• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
This isn't turning out to be an exciting event on it's Sky Sports UK debut. MVP and Daley gotta bring it surely.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out MVP isn't that impressive when he's not fighting tomato cans who walk right into his strikes.

I think anybody else in this tourney waxes this dude.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
MVP is one of those fighters where people froth at the mouth waiting to say "I told you so!". I'm sure none of the naysayers picked him to beat Daley, who honestly just embarrassed himself out there.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quietly hoping for an MVP vs. Fitch final so some of you can question your mixed martial fandom.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MVP is one of those fighters where people froth at the mouth waiting to say "I told you so!". I'm sure none of the naysayers picked him to beat Daley, who honestly just embarrassed himself out there.
He's a good fighter, just overhyped. His weaknesses came out in this fight. Average grappling, TDD, and not much of an answer once he's taken down. He's the classic flashy standup fighter that's extremely vulnerable to a good ol' wrestlefucking. Put aside the flash and you're left with something of a poor man's Wonder Boy.

I could see him as Bellator champ if he gets the right matchups, but it's only a matter of time until someone beats him and makes it look it easy.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
This is Bellator. MVP will win 3-2.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. Page was exposed as being one dimensional.

I don't know by "was exposed" - everyone knows Page is a lanky point karate fighter - the fact he's a "puzzle" is that no one has successfully held him down and made him do anything beyond trying to get him to scramble up (which is essentially his entire ground game). He has barely evolved since his debut.

The same thing was being said about Lyoto Machida - and look what happened to him.

All it takes is an actual world class grappler to clinch, take him down and that's it. He'll be toast in minutes - and if Lima gets within range, that'll be the way his next fight goes down.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to know that I did not miss anything yesterday.

Looking forward to today but can't decide who I'm rooting for.
Cain is just a pile of bandages and Ngannou has such a clear weakness that I'm not sure I want him to make
another run either.

Gonna root for Kron just because of how cool Rickson is.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to know that I did not miss anything yesterday.

Looking forward to today but can't decide who I'm rooting for.
Cain is just a pile of bandages and Ngannou has such a clear weakness that I'm not sure I want him to make
another run either.

Gonna root for Kron just because of how cool Rickson is.
Rooting for Cain has just been rooting for inevitable injury disappointment for ages now. Wish he and Cruz would just retire already.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Had a good first round to be fair. Sanders adjusted well and Barao couldn't take the shots and got KO'd hard early in the 2nd.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO @ Aljo talking about how being on ESPN is this huge opportunity to become known and grow their brand. And here he is... putting on this clunker of a fight.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I thought this was going to be too much too soon for Aljo but he is handling Rivera.

Maybe it's time to leave Tiger Schulman.