• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
woot. game 7 tomorrow... baring an electrical failure to grant my wish.

Come on Nats. do something that has never been done before. Make it so a home team doesn't win a single world series game.
Wonder how many innings the Nats will get from Scherzer tomorrow
if he pitches he will either go less than 1 or 8. I don't really expect much middle ground with him :P

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao of course the Astros have to rely on pitch tipping to hit anything. As soon as the Nats figured it out they didn't really touch Strasburg at all.

Because I know I'll get asked how I know, Strasburg said in the postgame that they realized he was tipping his pitches after the first so he started shaking his glove to throw them off. Obviously worked.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao of course the Astros have to rely on pitch tipping to hit anything. As soon as the Nats figured it out they didn't really touch Strasburg at all.

Because I know I'll get asked how I know, Strasburg said in the postgame that they realized he was tipping his pitches after the first so he started shaking his glove to throw them off. Obviously worked.
Nah he just threw better pitches. His location got better as the game went on.

This has been a good series, but terrible games. This is the probably the weirdest World Series I've ever seen.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Wow, Strasburg just said he was tipping pitches in the 1st. Astros can't score without it, lol

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah he just threw better pitches. His location got better as the game went on.

This has been a good series, but terrible games. This is the probably the weirdest World Series I've ever seen.
There's no nah about it. He said he was tipping. Sure he left some pitches where they shouldn't have been, but if the Astros know to be sitting on a pitch, then that makes those pitches easier to hit.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
GEmZ2oZ.jpg

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Crazy how neither of these teams have won a game at home. Has there ever been a world series where both teams lost every single home game?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so.... should we actually make a world series thread now... or at least change the name of this one :P?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
What a weird fucking series.

Honestly, the Nats deserve the chip. Astros have been so bafflingly, inexcusably inconsistent this series that it's a wonder the same team even made it this far. And if Verlander so much as touches a ball in game 7, we deserve the loss.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had a solid prediction all series. This series is unpredictable. No idea who wins tonight? I'll say Nats, but Astro's will blow them out.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
If there's a god then he's all like, "look buddy, you can put babies in Kate Utpon or you can win a World Series game. You gotta pick one."

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was just gifted 4 fucking tickets to game 7 holy shit!! These tickets are from Joe goddamn Torre.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
Damn, I wish I could go to the game. My brother would be so thrilled if we got tickets. It's out of our price range of course. 😭

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I saw a stat that in something like 1,800+ post-season 7 game series that went to a game 6, none have ever had the road teams win 6 of 6. That 1,800 number included series from MLB, NBA, and NHL. The record would just extend a game if Nats win tonight, which I hope they do.

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
Same. I want the Nats to win just so this series hits maximum shenanigans. Hopefully Dave Martinez gets kicked out again and has to come out to get his trophy.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
To whoever was asking earlier, FOX had a graphic on screen showing this was the first time ever across MLB, NHL, and NBA combined 1,420 BO7 series that the road team has won the first 6 games.

*Chest thumping Mmm hmmhmm

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I obviously want the Astros to win tonight, but either way I win because I won't have to hear Joe Buck and John Smoltz for another year. They are the absolute worst in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.