• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly expecting Cormier to retire at this point, it seemed like he was a bit of a way off from recovering himself and at 40 he'll only start slowing down from here.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
DC just retire man

How unsatisfying would it be to lose to Stipe and then retire like 4 months after you said you were going to

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be so satisfying if DC beat Jones at HW, but that shithead Jones doesn't deserve the opportunity.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm also in camp "just retire already DC".
No benefit in fighting Stipe outside of dollars. Have Stipe and the winner of Ngannou/JDS fight for the vacant belt.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Its easy to say these guys should just retire. I'm all for guys calling it quits when they just don't have it anymore, but DC by all accounts is still on the top of his game. This is probably going to be the last time he gets to do the thing he loves doing for the rest of this life. Even if he loses I don't think it blemishes his legacy.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its easy to say these guys should just retire. I'm all for guys calling it quits when they just don't have it anymore, but DC by all accounts is still on the top of his game. This is probably going to be the last time he gets to do the thing he loves doing for the rest of this life. Even if he loses I don't think it blemishes his legacy.

Well... just look at all the 40 something MMA dudes out there.
They fight until they "dont have it anymore"
- They lose.
- They don't want to go out like that though. So they keep fighting.
- Maybe they win again. "OH SHIT I AM WINNING! LETS GET THIS BITCH GOING!"
- And then lose again etc.

GSP is pretty much the only guy that was on top and (so far) was able to do it right.

I thought DC, with his smarts AND his plan to retire for his birthday could be another guy.
DC is also one of the only ones that has legit skills as a host.

So as a fan, you want to see the perfect ending. And beating Stipe a second time / getting KO'd by him is not the one.
And I would also bet that he would return after a loss.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think DC is stupid enough to keep going once he finally loses to a guy that isn't Jones.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll find out soon enough, now that Brock is confirmed to be out of the picture.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Burgos was just too big for him and fought smart.

Someone scored that 30-27 for Cub, what the fuck.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Bisping taking the wrassling playbook here by not burying the talent. Dancing around calling Elias (and to a lesser extent Brunson) trash was more interesting than the fight itself.

Can't believe that was a fucking comain even on a small arctic circle card like this.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Big shots from Al

Those leg kicks are mounting up though

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Al looks less hurt from the landed shots than Cowboy does.