• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I was in for $9.99. For $4.99 it's a no brainer.

They've announced ~30 games so far, so a ton more for annnoucment.

Would love to see Hero Emblems 2 show up.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I'm probably in for the trial and one additional month. I am curious how many games they add each month to ensure you keep subscribed.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'll certainly try out Arcade, but I'm not sure I'll stay subscribed. There's just too many subs these days, both money wise and time wise. Even at only $5 this will probably fall into the pattern of subscribing for a month, watching/playing what I want, canceling, and then repeat 6-12 months later. That generally works for me, but we'll see.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Thanks guys for the emu talk, got me to find one that works on iOS13 and has customizable controls as well as pad support. Now i can play those that i never played like Yoshis Island, Seiken Dentsetsu 3, Links Awakening in color, Super Metroid and some N64 or PSP even. Wow

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks guys for the emu talk, got me to find one that works on iOS13 and has customizable controls as well as pad support. Now i can play those that i never played like Yoshis Island, Seiken Dentsetsu 3, Links Awakening in color, Super Metroid and some N64 or PSP even. Wow

curious, which one are you using?

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
If you haven't jailbroken your device, don't hang onto it. Afaik every single emulator which works with those device profiles is a hassle to use. Profiles get revoked so you need to redownload emulators regularly from questionable sources. Unless you pay, of course. All emulators I tried were riddled with ads as well.

However, I'm gladly corrected if you found a genuine one indeeed.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
If you haven't jailbroken your device, don't hang onto it. Afaik every single emulator which works with those device profiles is a hassle to use. Profiles get revoked so you need to redownload emulators regularly from questionable sources. Unless you pay, of course. All emulators I tried were riddled with ads as well.

However, I'm gladly corrected if you found a genuine one indeeed.

it only shows an ad at the beginning when you first start the app but since i mostly play on the underground going to work or back i never see them. Emu is working great so far

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If the 9to5 version of Arcade is what we'll get, I'll give it at least another year before I try it. Considering what I payed for Game Pass, I don't see myself spending 5€/month for this.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
If the 9to5 version of Arcade is what we'll get, I'll give it at least another year before I try it. Considering what I payed for Game Pass, I don't see myself spending 5€/month for this.

It won't be cheaper than 5€ a month if that's what you're asking. I understand where you're coming from though but this is also a sizable catalog (100+ titles at launch with more each month) and a free trial. Hard to get more bang for your buck if you like the developers featured for premium apps. Also the risk is that a year later some games are no longer on the service a la gamepass or Netflix.

But if you don't like what's been shown so far an haven't got a huge interest in mobile games, I perfectly understand.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah, I'm fine with 5€ a month, as my kids can use it, too. I'm just worried, that the content isn't worth it.

Well, I'll wait and see :)

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm fine with 5€ a month, as my kids can use it, too. I'm just worried, that the content isn't worth it.

Well, I'll wait and see :)

Well with what's been shown so far, I'd pay 4x the subscription for a new Simogo game alone and we're getting that with Arcade (Sayonara Wild Hearts). So for me the other 99+ games are just bonuses :) (and they come from RAC7, Yak & Co, Snowman, Bossa, Thechineseroom, Devolver...).

I'm so stocked and I think it shows :D.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The economics and process for the port has made it cheap enough for us to "throw in" an order for mobile versions made. That game wouldn't translate to Free to Play well, so "Shatter mobile" would either be premium or something we'd bring to Apple Arcade.

I wouldn't expect anything else! I know premium is hard but either through Apple Arcade (and subsequently premium I imagine after a period of time) or directly premium I'd buy it. Would be my third time ;) I'm sure Apple would be interested!

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Something else:

After playing Slay the Spire on my Xbox with Game Pass... I want that on my phone/tablet. It's the perfect fit for a touch device. Did the developers ever say something regarding a mobile port?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Something else:

After playing Slay the Spire on my Xbox with Game Pass... I want that on my phone/tablet. It's the perfect fit for a touch device. Did the developers ever say something regarding a mobile port?

They said yes from the very beginning and at some point it was supposed to be out before the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised to see it as an Apple Arcade exclusive ;)

Still on track for this year:

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I like the little avatar Animoji flourish they've added to the GC login notification in iOS 13.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Apple Arcade is new games only so anything that's been out on other platforms already wouldn't be on the service.

Well technically, Hot Lava, for example, has been available elsewhere for a little while.

Plus that's only the games that they've announced so far and they will have to get older games to get to 100+ (as in older for mobile, not PC or consoles). That's not the ones they choose to lead their announcement of the service though, which makes sense.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Well technically, Hot Lava, for example, has been available elsewhere for a little while.

Plus that's only the games that they've announced so far and they will have to get older games to get to 100+ (as in older for mobile, not PC or consoles). That's not the ones they choose to lead their announcement of the service though, which makes sense.

The fact that Hot Lava is part of Apple Arcade is what has convinced me that "exclusivity" for Apple Arcade means "not available except through subscription."

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Out There: Oceans of Time:

The fact that Hot Lava is part of Apple Arcade is what has convinced me that "exclusivity" for Apple Arcade means "not available except through subscription."

Well for me it means "Not available on Android". I understand your point though and of course they won't be available on the AppStore at all for quite a while (I'm still convinced that there's a timer on that).

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Out There: Oceans of Time:

Well for me it means "Not available on Android". I understand your point though and of course they won't be available on the AppStore at all for quite a while (I'm still convinced that there's a timer on that).

Looks dope. Never really got into Out There, but I may swing back around on it in anticipation of this new game.

And I hope you're right about Apple Arcade.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
$4.99 is usually the price of a single quality mobile indie. Considering how often I buy games, that is such a ridiculously good bargain price for Apple Arcade. Really excited for the service now