• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
cMWzOeO.jpg

UFC 248 PPV Main Card On ESPN+(Sat., March 7th, 10 p.m. ET):
185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Yoel Romero vs. Israel Adesanya
115 lbs.: UFC Strawweight Champion Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
155 lbs.: Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
170 lbs.: Li Jingliang vs. Neil Magny
170 lbs.: Max Griffin vs. Alex Oliveira

UFC 248 Prelims Card On ESPN (8 p.m. ET):

135 lbs.: Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
155 lbs.: Austin Hubbard vs. Mark Madsen
185 lbs.: Saparbek Safarov vs. Rodolfo Vieira
185 lbs.: Gerald Meerschaert vs. Deron Winn

UFC 248 Prelims Card On ESPN+ (6 p.m. ET):

115 lbs.: Polyana Viana vs. Emily Whitmire
135 lbs.: Movsar Evloev vs. Giga Chikadze
135 lbs.: Danaa Batgerel vs. Guido Cannetti

hell yeah!

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait, it's going to be a good matchup. If izzy can handle the wrestle he'll answer a lot of questions again, if romero wins he'll finally get the belt. Hopefully it isn't a one sided mess.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
I'd love for Romero to win. He's one of my all time favourites and I'd love to see a five round steroid golem battle with Costa. But I don't see his low volume style working against Adesanya.

Nov 14, 2017
Be interesting to see if/how much Romero tries to grapple. It was a waste of energy against Whittaker but turtling up and letting Adesanya throw sounds pretty risky.

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
I like Romero but Izzy is like the second coming of Anderson Silva. Also hyped to see Zhang whoop dat ass.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I think Izzy and Romero are two of the best fighters currently in the UFC, so this is pretty much a super fight to me.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i vowed to hate yoel forever after his shady shenanigans in a few fights but i couldn't help but like him

Last edited:

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
Eh, he got hurt against against Gastelum IIRC. I want Romero to win, but I know Izzy is good, but Anderson truly seemed unbeatable for a long time.

I said "like" :p
He's got fantanstic ability to get his head just off centerline and counter - so Silva like.
Gastelum bloodied Izzy up and wobbled him in the first or second but I don't recall him having Izzy in reeal trouble.
Whoever wins, I just want to see Paulo Costa lose.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I said "like" :p
He's got fantanstic ability to get his head just off centerline and counter - so Silva like.
Gastelum bloodied Izzy up and wobbled him in the first or second but I don't recall him having Izzy in reeal trouble.
Whoever wins, I just want to see Paulo Costa lose.

Yeah, but wobbled and bloody was not Golden Era Silva lol.

Still, I want Romero to win the strap because I love the dude.

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, but wobbled and bloody was not Golden Era Silva lol.

Still, I want Romero to win the strap because I love the dude.

Sure but Anderson wasn't fighting as nearly complete fighters as this era has to offer. And Izzy still puts on a clinic.
I just wanna see another era of a skinny dude assassinating goliaths.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Yoel is just always entertaining.

We all know Yoel's wrestling would probably be too much for Adesanya but he's going to swang and bang and get out-pointed by a better striker.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I can only hope for a miracle, cmon yoel, bash in the face of that fucking cringebender (not gonna happen, i know).

Joanna is ready to be killed by zhang lol.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yoel winning would be the most interesting outcome to me, but I like Izzy and think he'll take it.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I have no clue how the fights going to go tomorrow. Either guy could easily be champ. I'm leaning Yoel though. Izzy is hittable and Yoel is explosive as fuck.
Crazy how unlikable Joanna has made herself .
Her problem is she's not backing up her talk with impressive performances. She has become a boring point fighter who doesn't commit to her punches.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017

I never liked her much, she has always been like this and I agree, she could get away with it when she was dominating her opponents.

Great card either way

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I was a big Joanna mark until she started talking about Rose's mental health before 217

I still like watching her fights and respect her ability but I never wanna see her as Champ again

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Awkward handshake. I guess Joanna realized she wont intimidate her so she might aswell stop trying lol. Time for the "fake nice" approach.

Banglish

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
Awkward handshake. I guess Joanna realized she wont intimidate her so she might aswell stop trying lol. Time for the "fake nice" approach.

You can see the disgust in Weili's face lol.
I thought Romero and Costa were scary then see Rudolfo, MW produces some mutants.
Izzy/Romero stare down was good, got me hyped.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
After that press conference, I am just even more sure Khabib is going to smash Tony.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it ends up being everything we want.

YaGaMi

Oct 29, 2017
I reckon Khabib is gonna smash Tony after that Press Conference. Making him angry and trying to get under his skin doesn't work.

Anyone know what Romero said at the weigh ins. He definitely won the staredown. Lol.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
yoel is still so ripped, damn.

i thought this card was mostly the main events but as the week went on and i looked closer at the fights, i'm interested in so many of them, basically everything on the main card and i'm interested in O'Malley's comeback fight as well. really stoked.