• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan is mostly an idiot, but he's right, it's incredibly obvious Stephen A. Smith knows jack fuck about MMA or Boxing and they trot him out there to speak on them with any sort of authority is a joke, but SAS and ESPN don't care. He continues getting paid and elevates his profile as the "face" of ESPN, and ESPN can use their most popular loudmouth to try and elevate the UFC and sell PPVs. They don't care about credibility. Hell SAS is barely any more knowledgable about the NBA or NFL.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Wilbon spent years and years shit talking MMA and now he has to talk it up due to ESPN broadcasting the UFC. SAS is a dumbass on all topics, it's not just limited to MMA.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
That Black Mirror episode would be a complete utopia if I could program my brain to change Steven A Smith to white noise all the time.

why are bellators commentators so bad

Because Mike Goldberg is the Star Wars prequels of MMA in that only people who were too young and stupid to know any better at the time still have unironic appreciation for them now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh.. They really shook up the latest P4P rankings

7s4zvmhr9jd41.jpg

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Bellator should try Chael at commentary. Thomson is alright but Big John while knowledgeable has the charisma of a brick.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Joanna shared this on IG

V8hKxOf.jpg

Zhang replied:

Rooting for zhang is going to be so great.

Masvidal-Usman had a small confrontation during radio row (i think some super bowl thingy). onlookers are saying it felt staged.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Is Joanna's goal to be a heel? Because the way she blubbers about like a child when she loses I don't think she's got that in her?

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
She told her Brazilian opponent on the TUF show to "go back to the jungle". Never liked her much honestly.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the last PPV was a bad card, this one is worse?
Third fight from the top has a guy without a Wiki page.
Lewis vs Latifi is a joke that is funny if they have to fill a gap at a european card but
trash for a PPV.

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs. Dominick Reyes
Women's Flyweight Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Katlyn Chookagian
Heavyweight Juan Adams vs. Justin Tafa
Featherweight Mirsad Bektić vs. Dan Ige
Heavyweight Derrick Lewis vs. Ilir Latifi
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Middleweight Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Arroyo
Welterweight Alex Morono vs. Kalinn Williams
Women's Flyweight Lauren Murphy vs. Andrea Lee
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Bantamweight Miles Johns vs. Mario Bautista
Bantamweight Journey Newson vs. Domingo Pilarte
Bantamweight Andre Ewell vs. Jonathan Martinez

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Yeah, dreadful. Can't even look forward to the main event like the last one either. Jones will most likely cruise to a win whilst seemingly putting in 50% effort.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
They finally got the rightful winner at the third time of asking, even if it needed a split. These chump judges gotta have Jones and Shevchenko sweating.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lewis is still such a giant meh to me. He can have fun fights but it seems like he can be neutralized so easy and doesn't really know how to fight out of it.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does Reyes have a shot?
I think he's got a really good shot of pulling it off if he can stay on his feet. Big IF though now that I think Jon is back on the picos for this one... Suddenly he looks in tip-top shape again and has that suspicious mark on his stomach. lol

29-28 Lewis was the right call. Lewis won the 1st and stole the 3rd in that late rally where he hurt Latifi. Latifi didn't do enough with his takedowns in the 3rd to overcome that.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
ready for Joanna to get her shit pushed in. damn thought Zhang and Joanna was on this card.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is this judging?

Lewis fight? That one was actually scored OK.The fights earlier in the night were a total disaster

just as a general reminder to people. Damage wins rounds and damage in the immediate is scored higher than damage in the aggregate. Takedowns give you no points. Control only matters if the damage in the round is considered equal for both sides.