• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Memes and jokes aside I knew that Donald stood no damn choice. This was a very easy fight for Conor.

For all the hype (and a lot of it deserved, Cerrone is a really fun fucking fighter) Donald Cerrone has almost always gotten his ass kicked when he's stepped up in competition. He's not the guy the UFC has been trying to sell this fight on. He was basically the perfect hand picked opponent to kickstart this Conor comeback. A guy who's reputation probably exceeds his actual ability.

1000% this.

No other choice, Dana. Masvidal vs McGregor needs to happen.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
158.gif

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Those shoulders and the speed just fucked Cowboy up. To the eye, the nose and back to the eye.

Now lets get him against Masvidal and Usman.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn, Cerrone got fucked right up. I thought it was gonna be a bit more competitive than that.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, Cerrone got fucked right up. I thought it was gonna be a bit more competitive than that.
I had hope it would at least last outside the first. Cowboy should've at least attempted a single after dodging the opening punch, but those shoulders did a huge number and Conor kept the pressure.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Conor/Jorge would probably do something close to Conor/Nate numbers. UFC has next to zero other draws. ESPN would kidnap Dana White's children if he tried to make any other matchup.

If he gets on the card he wants, it would make that March show huge. Conor/Masvidal, Izzy/Romero, Zhang/Joanna. Or they could put it on the April card with Khabib and Tony.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I would give him like zero chance against Usman. The Masvidal fight is so fun because its actually a close fight and its gonna be a firefight
it would be over quicker than Khabib presuming Usman doesn't mess around on the feet like he did against Colby.

Conor's only place fighting highly ranked opponents is at Lightweight.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If he gets on the card he wants, it would make that March show huge. Conor/Masvidal, Izzy/Romero, Zhang/Joanna. Or they could put it on the April card with Khabib and Tony.

They'll probably put it on its own like with this one. UFC is spread thin. They can't really stack cards. Conor/Jorge sells itself. No reason to throw in an Adesanya or Khabib for free.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I remember way back in the day when Tyson lost his winning ways, some people blamed it on being successful. It's easy to hit the gym at 5 am when you're dirt poor, it's a lot harder when you're sleeping in silk sheets.

I wondered if McGregor had hit that - too much money, too many distractions, too much taking his attention - scattered as it already was between promotion and training - for him to get that edge back.

Guess not.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably put it on its own like with this one. UFC is spread thin. They can't really stack cards. Conor/Jorge sells itself. No reason to throw in an Adesanya or Khabib for free.

The only reason I don't see that is because they already have main events announced through May and they aren't gonna hold Conor out that long. If he wants to fight again soon, which he says he does, they'll have to put him with another big fight.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not gonna hold it out that long I don't think, especially considering the quick finish here. Conor has said he wants to fight more often than that this year.

249 is Khabib so thats a no go. 250 is in Brazil, again so no go. Making the Masvidal fight in 7 weeks seems way to little time. That's a 4-5 week fight camp

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
249 is Khabib so thats a no go. 250 is in Brazil, again so no go. Making the Masvidal fight in 7 weeks seems way to little time. That's a 4-5 week fight camp

Given Conor took zero damage and Masvidal is healthy, it's really not a ridiculous turnaround. Conor threw out March as a possibility a few days ago. Plus if he fights on that card, he almost definitely could turn around again for Fight Week. Then you get two paydays instead of one.