• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the lineup for UFC 240, set for July 27th:

Main Card (10 PM ET, PPV)
Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar
Cris Cyborg vs. Felicia Spencer
Geoff Neal vs. Niko Price
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Arman Tsarukyan
Marc-André Barriault vs. Krzysztof Jotko

Preliminary Card (8 PM ET, ESPN2)
Alexis Davis vs. Viviane Araujo
Hakeem Dawodu vs. Yoshinori Horie
Gavin Tucker vs. Seung Woo Choi
Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo

Preliminary Card (6:30 PM ET, Fight Pass)
Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota
Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart
Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Askren v Maia huh.

That Mexico City card is looking solid, with Ortega v KZ and Zabit v Yair.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea Bisping's eye was that fucked up.

Around five minutes into our chat, I brought up the tricky topic of his eye injury, suffered at the hands – and feet – of Vitor Belfort back in 2013. It left Bisping with a detached retina and while "The Count" was able to return, his 20-20 eyesight did not.

It was an open secret that Bisping's right eye was in a bad way following that fight, but just how bad was it through the remainder of his career?

"Well, look at this," Bisping said as he pulled down his lower right eyelid, shoved his fingers in and pulled out a prosthetic eyeball that covered his real, less-than-healthy eye.

"Does that answer your question?"

Bisping laughed as I half-laughed, while trying not to vomit. But behind his laughter was the story of a situation that would scare the life out of most fighters, let alone us mere bystanders.

"My vision (in my right eye) was pretty much non-existent since 2013," he told me. "I was just about able to scrape past the medicals. It was definitely touch and go. I was always terrified of doing a full training camp, then being turned away by the commission doctor.

"I don't like Vitor Belfort," Bisping said. "The eye thing, that's not why I don't like him. At the end of the day, we know what we sign up for. We step in there as professional athletes to fight, and it's a dangerous business. So that's not why I don't like him.

"I dislike him because he's a bit of a tool. He preaches to everybody about Jesus and being a good person, but he's a scumbag. He was out there cheating, taking a lot of steroids and fighting unfairly and injuring people. He should be ashamed of himself.

"But Vitor Belfort doesn't enter my mindspace unless somebody asks me about him. I certainly don't sit there obsessing about him. I just think, for want of a better word, he's a bit of a tool. I don't have anything too nasty to say about him. I just think he's a bit comical."

And the self-deprecating Brit even jokingly suggested that his ill-advised decision to trash talk Belfort over his beliefs during their pre-fight faceoff might have had something to do with the eye condition he carries with him today.

"I said: 'There is no Jesus,'" Bisping said with a grin. "But maybe there is, because I ended up with a detached retina after that fight. Maybe that was God paying me back."

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm going to my first ever live UFC show in September

Cerrone vs Gaethje!
tenor.gif

Good luck!

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Well done by Hakeem.

Joe kept talking about leg kicks but I felt the short elbow was there all day.

That and the body work. Well done.