baby game. 4 abilities, last hitting. ~40 heroes at launch.

Leaked footage:

Sounds like we'll also be getting news of the League CCG, which is probably mobile-bound as well. Hopefully it's something more than just another Hearthstone.

Wow that looks cool, finally I can play some League. Is there a thread about the announcement? I can't even find a LoL OT on ERA..

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Getting a little worried about Rayman Fiesta Run on my iPad Pro.

It's been months now and it still doesn't launch. Not sure if it's the new software or if it's ever been compatible with iPad Pro devices, but it's a shame I still can't play it.

I know there's a new Rayman Runner on Arcade, but I'd still like to play Fiesta Run since I did pay for it.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Getting a little worried about Rayman Fiesta Run on my iPad Pro.

It's been months now and it still doesn't launch. Not sure if it's the new software or if it's ever been compatible with iPad Pro devices, but it's a shame I still can't play it.

I know there's a new Rayman Runner on Arcade, but I'd still like to play Fiesta Run since I did pay for it.

After our last message here I sent a message to Ubisoft's mobile team and they're aware of it. Whether or not it's going to be fixed remains to be seen though.

This is a new bug related to iOS 13.

EDIT: For anyone who tried Inmost and got stuck at the first screen, this has been fixed on the latest patch.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
After our last message here I sent a message to Ubisoft's mobile team and they're aware of it. Whether or not it's going to be fixed remains to be seen though.

This is a new bug related to iOS 13.
Well at least they're aware of it.

I can't recall Ubisoft abandoning any of their movie games (yet), so hopefully it'll get a patch when they're able to get around to it.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I really hope that's a sign that most Arcade developers can shrink their games more and they're just bloated in a rush to get on the service as I find the size of some of these games ridiculous.

A lot of Arcade games came in pretty hot, so were missing content, features, or optimizations that didn't quite make it. We have our first update in submission, with the next one after that in a few weeks. I'm guessing a lot of the other games will see similar rapid updates and improvements.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of Arcade games came in pretty hot, so were missing content, features, or optimizations that didn't quite make it. We have our first update in submission, with the next one after that in a few weeks. I'm guessing a lot of the other games will see similar rapid updates and improvements.

Glad to hear that's the case! Thanks Mario.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Replayed the whole Inmost experience, this time hearing ALL the stories.

It's probably the pinnacle of modern pixel art games, topping Sword&Sworcery.
The music is also AAA.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

This is really good. While it's unique, it gives me a Grindstone meets Plants vs Zombies vibe. And once you get past the tutorial, it gets challenging fast. Great enemy variety, tough bosses and strategy required to avoid getting wiped out quick.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The creators of HEROKI (Picomy) are back with a new game for Apple Arcade and it's a weird mix between an Action/Pocket-Monster/Music-based game. It's coming soon to Apple Arcade:

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else addicted to Cookie Clicker all over again, thanks to the Android version? I knew I should have just stayed away but...nope.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
That seems to confirm what I though, Apple looks to release four new games each week at least until later this year to go up to 100+ games. That's quite the pace! Also nice to see smaller sized games like Pac Man.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Pac-Man is fun, expecially with friends.

Mainfold is like the 3D no gravity version of The Witness....it's like I'm inside a Rubik cube.
I've managed to crack various rooms but the first structure is immense!!!

EDIT: ok I managed to exit the first structure and then...whoa.....this thing is BIG.
No clue what to do now...this could be too much for my brain.
Do we know if there is a story/an objective?

Last edited: