• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is at fault?

• The patron

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • Joe Schilling

Votes: 822 85.4%
  • The waiter

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • The person filming

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • The dancing drunk girl

Votes: 46 4.8%

• Total voters

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a "Talk shit, get hit" kind of situation, but we can't really hear what the drunk dude is saying.

But yeah that's not a life threatening situation for Schilling at all

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man was just talking trash and got knocked the fuck out, potentially killed. Wasn't life threatening at all.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, dude looks real traumatized as he casually walked away from that "life-threatening experience"

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
You own a bar, fool. Drunk idiots come with the territory. Not an excuse to lay hands on someone cause they told you off or some shit.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
The dude was just having a good time and got bumped…..you own a god damn bar you moron….can't just start swinging for him saying hey man!

thats assault

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Also, holy shit at claiming a "life-threatening experience" when that video exists

tenor.gif

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Patron moves out of the way of server. Accidentally bumps into shilling who is walking forward like a tank with no brain and no ability to stop, shilling then pushes him out of the way, patron says something, shilling assaults him.

Every part was shillings fault. Including the initial bump.

Oct 25, 2017
Patron moves out of the way of server. Accidentally bumps into shilling who is walking forward like a tank with no brain and no ability to stop, shilling then pushes him out of the way, patron says something, shilling assaults him.

Every part was shillings fault. Including the initial bump.
As well as letting this individual get 'extremely intoxicated' at his bar.

Oct 27, 2017
Not excusing this kind of assault but Schilling also looked like he was in no fucking mood before he turned around. Dude claiming self defense is hilarious.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it doesn't look like self defense and is a matter of a drunk dude talking shit (which they tend to do smh). And got decked. The fighter is definitely getting sued.

life threatening lol.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Title is accurate. Schilling just straight up knocked out the patron for no reason.

1) That is assault. In no world is that self defense.
2) Hope the patron sues and gets a nice chunk of cash.

I'm thinking more "MMA star Joe Schilling violently assaults a patron" and the poll is completely unnecessary

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think we might be witnessing roid rage.

Imma need the two who voted for the drunk dancing girl at fault to stop havin a giggle.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
joe schilling is notorious for being a piece of shit. dude's chin is glass now so he's gotta get his thrills by beatin up regular folk

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a "Talk shit, get hit" kind of situation, but we can't really hear what the drunk dude is saying.

Why is violence expected when the guy had his hands down ? words are words and the other guy looked like he wanted to do something before he even made contact with him.

this is not ok

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I bartended at a nightclub while I was in college and I came in expecting an aggressive drunk that was harrassing staff or other patrons or something but that was nothing.

Dude got KFTO over a few words, didn't even look aggressive, that's assault.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this should be assault with a deadly weapon or something.. the way these people are trained their fists are pretty much weapons and they should be punished more harshly than say someone that throws a punch without any sort of martial arts training..

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
Why was this being filmed in the first place? Was there already some sort of issue beforehand?

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Drunk dude flexes at him as if he's going to throw a punch... that's what triggers Schilling to piece him up. Not saying drunk dude is 100% in the wrong, but he definitely made a bad decision there.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell, straight up knocking the life out of him for just what I assume is "hey bro you bumped into me" kind of drunk talk.
What a sick piece of shit

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If you look at the drunk guys body language it looked like he began to puff his chest out and kinda lunge at him to psyche out the fighter right before he got punched. Does it excuse assault? Of course not. The fighter is still at fault. He's dealing with drunk people he should know better. But considering he "lunged" at Schilling it's fair to assume some shit talking was happening when he bumped into the patron.

Life threatening is the funniest excuse ever coming from a trained fighter twice the size of a guy who was DRUNK.

Oct 25, 2017
Drunk dude flexes at him as if he's going to throw a punch... that's what triggers Schilling to piece him up. Not saying drunk dude is 100% in the wrong, but he definitely made a bad decision there.
He clearly made a bad decision, that doesn't mean a trained fighter should be throwing a punch at a guy and potentially killing him. Its his bar, the guy is clearly intoxicated, tell him to leave.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What was he scared of? Dude doing his taxes?

He had a damn near a foot and 50 pounds if he had an ounce on him

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Cpme on he is the one that turn around and swung on him.

Watch closer. Schilling turns around and then drunk guy flexes/lunges at him as if he is going to swing on him. Like a fake-out. Him doing that is what triggers Schilling to hit him.

He clearly made a bad decision, that doesn't mean a trained fighter should be throwing a punch at a guy and potentially killing him. Its his bar, the guy is clearly intoxicated, tell him to leave.

Yeah, I'm on the fence on this one. If you are going to be in someone's face and move as if you are about to hit them then don't be surprised when you get hit. On the other hand, Schilling is a trained fighter and could have shown some restraint. And yet, as a trained fighter, its probably instinct to react when someone motions as if they are about to hit you.