• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Jones is too big for Izzy, but the match up is still compelling. Jones has turned into an octagon control fighter with good cardio and still has an aura about him of finishing you with the right combination, but his dynamic killer instinct seems to have gone away with the PEDs/aging.

Oct 27, 2017
Jones is like 5 inches and 40 lbs heavier than Romero, in addition to being an incredibly gifted wrestler in his own right.

Jones ain't going down to 185.

That's true, I was more thinking about Romero being the more decorated wrestler. And I have no idea what Jones or Romero weighs when they fight.

But you're right either way, I didn't think on the size difference tbh, just because Romero looks like he does.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Only one entry each in the google doc tracking weights (if the find feature worked correctly).
docs.google.com

UFC Fight Night Weights

Weights, Changes and Percentages EVENT,FIGHTER,WEIGHT CLASS,WEIGH IN WEIGHT (lbs),FIGHT NIGHT WEIGHT (lbs),WEIGHT INCREASE (lbs),PERCENTAGE REGAINED,SEX,REPEATS 1- UFC 227,Alex Perez,Flyweight,126.0,146.5,20.5,16.270,M,0 1- UFC 227,Brett Johns,Bantamweight,135.2,158.0,22.8,16.864,M,0 1- UFC 227,...

Jones UFC 232: 204 on the scale, 222.5 at the fight.
Romero UFC 241: 184 on the scale, 207.2 at the fight.

Oct 27, 2017
Only one entry each in the google doc tracking weights (if the find feature worked correctly).
docs.google.com

UFC Fight Night Weights

Weights, Changes and Percentages EVENT,FIGHTER,WEIGHT CLASS,WEIGH IN WEIGHT (lbs),FIGHT NIGHT WEIGHT (lbs),WEIGHT INCREASE (lbs),PERCENTAGE REGAINED,SEX,REPEATS 1- UFC 227,Alex Perez,Flyweight,126.0,146.5,20.5,16.270,M,0 1- UFC 227,Brett Johns,Bantamweight,135.2,158.0,22.8,16.864,M,0 1- UFC 227,...

Jones UFC 232: 204 on the scale, 222.5 at the fight.
Romero UFC 241: 184 on the scale, 207.2 at the fight.

Nice find. It crazy how big Jones is haha.

Oct 31, 2017
What are the chances Dana skips a Reyes-Jones or Santos-Jones rematch and rewards the winner or Anderson-Blachowicz? I don't want to see that.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
I don't see either of those guys jumping the queue unless Reyes has an injury. Too many people scored the fight for Reyes and neither of those guys have enough profile for that to happen. Jones' next fight is likely Reyes or at heavyweight.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Jones/Corey should happen next. Jon isn't going up to HW, his margin of victory is no longer impressive enough to warrant that talk

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Jones/Corey should happen next. Jon isn't going up to HW, his margin of victory is no longer impressive enough to warrant that talk
Pretty much. Dude can no longer take down light heavys, what the hell is he going to do but get mollywhopped by 265 pounders? Outfight and run for 5 rounds in the best case? No one wants to see that. I guess people want to see him get KOed but based on his last couple of fights just leave it up to father time, it will happen at light heavy.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. Dude can no longer take down light heavys, what the hell is he going to do but get mollywhopped by 265 pounders? Outfight and run for 5 rounds in the best case? No one wants to see that. I guess people want to see him get KOed but based on his last couple of fights just leave it up to father time, it will happen at light heavy.
Yeah, but it'd be SO much more satisfying to see him get KTFO by Ngannou.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
I agree that Jones would get starched by top heavyweights (except for DC since it's such a favourable match up), but a Jones heavyweight fight is a big draw. The UFC have wanted him to do one for years and Jones has even started flirting with the idea. It'd make sense for both sides to do it now since Jones is clearly on the decline. If his next fight is at light heavyweight it should be against Reyes though. Regardless of how Anderson-Blachowicz goes, neither of those guys should be getting a title shot before him.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember dudes, Latifi survived going up to Heavyweight and nearly won against the #5 ranked one.
And that guy is too small for 185.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
slept.

DC looked so sad too haha.

Gonna need that Reyes rematch first Jan

Man that was atrocious by Corey rewatching the sequence. Dude was getting tagged fair on his way in and on his way out and he decides to throw a leg kick at point blank.

Last edited:

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Luke Thomas did a wonderful interview with Diego's coach (with Diego popping up) and it is fucking wild.

You could have written a satirical skit about the insanity you would expect to train Diego during his YES days and it wouldn't be this out there.

www.youtube.com

Joshua Fabia, Diego Sanchez's Coach, Speaks Out After Taking Criticism | Luke Thomas

Joshua Fabia - the controversial and embattled coach, trainer, manager, cornerman and more to UFC welterweight Diego Sanchez - joined me on my SiriusXM radio...

Little bit new age wonkery, a dash of cultyness and a bunch of misplaced responsibility turns into something wild.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
uekINVN.jpg

UFC Fight Night 168 Main Card on ESPN+ (Sat, Feb 22, 7 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Paul Felder vs. Dan Hooker
205 lbs.: Jimmy Crute vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk
115 lbs.: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Xiaonan Yan
265 lbs.: Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ben Sosoli
155 lbs.: Magomed Mustafaev vs. Brad Riddell
145 lbs.: Kevin Aguilar vs. Zubaira Tukhugov

UFC Fight Night 168 Prelims Card on ESPN+ (4 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Jalin Turner vs. Josh Culibao
170 lbs.: Jake Matthews vs. Emil Meek
170 lbs.: Song Kenan vs. Callan Potter
125 lbs.: Kai Kara-France vs. Tyson Nam
115 lbs.: Angela Hill vs. Loma Lookboonmee
170 lbs.: Maki Pitolo vs. Takashi Sato — CANCELED (Details Here)
125 lbs.: Shana Dobson vs. Priscila Cachoeira

disregard the sunday on the poster, its saturday (for US), australia is living in the future

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I should be scared of Diego or scared FOR Diego.

Like he's so off-putting in both the Luke and Ariel interviews.

Crazy pills all around.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew xiaonan is good, but beating the shit outta KK like that is just surprising. Not that special-k no more