• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Love Holloway, but I'm glad I'm getting that next PPV "for free" with my subscription on DAZN. Don't know if I would have wanted to pay for that card.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It pains me to say it, but Greg Hardy is for real.
I hope he makes it. He's fun to watch and has a lot of potential as a draw, but he'd probably lose easily to someone composed and experienced. Nothing technical about his striking, he's there to be hit, and he's probably a 1st round fighter.

He's gonna need the right matchups to work his way up.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhhh, still too early to tell watching against these jobbers. But his athleticism is completely real, those shots were so hard while not even the best form given the positioning.

Such hard shots, it was a legit stoppage. He's so raw though, unless he gets a lucky shot he'll struggle against the actual skilled fighters in the division.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Such hard shots, it was a legit stoppage. He's so raw though, unless he gets a lucky shot he'll struggle against the actual skilled fighters in the division.
Agreed. He keeps his hands down a bit too much and throws strikes with his chin up, that's gonna cost him against any higher tier HW.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Arrest warrant for Jones https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...-unaware-of-battery-charge-warrant-until-now/

A popular UFC fighter from Albuquerque with a criminal history, now finds himself in more trouble. Jon "Bones" Jones has been slapped with a battery charge for an incident that happened at a strip club in April.

His spokesperson says he didn't know about that charge until KRQE News 13 brought it to his attention.

About two weeks ago, Jones was defending his UFC Light Heavyweight Title against Thiago Santos. While the spotlight was on him in Las Vegas, there was a bench warrant for his arrest at the time.

It stems from a visit at TD's Eubank Showclub in April. According to Albuquerque Police, a cocktail waitress called officers to her home and told them Jones slapped her inappropriately, and pulled her down to his lap and kissed her neck, while she was at work.

The waitress told police he also placed her in a chokehold and picked her up off the ground. When she told him to stop, Jones allegedly kept touching her until he decided to leave. He was then charged with battery.

Earlier this month, Jones told KRQE News 13 ahead of the big fight, he was confident about being a role model. "I feel like I'm becoming a better leader, and I'm trying to bring out the best of the guys that are around me," said Jones.

However, court records show Jones failed to show up to a bond arraignment for the battery charge last month. Since he failed to appear, a bench warrant was issued. Online records also show Metro Court tried to send Jones a letter to let him know about the warrant, but it bounced back.

A Jackson Wink spokesperson disputes the allegations against Jones and says KRQE News 13 was the first to make him aware of the warrant. Sunday, Jones went to Metro Court to pay the $300 cash bond.

James Hallinan, a spokesperson for Jones provided KRQE News 13 with the following statement:
"Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address. However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public."

Since Jones went to pay the cash bond on Sunday, his warrant has been lifted. APD says they never arrested him because they're not normally made aware of petty misdemeanor warrants like this.

This isn't Jones' first run-in with the law here in Albuquerque. Back in 2015, he was convicted of leaving the scene after crashing into a car and injuring a pregnant woman.

Then in 2016, Jones was pulled over by APD for drag racing. Lapel video showed he got mouthy with the officer and cursed several times in disbelief.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

This guy cant stop fucking up

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
More details suggest there was sexual assault also, i.e.: the 'inappropriate slap' was on the dancer's vagina.