• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the weight cut worked. Often it makes fighters chinny. Especially older fighters.

He's just walking through Moraes.

If he was doing such a terrible job at his weight cut, why not just get a bit of muscle and do the cut to 145 using the same approach he followed for this camp? Going to 35 makes no sense.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Could have gone either way. Super close. Sorry Joe.

The fight is 1-1 and Aldo might win it, but he looks so bad when compared to FW Aldo. He used to be the greatest defensive fighter in the sport. He had 2-3-4 levels of defense and had beautiful counters. This Aldo is slow, plodding and getting bullied by a bantamweight.
Ehh. I think he was just taking a different approach against a very dangerous fighter. You may be right though. We'll see with his next fight at 135.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol @ Aldo with the head nodding feeling so sure that he'd gotten the W only to have it go to Marlon (got me some shadenfreude out of it due to it).

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DC and Joe keep talking about advancing fighters getting the round and getting points for a takedown, even though those are not real things. UFC should have a feed with Arena noise and no commentary, it contributes nothing.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GDR isnt even trying to wall walk herself up.

29-27 Nunes.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True, but Nunes just keeps hitting her guard, not any real shots are getting through that I've seen. Just a lot of top control.

I have heard of legit black belts that have been tapped by GDR. It seems she has a few moves that can actually work lol

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I favor Holloway, but Volkanovski has legit unset potential

Volk has been fighting so smartly. His feinting and inside punching is so smooth. However, I am not sure what is the gameplan against Max when you are shorter than him and have less ground game. He cannot just do the Poirier thing.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is known.

Max is a GOAT. I couldn't say a kind word about him others haven't already said, and more eloquently than I.

But Volkanovski has everything on his side. Power, endurance, wildly educated and sky high IQ, with the momentum of City Boxing behind him.
But then he's also 5 inches shorter than his opponent who's pretty good...

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Volk repeating the Aldo strategy of hiding leg kicks with punches. He should start turning it up by the end of round 3.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Take Max's legs and his hands will make up what his movement has lost. Dudes amazing.

Volk looking sharp too.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling like like Max is going to have to put on a clinic to save his title