• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Bader walks through Rampage in 2019. Page is more washed than Fedor.

Rampage still has his chin. I GUARANTEE Bader will Bitch out like everyone else and STILL spam take downs and just lay on top and won't finish the fight.

If he starts believing in his stand up and tries to stand with Rampage... then Rampage has his chance. Sure Rampage's reflexes aren't what they used to be, but he still has a good chance.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine putting on a tournament with eight old-ass fighters and getting them all to fight up to three times in one year, and none of them has to pull out with injury.

That's a Bellator miracle as far as I'm concerned.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Um.... Scott Coker ran both the SF and this Bellator Tournament.

It's hard to find enough legit Heavyweights outside of the UFC in 2018-19.
It's not only this tournament, but the product as a whole. Some of the UFC's best talent came straight from Strikeforce. DC, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, WMMA, and a few of the veteran HWs that had been everywhere.

Bellator is so bush league in comparison. Biggest events are all washed fighters.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Still don't know why Bellator didn't go hard for someone with legitimacy like Rumble.

I have to imagine he still has fights on his contract or something, because putting your company on Fedor in the year of our lord 2019 is laughable.

Coker pretty much built the modern UFC. Now it's like damn homie. You used to be the man, homie.

What the fuck happened to him.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't know why Bellator didn't go hard for someone with legitimacy like Rumble.

I have to imagine he still has fights on his contract or something, because putting your company on Fedor in the year of our lord 2019 is laughable.

Coker pretty much built the modern UFC. Now it's like damn homie. You used to be the man, homie.

What the fuck happened to him.

Rumble retired. I'm not sure if he officially signed retirement papers or not, but in sports, if you have time/events left on a contract, there's a retirement provision usually where some lesser money goes to the athlete from the organization or an insurer. This was a voluntary early retirement, not one that was medically necessitated.

Anyway, there would be things in his contract preventing him from "retiring" then going to another org. Also, retirement would be something recongnised by sanctioning/licensing bodies.

Rumble has talked about coming back, but he's kinda been wishy-washy on it.

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/anthony-johnson-explains-why-retired-mma-bodybuilding/

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
It's not only this tournament, but the product as a whole. Some of the UFC's best talent came straight from Strikeforce. DC, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, WMMA, and a few of the veteran HWs that had been everywhere.

Bellator is so bush league in comparison. Biggest events are all washed fighters.

This is what Scott does best though.... You come to watch these named fighters with history...and you stay for fighters like AJ Mckee, MVP, ahem....Aaron Pico.....and other youngsters/future stars.

He did this in Strikeforce as well. And did such a great job, the UFC felt the need to buy them out.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty hilarious watching Fedor get one punch KO'd by Ryan Bader of all people.

Shame that the Pico hypetrain is stopped indefinitely. I was ragging on him after his debut but he had a nice little run and was hoping he'd at least work his way up to a Chandler fight.

This HWGP was a joke but looking forward to the rest of the MW tourney.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Had to go to bed early last night. Woke up in a world where Ryan Bader KO'd Fedor.

2019 has been fucking weird, man.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Conor got 6 months and a $50k fine

Khabib got 9 months and a $500k fine

So I guess those hopes of a Khabib fight before Ramadan are gone then

Either strip Khabib and give Ferguson [and Poirier] a fight for the title or give Tony an interim title shot.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Conor got 6 months and a $50k fine

Khabib got 9 months and a $500k fine

So I guess those hopes of a Khabib fight before Ramadan are gone then

Either strip Khabib and give Ferguson [and Poirier] a fight for the title or give Tony an interim title shot.

Khabib can get it reduced to 6 months with an anti bullying thing and it's retroactive.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Khabib can get it reduced to 6 months with an anti bullying thing and it's retroactive.
Khabib is stubborn enough to tell them to screw with the anti-bulling PSA.

Not expecting to see Khabib in the octagon again until July/August at earliest.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
That must mean he intends on fighting before May which is good news, I guess.

Also, imagine losing $750k out of your pocket over fucking Conor...

Hopefully we get Khabib/Ferguson and Conor/Cowboy on the same card, I don't think Conor would be on board fighting on the same event though.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What a load of bollocks, UFC is no better than most backwards high school teachers. They see the victim of bullying fight back and punish them more than the bully themselves.

I mean look at the whole Conor fiasco with the bus incident and the utter lack of any real punishment against him.

Same goes with Jon Jones, the UFC REALLY has some blatant favortism for both of these fighters and it really pisses me off.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Nevada is taking it upon themselves to test Jones 2-3 times for the next 40 days. After that, they'll coordinate with USADA and VADA to try to make sure he is tested twice a month for all of 2019. Threatened that if he backs out or doesn't go through with it for the full year, he'll be denied a Nevada license for life

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
I shit you not, I got a notification on my phone from the espn app that lobov was released

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Nevada is taking it upon themselves to test Jones 2-3 times for the next 40 days. After that, they'll coordinate with USADA and VADA to try to make sure he is tested twice a month for all of 2019. Threatened that if he backs out or doesn't go through with it for the full year, he'll be denied a Nevada license for life

I mean it doesn't really matter when he is allowed to fail tests now because of this pulse rubbish.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Khabib is stubborn enough to tell them to screw with the anti-bulling PSA.
giphy.gif
Great, the division is on hold again.
He needs to be stripped if this is really how he intends to conduct himself. Give him a fight with the winner of Tony/Poirier when he's ready to stop sulking.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't find a Martial Arts/Fighting as hobby thread on here so I assume this is the best place to post this.

I signed up for Muay Thai for the first time, but I need shin guards. However, the only place around me that sells shin guards os Dick's which has only these.

Will these do or is it better to shell out $70 for a quality pair?

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there was one, had a strange title so hard to find.

Anyway, I haven't trained anything in decades due to a busted back, but safe advice is not to spend on the best gear until you know you're going to stick with it.