• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conor said he'd consider fighting as soon as February if he took no damage.

So yeah, 248 looks perfect if he's serious.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i don't watch very much mma. is it common to use the shoulder like mcgregor did in the clinch?

Oct 31, 2017
tenor.gif

Good one Dana

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't watch very much mma. is it common to use the shoulder like mcgregor did in the clinch?

the reason they are used against the cage is that you need to be in under-over and that's usually a very mobile and fluid position.The cage stops you from moving back and letting the shoulder hit, can also do it against the floor. In this fight McGregor actually changes level to pop into the strike, its on Cowboy that he let it happen over and over and didn't use the level change to go for a trip or a disengagement

To expand a little, the impact of a strike comes from momentum (usually the hips) and from distance (ideally making contact at about 90% of the trajectory). To be able to creat momentum on a shoulder strike you cannot rotate your hips because your opponent would move with you. You have to make space by moving away or moving down. Thing is, both of those movements act to directly weaken the connection between you and your opponent. You are almost trying to create a mini clinch break and then explode back in. Its a good surprising strike, but no reason a trained striker to get hit by it 5 times in a row

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Cowboy is washed and was never as great as the UFC tried to pump him up to begin with. There's a reason for all his accolades he's gotten 1 title shot in his entire almost 10 year UFC career (a fight where he got his ass kicked by RDA, like he got his ass kicked by Darren Till, and Nate Diaz, and Anthony Pettis, and Jorge Masvidal, and Tony Fergurson, and Justin Gaethe). He's great at getting in scraps with guys at his level, but the moment he tries to step up he gets fucked up and always has. Donald Cerrone is no where near the level of fighter as Conor McGregor. The idea that the UFC would need him to take a dive instead of just letting the natural order take its course is laughable.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Strange to see people on this forum stanning for a guy with multiple sexual assault charges against him and convictions of assault, but hey to each their own.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Conor vs Masvidal would really get me hype. Masvidal has a *no fucks given all in* vibe which would be really tough for Conor.

Oct 31, 2017
Cowboy is washed and was never as great as the UFC tried to pump him up to begin with. There's a reason for all his accolades he's gotten 1 title shot in his entire almost 10 year UFC career (a fight where he got his ass kicked by RDA, like he got his ass kicked by Darren Till, and Nate Diaz, and Anthony Pettis, and Jorge Masvidal, and Tony Fergurson, and Justin Gaethe). He's great at getting in scraps with guys at his level, but the moment he tries to step up he gets fucked up and always has. Donald Cerrone is no where near the level of fighter as Conor McGregor. The idea that the UFC would need him to take a dive instead of just letting the natural order take its course is laughable.
I'm kidding. I'm just annoyed the Mcnuthugger hype machine is back.

Oct 27, 2018
Strange to see people on this forum stanning for a guy with multiple sexual assault charges against him and convictions of assault, but hey to each their own.
I hate this viewpoint. We like to watch him fight cos he's damn good at it; we're not introducing him to our bosses as our best friend.

It's usually about musicians who make good music but have sketchy lifestyles, but I've read it a lot about McGregor in the build up to this fight.

I can't speak for everyone but I know a lot of people were pumped to see him back in the Octagon. Sure the fight was trash but he did the job and it means we'll likely get to see him fight someone good (Masvidal, Usman, Khabib, Ferguson) and we'll all be "stanning" again so get your links ready again.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this viewpoint. We like to watch him fight cos he's damn good at it; we're not introducing him to our bosses as our best friend.

It's usually about musicians who make good music but have sketchy lifestyles, but I've read it a lot about McGregor in the build up to this fight.

I can't speak for everyone but I know a lot of people were pumped to see him back in the Octagon. Sure the fight was trash but he did the job and it means we'll likely get to see him fight someone good (Masvidal, Usman, Khabib, Ferguson) and we'll all be "stanning" again so get your links ready again.
That's why I say to each their own. You are free to support Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, McGregor or whoever you want but it's not unreasonable for people to draw a line at sexual assault and even more those who do it repeatedly.

I'm obviously not condemning people that watch or enjoy the fight but when you see people that are gleeful at his personal success I balk at it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dana you fucking dumbo

Even despite some of those red flags, White says he believes McGregor going for a rematch against the man who beat him -- and the man who has the belt he used to hold -- is the clear next fight. Though McGregor has plenty of options, including BMF champion Jorge Masvidal, White says he thinks Nurmagomedov is the man.

"We're looking at Hagler-Hearns," White said. "We're looking at like Ali-Foreman, Ali-Frazier. This is a massive fight with global appeal. It's the fight you make, it's the fight that makes sense. It's for the 155-pound title.

"If Conor and Masvidal fight, neither one of them even has a title. Although Conor does want his BMF title. He doesn't have a world championship. So Khabib is the fight to make. It's huge for Khabib's legacy, too. If he beat Conor McGregor, then he beats Tony Ferguson, then he beats Conor McGregor again, I mean this is how this kid, when he retires, he's 30-something-and-oh and he's beaten all of the best."

Nurmagomedov defends his title against Ferguson at UFC 249 on April 18 in Brooklyn, so that presents an obstacle to White's plan. If Ferguson wins, White says he believes McGregor would want to fight him because he wants the title back. McGregor has expressed interest in Ferguson, as well.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Incredibly impressive display by McGregor.

Wins in three weight divisions. Champion in two of them.

Masvidal or the Khabib rematch are the only fights left big enough for him now.

Aug 27, 2018
Incredibly impressive display by McGregor.

Wins in three weight divisions. Champion in two of them.

Masvidal or the Khabib rematch are the only fights left big enough for him now.
He'll lose to Khabib (again), I honestly don't know who could beat him at this point. Tony has a shot but that's about it, and it's just "a shot".

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I look at him differently now. I really want those accusations to get cleared up, fuck him either way because of the the things we know he definitely did, which was punch that guy at the bar for absolutely no reason at all. And I would not be surprised if he is also guilty of rape. The details on those cases were gruesome.

I saw Dana talk about how Floyd hit him up already. That and the Khabib fight are the ones nobody should want. There is absolutely no reason to do either of those rematches.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Nothing official is out there and the Irish are certainly taking their time pressing charges if true. He's innocent until proven guilty.

On potential fights there are many.

1. Khabib
2. Masvidal
3. Usman
4. Diaz
5. Floyd
6. Manny
7. Justin

7 huge fights. If only the ufc could clone mcgregor. There's even more smaller ones like Aldo, Holloway and Frankie. Canelo in boxing would be huge but he'd be badly beaten. Maybe Canelo would fight him in the ufc. So many options.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Conor McGregor, Dana White, and the UFC. Carny trash. Dude is for sure going to be fast tracked to a title shot even if it's for that dumbass BMF belt. Hope no one signs on to fight him for less than what he's making.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
I usually don´t watch any sport. But I post some in /r/kickboxing and the match was posted and reached top on that subreddit so figured I could watch a few minutes. Well I watched it all as you might guess xD Headbutting someones knee is not a great idea.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Is Dana going to be surprised when that fight boils out of the cage again?

Its such a shame his desire for money and to give Conor whatever he wants is larger than his desire to expand the legitimacy of the sport and improve its reputation.

Its why I don't watch any more. Jones and McGregor shouldn't be in the UFC given that both have done worse than people they banned for good.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
ya i was watching the post fight presser and dana wouldn't stop going on about khabib 2 when literally everyone else is talking about masvidal.

Murdock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Shit was bullshit. Cowboy all week talking about wanting to go snow riding with his kids. Talking about money rather then legacy. On other hand connor talking about 2020 season. Fights with jorge, nate and khabib. Who gonna sell more tickets this year? Ufc and cowboy knew what they was doing.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that's pretty much the face I make at the UFC's shitty product these days. It's not like they (and MMA in general) haven't had problems since the beginning, but damn they've gone so far backwards over the past few years. Great fighters are still doing their thing, but the way "stars" and the top of the card are presented/promoted is so fucked — makes you feel embarrassed for watching any of it. UFC is close to peak Coker shit at this point and it'll keep trending that way as long as Dana is around.

ONE is my go-to right now, but I shouldn't have to feel bad watching MMA or when I'm approached by friends to discuss when they see a "big fight" being advertised.

Oct 25, 2017
McGregor vs Khabib is the biggest fight in UFC history. Of course they're going to book it again. I hate a lot of carney bookings they do, but if I were the UFC I'd for sure book McGregor vs Khabib 2. Sometimes you have to give the people what they want.