• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Super interesting move honestly. I can see it making a lot of sense for a yearly franchise, since you want a bigger base to repeat purchase, rather than to motivate console sales.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
I have to assume MLB is paying for this development, RBI sucks and nobody buys it anyways, just spend that money on paying Sony.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm sure the Sony San Diego team is happy about this.

More people get to play it. Likely higher sales and revenue. Keep play pool bases even higher for longer.

It's a win-win-win really.

I guess, funny enough - it was because MLB The Show that I bought a PS3 back in the day. But in the large scale of things I don't think it'll matter too much.

Oct 25, 2017
It's either what the poster said about them stripping the license unless it goes multiplatform, or they gave Sony the license fully, meaning no one else can produce licensed baseball games (like we see with Madden and the NFL).

I would bet a lot of money on the latter if I could. There is virtually no chance that MLB would have been fine with only RBI Baseball out there as the single licensed MLB product.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will allow San Diego to experiment with different games. Or will they just continue focusing on The Show.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BETTER TOGETHER.

eVyOdMf.jpg

Congrats Xbox owners. You finally getting in.

Is this a fan graphic or is it part of Minecraft marketing push or something

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
This is good news it needs to happen especially for the MLB brand, baseball is already a tough sport to market nowadays and the game being limited to one console definitely hurts a lot of sales for these developers.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
It's either what the poster said about them stripping the license unless it goes multiplatform, or they gave Sony the license fully, meaning no one else can produce licensed baseball games (like we see with Madden and the NFL).

i mean the latter is not likely, theres no other game in town.. scratch that country for Sony to worry about.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The concept of consoles as we know it is melting before our very eyes. It's crazy what has changed this generation.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played one of these since PS3 but I've always enjoyed them. Will be back for PC version.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome series, even if you are not a baseball fan, Road to the Show is worth it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool, tried out the game from PS Plus and I realized I wasn't a fan, but I could definitely see the quality in it so I hope people who don't have a Playstation system can enjoy the series.

If it comes to PC, I want to see a Blernsball mod!

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MLB The Show is the best baseball franchise since World Series Baseball. I'm so hyped for this. This was a major reason why I bought the PS3 and PS4. Hell, my nephew is getting a PS4 for christmas just for MLB The Show.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In 5 or so years a lot of Sony games are going to be on PC and people are going to have to stan software not hardware

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if mlb gave sony a choice put the game on other platforms or lose the licences
The Show reviews well, sells great, and is the only game that pays for the MLB License (MLB bought a developer and started making RBI Baseball this gen because there was no Baseball games for Xbox). Why would MLB tell the only people paying money for the license that they can't do it anymore?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know a lot of Xbox only gamers that are going to be pretty thrilled about this

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Now we need Nintendo games on PlayStation and Xbox to complete the circle

Last edited: