• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The Jones and DC fights are the kind of battles you don't really recover from like Rory/Robbie

Sad to see him washed

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think he just let him "beating" Jones, which I think he did, go to his head and he never evolved. He thought he was the rightful champ but forgot to fight like it.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
That long time out literally ended Gus's career. He rusted harder than any fighter ever has, younger Gus would have destroyed Smith.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
How was Gus ranked above Smith ?

Honestly , dude was an overrated injury prone flop imo. Good job putting up a good performance against a peak coked out Jones. Otherwise he ain't shit, the best fighters he actually beat was over the hill Shogun and Texiera ...let's think about that for a second.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
How was Gus ranked above Smith ?

Honestly , dude was an overrated injury prone flop imo. Good job putting up a good performance against a peak coked out Jones. Otherwise he ain't shit, the best fighters he actually beat was over the hill Shogun and Texiera ...let's think about that for a second.

I mean, Anthony Smith's biggest wins were really over the hill Shogun and Rashad, and Volkan, who is probably on the same level as the likes of Jan Blachowicz and 2017 Glover if we're being honest.

Also because light heavyweight is such a trash division that everyone outside of Jones and DC are useless.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Gus fought once in 2017 where he beat Glover then got absolutely worked by Jones as his only fight in 2018

Smith at least destroyed 3 dudes in 2018 then put up a not as awful of a performance against Jones.

Gus being #2 was a joke regardless of how shitty that division is.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bad week for 205 jobbers:
Gus retired,
Manuwa retired,
King Mo retired.

King Mo will always be remembered for popularizing the term "Moneyweight" when asked what weight he prefers to fight.
KingMoEstherLin-646x400.jpg

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to think of what King Mo's biggest win was. A washed-up Rampage maybe?
Going by current importance, probably Gegard Mousasi?
Mo was always a dude for me that I liked more because of his personality then the fighting.
Good on the radio too.

AND he is a great example for a doing a "Hendricks", a good wrestler that falls in love with his Boxing and then falls off.
(he also tested positiveness for an anabolic steroid)

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of what King Mo's biggest win was. A washed-up Rampage maybe?

Beating Gegard for the Strikeforce title. As terrible as the fight was, and even though it's most notable for breaking the record of least fucks given by the sport's most infamously frugal fuck-giver, Mousasi was considered the best LHW outside of UFC and looked at as a contender for best in the world at the time. Sure we reevaluated that ranking after we all realized Mousasi might not have realized takedowns are a legal technique, but that fight made Mo's career.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going by current importance, probably Gegard Mousasi?
Mo was always a dude for me that I liked more because of his personality then the fighting.
Good on the radio too.

AND he is a great example for a doing a "Hendricks", a good wrestler that falls in love with his Boxing and then falls off.
(he also tested positiveness for an anabolic steroid)
Beating Gegard for the Strikeforce title. As terrible as the fight was, and even though it's most notable for breaking the record of least fucks given by the sport's most infamously frugal fuck-giver, Mousasi was considered the best LHW outside of UFC and looked at as a contender for best in the world at the time. Sure we reevaluated that ranking after we all realized Mousasi might not have realized takedowns are a legal technique, but that fight made Mo's career.
I honestly forgot those two even fought each other. That's definitely a bigger name than his Rampage win.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poirier has almost zero chance, right? I mean he's smart and a finisher, so maybe he can clock Khabib during a transition?

I'd go fucking nuts if he pulled off the upset.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
is dustin a better striker than conor?
if not, he has almost zero chances.

he knows jujitsu but i don't think that can help against the wrestling and sheer strengh of khabib.

he probably has more power (debatable) but he is not precise like mcnuggets.

i know that mma math doesn't work like that, but still...

Last edited:

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tony beats Cowboy, Khabib beats Dustin and there's a chance they finally fight on the NYE card.

🙏

Oct 27, 2017
So AJ Agazarm is set to fight a guy I used to train with, Jacob. Dude is all together 4-6. All those wins were as an amatuer fighter, hasn't won a pro bought. Makes me laugh because AJ talked so much mess when it came to denying jiu jitsu fights yet here he is in bellator taking gimmie fight, against a complete random.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cejudo vs moraes, what is you pick.

I root for moraes but i think cejudo take the win.
I really have no idea who to pick for that fight. Moraes seems to have settled in and become a killer again, and he should theoretically be the bigger fighter, but Cejudo is coming off of beating two dominant champs in a row. It's 50/50.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
So AJ Agazarm is set to fight a guy I used to train with, Jacob. Dude is all together 4-6. All those wins were as an amatuer fighter, hasn't won a pro bought. Makes me laugh because AJ talked so much mess when it came to denying jiu jitsu fights yet here he is in bellator taking gimmie fight, against a complete random.
AJ only has a job because either Nick or Nate corners his fights.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know Henry Cejudo has an Olympic Gold medal?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Did you know Henry Cejudo has an Olympic Gold medal?

He wants to be th greatest of all time because he has a gold medal?
Two belts is an achievement but hes acting like he already won the belt.

His interviews and all have made me root against him.
Let him lose he can keep that Gold medal.
Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to ask Henry Cejudo if he has a gold medal
And then say the only reason he has that Gold is because Tony wasnt competing. Followed by claiming the medal for himself.

Followup question:
Whats the Gold medal for?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I'll anklepick your Gold medal

#ChampShitOnly 💯 #snapintuit us🏆mx

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Tough choice between Moraes vs Cejudo. It's 50/50 for me too. But I bet y'all didn't know Cejudo has an Olympic Gold Medal.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
He wants to be th greatest of all time because he has a gold medal?
Two belts is an achievement but hes acting like he already won the belt.

His interviews and all have made me root against him.
Let him lose he can keep that Gold medal.

And then say the only reason he has that Gold is because Tony wasnt competing. Followed by claiming the medal for himself.

Followup question:
Whats the Gold medal for?
But how kevin lee fit into a gold medal discussion?

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Ferguson 200 @ 1.67
Kattar 200 @ 1.66
Wineland 150 @ 1.73

Some good live bet opportunities for this card too.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Glad the judges weren't convinced with the nothing takedowns from JoJo in 2 and 3. Spells trouble for Cejudo.