• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luke Thomas twisting himself in knots doing mental gymnastics right now trying to defend Jon Jones.

Basically saying drug testing is all fucked up and makes no sense, nothing is consistent, and we can't be mad at Jon because of that. Lol.

Reddit predicted him wiggling around this issue, did I miss Thomas being enamoured with Jones?
I thought they had beef because he had talked trash about him years ago, is this his version of backpaddling?

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Thomas doesn't care about PED's in the sport, this is something he's reiterated numerous times.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
This is true, but Jones has popped for tbol and clomid and ended up serving shorter (or no) bans than fighters who've failed for things that are on the list but aren't really PEDs, like Machida (or Diaz). He's not an example of anything other than preferential treatment under this system.

Yeah, but he's the best proof we have that it's a completely busted system that Luke already favors getting rid of.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that has taken PEDs....that excuse is really hard to believe. I don't think I've ever heard of this happening ever and I don't believe any of it.

I'd prefer they just get rid of testing altogether.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone that has taken PEDs....that excuse is really hard to believe. I don't think I've ever heard of this happening ever and I don't believe any of it.

I'd prefer they just get rid of testing altogether.

Please! USADA is the worst thing to happen to the sport, specially because it was driven by the TRT era backlash and fear from UFC brass about someone getting hurt by a guy that popped. Its time to move on.

I feel bad for everyone who had tickets originally :( I thought I had it bad by having tickets to 223 and having the dolly incident kill two fights, then a third fight was sacrificed to fill a fighter in for Khabib when Tony and then Max pulled out (Paul Felder was originally to fight Al Iaquinta, which would have been a FUCKING BANGER too!). That week was such a rollercoaster of emotion :(

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
listened to this earlier...pretty much agreed with the majority of what he was saying.

Jeff Novitzky is On Joe Rogans podcast now doing damage control lol...

Been listening. Probably the most pathetic display of shilling I've ever seen from Rogan. This is just sad, he said "folks you have to stop saying he's cheating!"

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
To be honest, what Jeff is saying is making a lot more sense than what the majority of the knee-jerk reactions I've heard. I tend to believe the info Jeff has from the experts here and I'm giving Jon Jones the benefit of the doubt at this time.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UFC 232 presser starting in a moment at the Marriott hotel right by LAX. Could be a circus.

Jean Valjean

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After Jones utterly DESTROYED my favorite fighter, Shogun, it took me a while, but now i've seen the light: Jon Jones is the GOAT, there's nothing we can do so we better embrace it. I for one welcome our overlord Jon Bones Jones.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL @ the voiceover guy announcing the fighters in this presser. Also LOL at the techno remix of Lux Aeterna playing in the background.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
You couldn't write this shit...

75ne7yx60w621.png

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
JBJ is so dumb. Gus is saying Jones is not confident in his clean body, so he takes drugs to get an upper hand. He just can't understand that.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
This motherfucking scumbag told this woman to sit down and shut up and for someone to take the mic from her. Just because she called out the UFC for hypocrisy.

Anyone who's a fan of this guy is a complete scumbag.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it was possible to have a more embarrassing shitshow of a press conference than Khabib/Conor but here we go.