• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Apple Arcade replaced Updates so i wonder where are them appearing now..
They are within the profile menu if you tap on your portrait on any app store page (except search). Right where purchases are located as well.

A long press on the App Store icon lets you directly jump to them as well.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
One thing i dont like at all is that the name under the apps shortened like 2 letters and now a lot of games are like Wonder Bla... or HeroEmble... or TentaclesE..

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
The Rise and Fall expansion pack is now available as an in app purchase in Sid Meier's Civilization VI for around $30:

The game is also on sale at its lowest price yet: $9.99 for the main game
I'm guessing there's plenty of content in the standard game if I just want to try it out? £9.99 seems reasonable. Haven't played a Civ game since I rented the SNES game from Blockbuster!

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You can always play the 60 rounds first. That should give you a general idea about the game.

£9.99 is an absolute steal though, my favorite game on my iPad. And you can always get the expansion later on when it is on sale for example.
I bought it both on PC and my iPad, no regrets.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know a game that's great to play when you only have up to 20 minutes of free time? I would really like a game with RPG elements and maybe farming/building like in harvest moon/terraria. Something similar to Grim Soul would be great ( that game became VERY repetitive pretty early). Doesn't matter if it's online or offline. I don't want those PvP games like Crash Royale or Brawl Stars.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know a game that's great to play when you only have up to 20 minutes of free time? I would really like a game with RPG elements and maybe farming/building like in harvest moon/terraria. Something similar to Grim Soul would be great ( that game became VERY repetitive pretty early). Doesn't matter if it's online or offline. I don't want those PvP games like Crash Royale or Brawl Stars.

Terraria is going to be updated soon on mobile so there's always that but you should also checkout Graveyard Keeper, Don't Starve and the standalone expansions or Stardew Valley.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terraria is going to be updated soon on mobile so there's always that but you should also checkout Graveyard Keeper, Don't Starve and the standalone expansions or Stardew Valley.

Problem is already played those games :| I played Terraria on PC and Vita. I played it for couple of minutes on my friends phone and it was a pain. Thanks for suggestions tho.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
-Kingdom New Lands has those and is great for those 10-20 minutes time frames
-Portal Knights has some resource mining and collecting elements
-Sproggiwood doesn't have much resource management but it's a pretty good dungeon crawler with nice RPG elements

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. Any idea how to get Minecraft of my phone to connect to a switch? Both WiFi and on the same lan? I don't have access to ports and stuff (on vacation)

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Hyper Light Drifter by Abylight S.L.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hyper-light-drifter/id1453875289

$4.99. Apparently not full screen on iPhone X. :(

I can confirm it's not full screen during gameplay (it's similar to Dragon's Trap), it is in menus...probably due to the original pixel art ratio.
I played just 30 mins and seems to play very well on iPhone X anyway.
No iCloud sync (confirmed by the dev sadly).
Very mysterious game, can't wait to dig more into it....I get 'What if Bastion and Sword&Sworcery had a baby' vibes.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I saw someone playing a game in public transportation but have no idea what it is. Seems like a portrait one handed game where the levels scroll vertically. You play using a single round blue button that also seem to act like a stick where you can indicate a shooting direction. Characters seems to be stickmen but I'm not sure of this one... Does it reminds something to anyone?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I saw someone playing a game in public transportation but have no idea what it is. Seems like a portrait one handed game where the levels scroll vertically. You play using a single round blue button that also seem to act like a stick where you can indicate a shooting direction. Characters seems to be stickmen but I'm not sure of this one... Does it reminds something to anyone?
I'm not sure it's the game that you're trying to find, but your description reminds me to Go Home Dizzy.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Almost 2 hours into Hyper Light Drifter and I'm really liking what I'm playing.
I've still no clue about almost anything....but I'm getting the general setting and I'm starting to solve puzzle and the like.
Fights are really tight.
Sometimes it feels like a sci-fi Zelda.
Works really well on iPhone X, with negligible battery usage.

Despite being there from day one, I'm still amazed by the games we are getting on our phones these days.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Archero?

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
How do sales work on the App Store? With PSN I check my wishlist every sale and there's always something on offer. Seems like the stuff rotates through and everything goes on sale at least once a year

When I got my iPad 6 months ago I added a bunch of stuff to my wishlist but most of it still hasn't budged. For example, Monument Valley 1 hasn't had a sale since December 2016. Its £3.99 and I picked up the sequel for £2.99 a few weeks back

I'm guessing sale prices are only triggered by the devs and when they stop supporting a game, you generally don't see any more sales? If a game hasn't been on sale in 1-2 years I may as well just buy it now as it probably won't go on sale again?

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Got a pop socket case because I thought it would make landscape games easier one-handed (I only play stardew and fft). It actually makes one-handing harder, but two-handing easier, which to me is just as good. So if you play a lot of landscape but non-action games (basically tap, watch, repeat), I think pop socket is pretty useful.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Fuxx is back! (The card game.) It's even updated for the X. The game is LOW on strategy, but I always enjoyed it when I didn't want to think:)

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
How do sales work on the App Store? With PSN I check my wishlist every sale and there's always something on offer. Seems like the stuff rotates through and everything goes on sale at least once a year

When I got my iPad 6 months ago I added a bunch of stuff to my wishlist but most of it still hasn't budged. For example, Monument Valley 1 hasn't had a sale since December 2016. Its £3.99 and I picked up the sequel for £2.99 a few weeks back

I'm guessing sale prices are only triggered by the devs and when they stop supporting a game, you generally don't see any more sales? If a game hasn't been on sale in 1-2 years I may as well just buy it now as it probably won't go on sale again?

Sales are ultimately driven by the developer seeing as Apple can't force a price change. So decisions around when and how much to discount are going to come down to individual company decisions based on whatever their situation is.

Historically, sales of premium game sales were useful to drive virality and short term ranking improvements. However, with increased competition from free games in terms of dominating the grossing charts, having much bigger audiences, and ultimately having the lions share of App Store real estate, the benefits from putting a premium game on sale are low or even non existent. Most companies are just better off leaving the price static.

The exception is participating in an Apple category sale which is featured on the Store. Featuring makes a huge difference to the visibility of a game and resultant downloads, especially for premium games. So it is worthwhile if approached by Apple to participate in that sort of opportunity. They don't seem to do those often though, and even when they do you are talking about only a small number of games in the scheme of things being discounted.

Keep an eye out on bigger holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Those periods are when both individual companies are more likely to discount stuff and when Apple is most likely to feature discounts due to higher volume App Store audience at those times.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I assume you mean Fluxx? Never played it but might give it a shot!
Shoot. Yeah, I meant Fluxx:) I picked up the game during Playdek's heyday, but it's simple fun. Keep in mind Fluxx is in the same genre as something like Uno. Just with rotating rules (like how many cards you hold or can play each turn).

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Just completed Hyper Light Drifter....great game with super tight fights that I really enjoyed, including the TON of different bosses.
Rarely (probably since Galactic Keep) I felt in a so distant and alien world.
Great music and sounds.
I still have absolutely no clue about the plot tough.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Oh my god... GameClub is going to bring Super Crate Box to the table... now if they could do Monsters Ate My Condo... or Worm Run... i would subscribe

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Man these Daigo games are pretty damn good. Fishing Paradiso is the only one with actual length taking a couple of days compared to the hour of so the other ones are, but its worth it. Besides being a sequel of sorts to another game its like a crossover to everything else, and the character stories are pretty sweet.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I always liked Muffin Knight better than Super Crate Box even through it's a clone. Still available to download but wish it would get updated for iPhone X.

In any case, still no interest in subscribing to GameClub.

Last edited: