• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
it always seems when a fighter people dont like is winning, they never give credit to the fighter they don't like, its always the other guy is washed up

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Leave your gloves on the octagon Lawler, you don't have it anymore. I've seen beginners in sparring sessions way more interesting and exciting than this steaming heap of shit of a "fight".

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
terrible fight, terrible card

colby is talented, i'll give him that. but it's not the type of talented guy i get any enjoyment from watching lol

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Usman vs Colby is going to be interesting. Colby might actually have the striking advantage lol. I wonder how the wrestling is going to play out.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
I hope this one sided performance means better odds for Usman, but I still think Usman is gonna be well below 1.5.

Fuck Hughes, but fuck Colby for that remark.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
A black immigrant named Kamaru fighting a white supremacist loving shitbag named Colby. Dana Trump couldn't have scripted it better.

Nov 14, 2017
Robbie seems to have the opposite problem of those fighters that start to lose everything but their one punch KOs. By the 3rd he was staying on his feet and walking Covington down and his defense was still there. But 5th round Lawler at his best was putting the exclamation point on the fight, not trying to do it all in a round.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
A black immigrant named Kamaru fighting a white supremacist loving shitbag named Colby. Dana Trump couldn't have scripted it better.

You're missing the lead.

A black Muslim immigrant. Islamaphobia is pretty much the purest expression of the far right all over the planet, and the one thing that unites them all.

Hope Usman kicks his ass.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Usman should smash Colby, and that isn't wishful thinking. I just think he will easily decision him.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Colby's schtick is working, eventhough the entire persona is fake. It's really sad that MMA as a sport forces athletes to stupe to inventing ''controversial'' personas to ensure they maximize their chances of making enough money to be able to live off of it after the short MMA window slams shot.

Colby v Usman will be extremely boring, it'll either be a whooooooole lot of cage pressing or we'll get some c-level kickboxing.

It's funny though seeing how easily people buy shit, Mas wears a MAGA hat and all of a sudden people think he s Trump supporter. Mas doing what needs done to get as much money out the game as he can.

Should watch him on JRE and other sources, he ain't no dummy and it's very obvious he has a plan.

Do hope we get Mas v Colby though. Because i'm fairly certain Mas beats the piss out of Colby.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
It hasn't even worked for him yet.

- His twitter followers stands at 78k
- The one PPV he co-main evented in got a disappointing 250k buys.
- Spent a year out throwing a tantrum because UFC passed him up for Darren Til, who could do that without consequence because who gives a damn about being fair to Colby?
- Has already said he has taken matches at low pay grade to be a company man (look how that worked out for him)

I'd argue he'd have done just as well for himself if he just shut his mouth and got a good manager, like Usman has.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Colby is the chump I thought he was when he got an [interim] title shot for beating Maia but I still think he's had a very favourable run of match-ups his last 3 fights. It's easy to think of a 7 win streak at Welterweight as being silly to dismiss but he really didn't have a good name on his record until RDA, and now Lawler (who we've seen is pretty washed).

I'm fairly confident Usman outgrapples and outstrikes him but I'd love to see War Masvidal take his head off.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
usman literally fought the same guys as colby when he got the title shot

man i sound like such a colby defender, i hate myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
usman literally fought the same guys as colby when he got the title shot

man i sound like such a colby defender, i hate myself.
Well, that's more or less the reason why Till was a favourite against Woodley but Usman wasn't. Both Kamaru and Colby have got fairly uninspiring resumes, the difference is Usman completely dismantled the Champ.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan

Not surprised at all. He's a really bad actor, and everything he does/says comes off as forced.

I really do dislike what MMA has become. Martial arts should be about being humble, and showing respect for all the hard blood/sweat/tears/work people put into training and fighting for the fans. I find myself less interested in the sport as it grows. I'll always watch, but the excitement isn't there like it used to be.

That said he's still a PoS but it's hard to blame him for doing what the fans want?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
There's no difference between being a white supremacist and pretending to be one.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
damn that colby video got me legit shook

mainly because when you see his MMA persona, and you see his flubbing of lines and bad acting, you know it's not legit and he could be a good dude, and to see it and it feels so geniune, like DAMN.