• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
That was a fun fight but Hooker is lucky he didn't get Poirier after he called him out. He's tough and works his range decently well, but his footwork and defence isn't good enough to hang with the elite in that division.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't catch the scrap, sounds controversial.

Kinda hope to see Felder give it all up and stay on the analyst/commentary desk.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017

UFC Fight Night 169 Main Card on ESPN+(Sat, Feb 29th, 8 p.m. ET):

125 lbs.: Joseph Benavidez vs. Deiveson Figueiredo for vacant flyweight title
145 lbs.: Zarah Fairn vs. Felicia Spencer
205 lbs.: Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
145 lbs.: Megan Anderson vs. Norma Dumont
145 lbs.: Grant Dawson vs. Darrick Minner
135 lbs.: Kyler Phillips vs. Gabriel Silva

UFC Fight Night 169 Prelims Card on ESPN+(5 p.m. ET):

185 lbs.: Brendan Allen vs. Tom Breese
155 lbs.: Luis Pena vs. Steve Garcia
265 lbs.: Serghei Spivac vs. Marcin Tybura
145 lbs.: Jordan Griffin vs. T.J. Brown
145 lbs.: Spike Carlyle vs. Aalon Cruz
170 lbs.: Sean Brady vs. Ismail Naurdiev

Deiveson Figueiredo missed weight btw, so he can't win the title.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao so if he wins there's no champ and we are back to square one. Really wish they'd just dump guys who miss weight, especially in situations like this where it ain't like Figueredo is a draw putting butts in seats. You miss weight you're done have an alternate ready to take the spot.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first I'm even hearing of the flyweight title existing since Cejudo beat Dillashaw. How are we coming on two years into the UFC trying to kill this division off?

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Utter disgrace. You finally get your shot at the title and botch it with a weightcut. No other top flyweights on the card either. Whelp.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think most people were already behind Benavidez.

Hope to see him get that belt.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
Benavidez is an ATG who's only lost to GOAT contenders (the Pettis loss was a robbery). He's easily one of the most underrated fighters of all time and maybe the best fighter to never win a belt (it's either him or Yoel). Hopefully he pulls it off today.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO after that pre-fight nonsense, the ref ends it because a guy was wobbled

easter

Nov 15, 2017
the wobble could have been an internal flow of sorts. he was not even partially physically stunned it looked like he was just dancing in his head trying to throw off his opponent into unloading. worst stoppage.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he was looking the other fucking way while winding up for a punch. I can definitely see why a ref would be close to stopping it. Probably should've just let him be crumpled or buckled but I dont think it was that horrendous?

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
I prefer for refs to err on the side of caution to protect the fighters, but that stoppage was horrifically bad. He was definitely wobbled but a wobble shouldn't stop a fight unless the fighter is getting pummeled.

Would you put Florian and Faber up there as well?
I rate both of them highly (Faber more so than Florian), but Benavidez and Yoel are more skilled and have beaten better competition.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
And that's why you don't rush in with your head. Unfortunate end for Joe but it was his own undoing that cost him the fight. Deiveson got power and he was landing his right. Just had to be patient and then BAM! Too bad he couldn't make weight :/

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
Frustrating performance from Benavidez. Early on it was clear that he didn't have the power to hurt Figueiredo, but he kept chasing the big shots anyway. He was constantly playing with fire with the way he was jumping in with his chin up and dropping his hands.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Looking across social media and MMA forums and it looks like the majority of people think that was the worst stoppage ever lol. How do you stop a fight when the guy is still standing and defending/attacking? So bizarre.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that Benavidez octagon interview was one of toughest to listen to in a while, the man knew he blew his last ever shot…

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I hate everything about a guy missing weight and winning the fight. Really just hate the shit. Puts guys like Benavidez in a tough spot, like what's he going to do, not take the fight? Figuerido got to fight with a pretty big advantage, and now we have no champion and are right back where we started. Complete waste of a night.

That said, I'm completely unsurprised that Benavidez' brand of "put my head down and blindly throw haymakers" stand up was not effective. Figuerido practically looked like he was amused at Joe's offense and was just waiting to pick his spot to drop him.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Bisping in this shit show reminded me:

If anyone wants a good weekend read, the book is fun.
Parallels my personal favorite time of watching the UFC and a nice
showcase for the dick Bisping is. And get ready for lots of eye injury stories,
dude was really fucked there.