• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 10, 2018
Its such a weird event. Holm has more "reasonable" ways to win this fight buy I really don't see where she is gonna truly beat modern Nunes. Santos has one really improbable way of winning that just happens to line really well with Jones apparent weakness

I think holm will do well, get some good shots in, but nunes will also get some shots in and that Holm won't be able to handle them.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am honestly scared for Diego. By now he has the record of most head strikes suffered in the UFC

He is training with a quack that will 100% put him in danger

And he is talking total nonensense about chakra strikes.

I get we all like him and that he has always been weird. But he is really slurring his speech, putting himself in danger and surrounding himself with people not prepared to deal with it.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yesssss! So glad Masvidal did that and that quickly. I HATE Masvidal but hated Askren so much more. I'm so stoked I don't even care Rockhold died tonight.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I was wrong about Masvidal. Seems like he was trolling a ton of people about his strategy. That was a perfectly placed knee and it was very typical of Askren to shoot in from such a long range.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Opting to open a fight by shooting from that distance is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I still can't believe it actually happened.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Jon Jones is so fucking overrated it hurts.

"GREATEST OF ALL TIME". My ass. What a bullshit decision by the way. Jones didn't do shit.

Split decision against someone with a
mangled knee. Yeah, real great. What a legend.

Fuck Jones. Santos won that fight.

-------

Masvidal's 2 second KO was absolutely incredible. Askrem deserved that loss, the way it happened, and the way Masvidal mocked him after.

Honestly probably the most delicious win and putting someone in their place I've ever seen. Masvidal is my new hero.

Last time I saw something that good was Cody Garbrandt making Dominick Cruz look like a joke with his head movement, striking, and dancing on stage.

------

Nunes did great, as did Holly Holm. Kinda thought Holm had it. She went down similarly to the way she beat Ronda. Felt bad for her, I always thought she deserved more success after she beat Ronda the way she did (also another favorite fight of mine).

------

Oh and the Rockhold KO was very nice. Guy talks a lot of shit so it's always nice to see fighters like him and Askrem get destroyed.

Pretty great night - aside from Jones' garbage win.

Jon Jones limped out of there harder than Santos did, but the difference is Santos actually did that to him. Santos' knee should get the belt.

Santos should get a rematch with a fixed knee so I can watch him fuck Jones up proper.

Last edited:

Yari

Oct 25, 2017

Lol. Actually a rematch I would love to see, you get this bullshit from that bald goof. Nice.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Dana is right about the scorecard but I don't know what he is thinking rubbishing a rematch. Will be no one left for Jones once he dispatches Walker.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Opting to open a fight by shooting from that distance is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I still can't believe it actually happened.

You clearly have no idea what you are watching, why be a fan of something you seemingly don't understand?

I'm sorry but i just can't stand ignorant ''fans'' who rag on athlete performances, especially combat sports.

Masvidal set a trap for Ben, same way Aldo did when he landed the same type of switch knee on Cub Swanson in WEC. It's a very difficult technique to pull off (which is why we've seen maybe a handfull in the last 15 years) Since you are switching midair and connecting with the same leg you use to elevate yourself.

Masvidal made it seem like he was coming in on Ben's left side so Ben thought he was gonna get free reign to shoot and adjusted accordingly, nothing wrong with the distance or technique on Ben's shot he just tried to play chess with someone better than him.

Askren has wrestled his whole life, you speak to anyone who's been active in any discipline over a long period of time and they will tell you that so much of their whole game becomes muscle memory, which is great on the one hand since you do not have to think when you are performing different techniques, however it also means you become susceptible to people taking advantage of this by ''tricking'' your brain into activating this muscle memory.

Case in point, a wrestler who's been drilling shooting singles and doubles four litteraly thousands of hours.

Give Masvidal his props, he orchestrated the whole thing.

If you want another prime example of this type of exploatation involving a wrestler check out Aldo v Mendes (1) and the way Aldo tricks Mendes brain into diving face first into Aldo's knee. Sheer and utter fucking brilliance.

------

Masvidal FIFA dead fishing Askren is one of the most hilaruous things iv'e ever seen. Up there with when ''Big'' Ben Rothwell KO'd Brendan Schaub so bad he was trying to keep his soul from escaping his body.

I like Askren though, he's an intelligent dude, but funny is still funny at the end of the day

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
You clearly have no idea what you are watching, why be a fan of something you seemingly don't understand?

I'm sorry but i just can't stand ignorant ''fans'' who rag on athlete performances, especially combat sports.
Weird thing to say to someone who's been watching for almost two decades.

but whatever, I wasn't doubting Masivdal's skill or timing; I maintain Askren shooting like that from the outset was brainless.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017

Masvidal set a trap for Ben, same way Aldo did when he landed the same type of switch knee on Cub Swanson in WEC. It's a very difficult technique to pull off (which is why we've seen maybe a handfull in the last 15 years) Since you are switching midair and connecting with the same leg you use to elevate yourself.

Masvidal made it seem like he was coming in on Ben's left side so Ben thought he was gonna get free reign to shoot and adjusted accordingly, nothing wrong with the distance or technique on Ben's shot he just tried to play chess with someone better than him.

Give Masvidal his props, he orchestrated the whole thing.

------

Masvidal FIFA dead fishing Askren is one of the most hilaruous things iv'e ever seen. Up there with when ''Big'' Ben Rothwell KO'd Brendan Schaub so bad he was trying to keep his soul from escaping his body.

I like Askren though, he's an intelligent dude, but funny is still funny at the end of the day

Its not as much hard to pull off as it is the high rate of failure, and leaving yourself vulnerable.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Askren came out like a moron simple, even the commentary was like "at least throw something before the shoot"

but whatever, I wasn't doubting Masivdal's skill or timing; I maintain Askren shooting like that from the outset was brainless.

Yea.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Its not as much hard to pull off as it is the high rate of failure, and leaving yourself vulnerable.

They sort of go hand in hand though no? Since practicing the timing required ties into mechanicly learning the motions involved.

But i get what you mean, and i think we are on the same page.

I'm glad Masvidal finally got one for the ages, felt bad for him for years ever since he got inverted triangled by Toby Imata and ended up on every fucking submission highlight reel under the sun (it won sub of the year too)

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

What is it you do not get? Askren didn't make a conscious decision to shoot, his brain got shown something that over thousands of hours it's been programmed into thinking it means ''shot opening''

If Askren is a moron for that, then Mendes is the biggest idiot on earth for going from a waist lock on Aldo into litteraly diving head first into Aldo's knee. Aldo didn't have to do a single thing outside of lifting his leg, Mendes provided all the force needed, essentially you could almost say he KO'd himself.

Also, so you've been watching for two decades but less than 12 hours ago you are repeatedly on Rogan's case about him saying Santos ACL is gone? How did you put it, (If his ACL is gone i don't think he'd be standing Joe)

Watching for TWO decades but apparently somehow not aware that when Shogun Rua won the belt in the rematch against Machida (which is commingly refered to one of the best performances of Rua's career) he did so with a completly torn ACL in one knee, and a partial tear in the other? He had ACL surgery for the 2nd time in his career after that fight.

Can't believe you weren't there when Conor McGregor tore his ACL completly and suffered a partial MCL tear in the same knee in the 2nd round against Max Holloway either. (Conor trapped his own leg and then managed to spin the wrong way trying to get loose)

I mean he could have clearly benifitted having you there in his corner during that third round when he was on his feet striking with Holloway.

You know, like in Rocky IV when Apollo's trainer is screaming at Rocky to throw the damn towel.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
What is it you do not get? Askren didn't make a conscious decision to shoot, his brain got shown something that over thousands of hours it's been programmed into thinking it means ''shot opening''

If Askren is a moron for that, then Mendes is the biggest idiot on earth for going from a waist lock on Aldo into litteraly diving head first into Aldo's knee. Aldo didn't have to do a single thing outside of lifting his leg, Mendes provided all the force needed, essentially you could almost say he KO'd himself.
'Askren didn't make a conscious decsion to shoot'? Dude, it was 1 second in, that was a choice.
Also, so you've been watching for two decades but less than 12 hours ago you are repestedly on Rogan's case about him saying Santos ACL is gone? How did you put it, (If his ACL is gone i don't think he'd be standing Joe)

Watching for TWO decades but apparently somehow not aware that when Shogun Rua won the belt in the rematch against Machida (which is commingly refered to one of the best performances of Rua's career) he did so with a completly torn ACL in one knee, and a partial tear in the other? He had ACL surgery for the 2nd time in his career after that fight.

Can't believe you weren't there when Conor McGregor tore his ACL completly and suffered a partial MCL tear in the same knee in the 2nd round against Max Holloway either. (Conor trapped his own leg and then managed to spin the wrong way trying to get loose)

I mean he could have clearly benifitted having you there in his corner during that third round when he was on his feet striking with Holloway.
and there are far more people who have hit the deck and not gotten back up from devastating knee injuries than have continued, the exceptions you name don't ruin the rule.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Dana is right about the scorecard but I don't know what he is thinking rubbishing a rematch. Will be no one left for Jones once he dispatches Walker.

Yeah, this is kind of where I'm at. Santos gives Jones a tough fight where he's hobbled, and Dana is instantly writing off doing a rematch at some point? Why?

Have Santos fight Smith again or something if you really need him to get a win in before getting another crack at Jones.

With that said, who does get the next shot at Jones? I don't think Walker really deserves it yet. Do they give it to Jan? Or does Jones finally go up to heavyweight?

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
'Askren didn't make a conscious decsion to shoot'? Dude, it was 1 second in, that was a choice.

Nah, dude. Askren being the most predictable person ever and being baited so hard into going IMMEDIATELY for a takedown was just his body reacting BECAUSE HE WRESTLED A LOT! Duh.

I do love people saying Dustin should do the same to Khabib. Khabib actually throws punches. He doesn't just go for single legs all day.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
'Askren didn't make a conscious decsion to shoot'? Dude, it was 1 second in, that was a choice.and there are far more people who have hit the deck and not gotten back up from devastating knee injuries than have continued, the exceptions you name don't ruin the rule.

What ''rule'' ? Pain involved with all types of ligament tear has everything to do with how the ligament separates from the bone, in terms of ligament tears it's way way more common that you will have athletes putting off all manner of surgery involving shoulders and knee for as long as they possibly can, especially in a sport like mma where the pay grades are quite low and the lengthy rehan downtime involved and how this cuts down on the already small window that is their career as athletes.

Ligament damage is the most common type of injury in combat sports, you know that right?

Should look into how many fights Cormier had in the UFC before finally having his knee fixed. Or Weidman as another example.

Unless you are adrenaline dumping hard, you aren't gonna feel much of anything during a fight. Your brain might aswell be in the middle of a warzone or out in the street with some random dude trying to kill you, it can't discern what is what to it, it just registers danger.

And no, he didn't choose, his brain acted on pure instinct. Masvidal didn't leave any room for choice.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, dude. Askren being the most predictable person ever and being baited so hard into going IMMEDIATELY for a takedown was just his body reacting BECAUSE HE WRESTLED A LOT! Duh.

I do love people saying Dustin should do the same to Khabib. Khabib actually throws punches. He doesn't just go for single legs all day.
Khabib's striking is criminally underrated.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Khabib's striking is criminally underrated.
Khabib-overhand-right-vs-Conor-McGregor.gif

Not that this is a particularly technical or graceful strike but it's satisfying to watch every time.

Last edited:

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Adesanya reacting the Masvidal/Askren in the middle of an interview. Bit at the end is great.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Ben's interview with Ariel was pretty good, he's taking the loss in his stride. It's also super popular, over 100k in 2hours!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
and Dana doesn't want a rematch.

It'd be a tough fight to sell after a letdown of a main event, so I sort of get what he is saying. Most fans aren't going to know/care that Santos blew out his knee, they are just going to see $60 for a rematch of a snoozer of a main event. At the same time, Im not sure who the fuck else Jones fights other than Johnny Walker.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
and Dana doesn't want a rematch.

There's no point, Santos never came close to finishing. And history has shown how Bones and rematches go. He and J/W dissects all information, add tools and then Bones decimates the opponent.

One trip to the ground with Santos and that shit is done.

Santos is 36 and just fubared his knee to the point where he'll lose close to 1,5 years until he'll be back on a card again.

And the chances he'll come back better or even the same after that type of injury? Slim to none.