• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/store/countdown-to-launch/mlb-the-show-19/

Sony has a Countdown to Launch giveaway going on for MLB The Show 19's launch next week and you can get codes for a free theme, 10 standard packs, and 1,000 stubs to give you a little boost for launch. It's available while supplies last, the codes are for US/CA PSN accounts only, and the codes expire 3/31/20.

There is also a sweepstakes at the bottom that starts tomorrow to give away 10 codes for 67,500 stubs.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
have they shown off any franchise mode improvements for this game yet? haven't been keeping up.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting! I'll gladly take 10 packs to get a whole bunch of 40 rated relief pitchers! Woop!

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
have they shown off any franchise mode improvements for this game yet? haven't been keeping up.
Not sure since I haven't followed everything they've put out. I know Road to the Show has some big new things to it that I'm excited to check out since that's my main mode.

I did just find out they do Twitch drops for MLB The Show 19 for tuning into their streams, which is a weird thing for a baseball game to do.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

It seems the only improvement or change they've added is you can do in season contract extensions. Game mode got no love and they've had to kinda do some damage control once people realized there was nothing new based off the stream they had.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure since I haven't followed everything they've put out. I know Road to the Show has some big new things to it that I'm excited to check out since that's my main mode.

I did just find out they do Twitch drops for MLB The Show 19 for tuning into their streams, which is a weird thing for a baseball game to do.
It seems the only improvement or change they've added is you can do in season contract extensions. Game mode got no love and they've had to kinda do some damage control once people realized there was nothing new based off the stream they had.
hmm thanks guys. will probably stay away this year. then again I told myself that last year as well too. lol

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
target shipped my game early. i am so happy to report that they have fixed hitting. no more weak line drives. they all have a pop to them. i even managed to hit a couple over Mookie Bett's head. last year was so goddamn frustrating because you could have perfect contact and timing and still hit a weak ground ball. this year feels so much better already.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I do think having literally the exact same home menu as last year's game gives off kind of a bad first impression.

Like maybe that's not the best way to fight the stigma of sports games just being yearly roster updates.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is legit in 4K. No stuttering except during closeups. I think they render the pitching meter in a lower res so it doesn't hiccup like in the past.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I guess now is the time to sell any good Diamond Dynasty cards that are worth something while they're scarce, right?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm jealous of people who have the game already, I pick mine up in the morning

Can't wait to open packs and get nothing :p

Dunno who to pick as my special edition diamond. Joe Carter because I'm a Jays fan or go with Kendall because he is a catcher, Rickey because he's the best leadoff hitter ever or Feller or Wood

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't bought an mlb the show game since 2011, looking forward to getting back in!

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Game is legit in 4K. No stuttering except during closeups. I think they render the pitching meter in a lower res so it doesn't hiccup like in the past.
Hmm, might because it was installing but I noticed frame drops during the transition from hitting to fielding. I even dropped it down to 1080p mode but it didn't appear to make much difference, so hopefully it will be better once the game is installed.

ukas

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might because it was installing but I noticed frame drops during the transition from hitting to fielding. I even dropped it down to 1080p mode but it didn't appear to make much difference, so hopefully it will be better once the game is installed.
I was getting drops as well. Balanced works great for me with a solid 60FPS.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Sorry for the bump but the game is out and there's still no OT to be seen... I'd gladly post one myself but I don't have thread rights.
Anyone who'd be kind enough to do so?