• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
UFC 241 Main Card On ESPN+ PPV (Sat, Aug 17th,10 p.m. ET):
265 lbs.: UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic
155 lbs.: Nate Diaz vs. Anthony Pettis
185 lbs.: Paulo Costa vs. Yoel Romero
145 lbs.: Gabriel Benitez vs. Sodiq Yusuff
185 lbs.: Derek Brunson vs. Ian Heinisch

UFC 241 'Prelims' Undercard On ESPN (8 p.m. ET):
155 lbs.: Devonte Smith vs. Khama Worthy
135 lbs.: Raphael Assuncao vs. Cory Sandhagen
155 lbs.: Christos Giagos vs. Drakkar Klose
135 lbs.: Manny Bermudez vs. Casey Kenney

UFC 241 'Prelims' Undercard On Fight Pass (6:15 p.m.):
115 lbs.: Hannah Cifers vs. Jodie Esquibel
135 lbs.: Brandon Davis vs. Kang Kyung-ho
125 lbs.: Shana Dobson vs. Sabina Mazo
115 lbs.: Poliana Botelho vs. Maryna Moroz

finally an OT worthy card.

also, colby was on food truck diairies, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to watch. i even watch the ones with guests i don't know much about (like brandon vera) and even then, it's still freakin great. my faveorite episode would be the ngannou one.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
UFC 241 Main Card On ESPN+ PPV (Sat, Aug 17th,10 p.m. ET):
265 lbs.: UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic
155 lbs.: Nate Diaz vs. Anthony Pettis
185 lbs.: Paulo Costa vs. Yoel Romero
145 lbs.: Gabriel Benitez vs. Sodiq Yusuff
185 lbs.: Derek Brunson vs. Ian Heinisch

UFC 241 'Prelims' Undercard On ESPN (8 p.m. ET):
155 lbs.: Devonte Smith vs. Khama Worthy
135 lbs.: Raphael Assuncao vs. Cory Sandhagen
155 lbs.: Christos Giagos vs. Drakkar Klose
135 lbs.: Manny Bermudez vs. Casey Kenney

UFC 241 'Prelims' Undercard On Fight Pass (6:15 p.m.):
115 lbs.: Hannah Cifers vs. Jodie Esquibel
135 lbs.: Brandon Davis vs. Kang Kyung-ho
125 lbs.: Shana Dobson vs. Sabina Mazo
115 lbs.: Poliana Botelho vs. Maryna Moroz

finally an OT worthy card.

also, colby was on food truck diairies, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to watch. i even watch the ones with guests i don't know much about (like brandon vera) and even then, it's still freakin great.
Yup, it's a great card.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've missed the Soldier of God but I haven't missed his weight cuts. Already woof o'clock with a few days to go.

woof o;clock hahaha.
But man I dont even know who Im banking on with that fight.
Yoel is almost always a beast in his fights but Paulo Costa has been eating through his opponents.

Not sure wht the stakes are for this fight, but whoever wins should be next in line for the title shot.
I would have actually wanted Isreal to take on one of these two before getting a title shot...because I dont actually see him getting through either.

Slightly off topic.
Zabit Magomedsharipov only fights like twice a year....wouldnt the Abu Dhabi card have been a good one for him...or are there no opponents ready for him for that card.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love DC but I bet some money on Stipe.
I think he will be super motivated to get his belt back and my gut says he can take it.
I'll be happy either way. Either one win for the Dad bods or a win for the mumbler squat.

ALSO Pettis? I think Diaz ring rust might be too much.
But is Pettis smart enough not get sucked in like Cowboy did?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
DC tends to duck down to avoid strikes. I have a feeling that Stipe will use that to his advantage.

Two Natty Bois? It's either going to please the Just Bang Bro Gods or someone is going to try and grapple the whole fight.

Pettis/Diaz? Diaz might feel the ring rust and I'm not sure if Pettis will be smart enough to not get lured into the Diaz' usual game plan.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Costa and Romero both made weight?
This is the fight im looking forward to.

Diaz vs Pettis im looking forward to just because both of them fight hard.
But i dunno if Pettis can actually hang with Diaz so Im not too excited.

The Stipe vs DC fight? Im trying to keep myself excited for it.....but im not really that excited, but it might shock me...i wasnt that excited for the first fight and it was okay.
Stipe is coming in with energy true enough but DC pretty much always comes to get the job done.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Costa vs Romero is going to be hype.

I think Pettis can definitely hang with Nate. Dude hasn't fought in a while. I guess we'll see.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
DC came in pretty light, think he's gonna be too quick for Stipe

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
DC looked great and super focused...but so did Stipe, he weighed in at 230, which is by far the lightest he's ever weighed in at during his UFC career and 12 lbs lighter than the first fight and 16lbs lighter than his three title defenses. Maybe DC figured Stipe might try to get the advantage in that area and prepared for it, he's one of the smartest fighters in all of MMA after all, so it wouldn't surprise me.

It's clear how much both of them want this...both are fighting for legacy. Sad that I have to work tomorrow night, hopefully I can avoid being spoiled lol.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real, this fight is going to put the whole Heavyweight division to shame. DC and Stipe are just a class apart from the rest.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
hector_lombard_vs_rousimar_palhares.jpg

Would be my entry as the juiciest fight in history.

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017
Costa got his face jabbed in by Uriah and only won through brute force. Considering Romero ate Bobby's head kicks for breakfast, he should take the W here.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy he still does this

Miocic says the friendly hazing went up "tenfold" after he won the UFC heavyweight title by knocking out Fabricio Werdum in 2016. On his first day back, the other firefighters at Valley View made Miocic clean the bathroom -- toilets, showers and all -- while wearing the belt. There was also a bet made that if Miocic went outside and stood waving to passersby with the belt around his waist, no one would pull over and ask for a picture or autograph. After a few humiliating hours, Miocic won the bet.

Miocic is the kind of guy who tips bartenders and servers more than 20% and brags about his 4.97 Uber rating.

"I take huge pride in that," he says.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Bah can't believe DC fucked that up. Totally thought he had that in the bag even before the fight started and then he seemed to dominate the fight. How did he mess that up? He was just walking into Stipe and went for a boxing match.

Stipe sucks, I don't like him. Boring champing, doesn't impress me with his fighting either.

He won cuz DC fucked up royally. Guy got a little turn around in the fourth, big whoop.

He's not the greatest for shit.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
He's the most accomplished heavyweight (most title wins/defenses) champion in history. He doesn't "suck"

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Most people will tell you Stipe won the 3rd round. And he was clearly taking the 4th even before winning it outright. I'm not really sure how you think DC had the fight in the bag.

I really like DC. Just not so much as a play by play guy, but I like hearing him talk candid about the sport. Seems like a genuinely good dude, in the face of a lot of people that treat him like shit.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
DC was kicking his ass.

He was just being super careless. DC was in his face with his hands down and doing the same thing over and over again. He won cuz DC messed up badly. I dunno what that was about.

Plus DC arguably had his ass out in the first. He's lucky that didn't get stopped.

I'm not impressed by the guy getting smacked around for 3 rounds, body slammed, etc, only to win cuz he got a few gut punches and DC fucked up.

Stipe strikes me as the kinda guy who just happens to win, but doesn't really do anything impressive to get those wins. It's like "yeah dude, you got like 2 mins of good punches that messed up DC but you got rocked for 3 rounds straight".

Not impressed. And he's not likeable whatsoever.