• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a look at Whittakers facebook, he started mat training last week.

Also, looks like he's going to be regularly twitch streaming on Saturdays lol.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he had that sponsorship with Bethesda so he's probably going to play the latest Bethesda games. Probably going to be playing FO76 and ESO his with viewers (if he gets enough viewers that is).

Mighty Mouse gets about 10-100s of viewers the last time I watched his stream.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
UFC 239

Bones x Thiago Santos

Holm x Nunes

There were Bones Stipe rumors swirling and was the better fight imo but looks like they settled on Santos

Also

Marlon Moraes x Henry Cejudo for vacant 135 title

Woodley x Lawler II

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017

Watch this video.

Luke breaks down the UFC's deal with ESPN+.

UFC is guaranteed about 500,000 buys in PPV sales $$ in licensing fees from ESPN+, then if it sells a certain threshold it gets a cut too. To simplify, every PPV will be selling 500k, but paid from ESPN in licensing fees.

Basically, UFC is getting paid no matter how PPVs do. Even big daddy conor has little leverage when the UFC is receiving these massive licensing fees.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Santos doesn't rest on his laurels like Smith.

The only way these LHWs under Jones have a chance is to take the fight to him and hope for the upset. I don't need to see Jon beat on a poor guy for 5 rounds.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I just hope Santos doesn't rest on his laurels like Smith.

The only way these LHWs under Jones have a chance is to take the fight to him and hope for the upset. I don't need to see Jon beat on a poor guy for 5 rounds.
Easy to say when you aren't getting punched in the face.

I know steroids, and general piece of shit, but he's a good fighter when it's all said and done. He neutralizes strengths and pulls you into his game. Most of the division isn't honestly good enough to dictate the pace.

I don't expect Santos to do well. We shall see, this has been a year of upsets so far.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
So DJ could have stayed if the profit is guaranteed from ESPN. We're also gonna see more main events like Schevchenko v Eubanks. Not fun.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I know Borg is dealing with a lot regarding his son, but c'mon dude.

He went up in weight and still managed to miss. That's Rumble Johnson-esque lol

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Easy to say when you aren't getting punched in the face.

I know steroids, and general piece of shit, but he's a good fighter when it's all said and done. He neutralizes strengths and pulls you into his game. Most of the division isn't honestly good enough to dictate the pace.

I don't expect Santos to do well. We shall see, this has been a year of upsets so far.
Exactly. And he's not one to crack under pressure. He's taken shots and maintained composure. He's never been knocked out. I can barely recall any knockdowns, even. I hate him, but he's talented, composed, smart with an even smarter team in his corner (namely Jackson who is seemingly done with most MMA outside of Jones), sticks to gameplans but adjusts properly.

He's a scary fight for anyone. Marty-level wrestling, or a puncher's chance is your best shot. A puncher's chance against a smart, lengthy fighter. Yeaaaaah.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Askren - Masvidal is a bad matchup for the disillusioned pirate but there is really no one else in the top 10 for him.
Usman vs Askren is also pretty interesting and Askren with a belt would be the most hilarious outcome and I would love
to see Dana put the belt on him in the ring.

Is 170 the division where the wrestlers are the most dominant in terms of belt reign?
Hughes/GSP/Hendricks - Lawler excemption - Woodley/Usman all very heavy on the wrestling.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Exactly. And he's not one to crack under pressure. He's taken shots and maintained composure. He's never been knocked out. I can barely recall any knockdowns, even. I hate him, but he's talented, composed, smart with an even smarter team in his corner (namely Jackson who is seemingly done with most MMA outside of Jones), sticks to gameplans but adjusts properly.

He's a scary fight for anyone. Marty-level wrestling, or a puncher's chance is your best shot. A puncher's chance against a smart, lengthy fighter. Yeaaaaah.
He out wrestled Cormier, who is on par with Askren in the wrestling department. And I kind of think a punchers chance is dumb to bet on, I mean that's like what every fighter outside of maybe Askren has.

Honestly there are two things that will beat Jones. Father time, in the future, or himself right now.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Askren - Masvidal is a bad matchup for the disillusioned pirate but there is really no one else in the top 10 for him.
Usman vs Askren is also pretty interesting and Askren with a belt would be the most hilarious outcome and I would love
to see Dana put the belt on him in the ring.

Is 170 the division where the wrestlers are the most dominant in terms of belt reign?
Hughes/GSP/Hendricks - Lawler excemption - Woodley/Usman all very heavy on the wrestling.
How many champs don't have a solid wrestling base these days? Even if it's not collegiate or offensive, it's necessary to have it as a threat and/or keeping the fight where you want it (a la Woodley). Max is the only male standout, really, and his TD def is over 80%. (Whitaker's is even higher). Look at the rest. DC, Jones, Cejudo, Usman, Khabib.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many champs don't have a solid wrestling base these days? Even if it's not collegiate or offensive, it's necessary to have it as a threat and/or keeping the fight where you want it (a la Woodley). Max is the only male standout, really, and his TD def is over 80%. (Whitaker's is even higher). Look at the rest. DC, Jones, Cejudo, Usman, Khabib.
I think he was pointing out the history of the WW division rather than all the modern champions of various weight classes.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I agree. Just thought it was interesting that 170 has had a lot of champs where wrestling is their main skill. Most other divisions are a bit more all over the place.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I assume Casey Kenney won't take the forfeiture from Borg's purse for the missed weight because of Ray's well-publicised issues with his son

or maybe I'm way off base and Borg is just completely unprofessional and deserves to lose the 30%

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume Casey Kenney won't take the forfeiture from Borg's purse for the missed weight because of Ray's well-publicised issues with his son

or maybe I'm way off base and Borg is just completely unprofessional and deserves to lose the 30%

He missed weight like 3 times at 125. Then goes up to 135 and then misses weight again? There's more wrong with his cut than just his size.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
mNsg500.jpg