• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This motherfucking scumbag told this woman to sit down and shut up and for someone to take the mic from her. Just because she called out the UFC for hypocrisy.

Anyone who's a fan of this guy is a complete scumbag.
She was asking a question that was already completely addressed by the entire preceding conversation. She was trying to say that Jon should be suspended for 2 years for this test because Frank Mir got suspended for 2 years for a different situation. Jon already served his suspension for taking the T-Bol. Even if you take the cynical position that USADA and Novitsky are blowing their reputations and performing a massive coverup, the framing of her question showed a complete misunderstanding of the situation, as well as a lack of attention paid to every single word said in the presser before she asked it, as well as a lack of attention paid to everything else known about the situation leading up to the presser.

That said, Jones was being harsh and the optics on it were bad, but the question was tonedeaf as all hell.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
She was asking a question that was already completely addressed by the entire preceding conversation. She was trying to say that Jon should be suspended for 2 years for this test because Frank Mir got suspended for 2 years for a different situation. Jon already served his suspension for taking the T-Bol. Even if you take the cynical position that USADA and Novitsky are blowing their reputations and performing a massive coverup, the framing of her question showed a complete misunderstanding of the situation, as well as a lack of attention paid to every single word said in the presser before she asked it, as well as a lack of attention paid to everything else known about the situation leading up to the presser.

I don't give a fuck. Nothing justifies bullying a woman like that.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for that fairytale ending after that press conference. Jones gets finished, and then gets banned from the UFC shortly after. That would be the most satisfying thing I've witnessed in MMA in 2 decades. 20 years all for this moment. I need it to happen. Just so I can see Jon Jones cry because I know this cunt will cry if that happens. There was a moment in the press conference where it looked like he was on the verge of tears after he kept getting pressed about the steroid issue, but nobody pushed him when it looked like he was near, and he was allowed to recover.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Watching Dana and Jon talk down to that woman was like watching a white house press conference. And what the hell at all the people booing her?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

I expect a lot of stuff to go down after this UFC. Seems like the people who know shit are fed up.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I expect a lot of stuff to go down after this UFC. Seems like the people who know shit are fed up.

You're putting a lot of faith in the hack mma journalist world. If anyone credible knew something they'd have said it by now. But they don't because Dana has the industry by the balls. Y'all are gonna be sorely disappointed if you are expecting this to be some watershed moment instead of business as usual come Saturday night. Remember how many fighters were pissed about Conor and the bus incident? Remember how exactly nothing happened as a result of that?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
You're putting a lot of faith in the hack mma journalist world. If anyone credible knew something they'd have said it by now. But they don't because Dana has the industry by the balls. Y'all are gonna be sorely disappointed if you are expecting this to be some watershed moment instead of business as usual come Saturday night. Remember how many fighters were pissed about Conor and the bus incident? Remember how exactly nothing happened as a result of that?

Eh, I guess I'm optimistic then.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I guess I'm optimistic then.

I think we're way past the point of no return with this stuff. The UFC controls the sport, and the UFC doesn't give a fuck about credibility. And most MMA journalists are either hacks that reside firmly up Dana's ass or guys that are probably too scared of crossing Dana. Drug testing in MMA is about as credible as drug testing in WWE. The stars are going to get preferential treatment. And so long as the power structure remains what it is, that 's probably not going to change. I've been saying, a large majority of the general public still see this as human cock fighting, and don't hold it to the same standard as the NBA/MLB/NFL/NCAA and that's the biggest problem.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prizefighting has always been a shady business, just hoped that more eyes on and money in the sport would lead to better fighters and better fights, not this clownshow.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Cormier relinquished the LHW belt rather than have it stripped to hand back to a three-times-caught drug cheat

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/25633875/daniel-cormier-relinquish-ufc-light-heavyweight-title

"I am not going to be stripped of the belt that I've defended with my all for three and a half years. Being stripped of a title suggests you've done something wrong, and I haven't.

I'd rather walk away this way, with my head held high as it always has been, than have the history books say I was stripped. I've defended this title this year. I was approached with the idea of fighting at heavyweight, so I took it. I fought three times in 2018. No champion has been more active than me. I am the fighter of the year. My story and my legacy will not include me being stripped of a title. They can have it."

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
If he believed he could best Jon he would tell him to take the belt but he knows deep down he can't beat Bones.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Not mine.

picogram_zps8rwbkodc.jpg

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Penn isn't going to be able to talk by the time he's 50 right?

Yeah and the fight could be ugly as well. Hall is not afraid to win by margins of activity so he could just jab jab and win the same way he won against Gray Maynard.
So BJ loses another fight where he looked like a walking ghost
OR if all his prayers get answered and he gets some weird one in a million TKO, what the fuck does that mean for his understanding that he should have
retired ages ago? Similliar to Shogun for me in terms of painful to watch in either outcome.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and the fight could be ugly as well. Hall is not afraid to win by margins of activity so he could just jab jab and win the same way he won against Gray Maynard.
OR if all his prayers get answered and he gets some weird one in a million TKO, what the fuck does that mean for his understanding that he should have
retired ages ago? Similliar to Shogun for me in terms of painful to watch in either outcome.
shogun, at his worst, is a million times more impressive than bj at his

:(

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shogun just showed Tyson Pedro what a scrub he his. No way in hell can BJ do the same in 2018.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I'll skip the fight

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Really want Jones to lose tonight but I can see him getting a decision victory smh...I'm just done with him now.

Cyborg Vs Nunes is a toss up but should be exciting either way!

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Really want Jones to lose tonight but I can see him getting a decision victory smh...I'm just done with him now.

Cyborg Vs Nunes is a toss up but should be exciting either way!

I too want Jones to lose, but I dont actually see that happening.
He should just accept his heel status and go full heel, probably sell more PPVs if people actively want him to lose and tune in hoping for the best.

Cyborg takes Nunes.
It wont be as one sided as most of her matches, but i doubt she loses a round if it goes the distance.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious if Penn will follow Hall to the ground.