• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oof, hopefully Ross can pitch a no-no into the 7th or 8th

edit: And I sure as hell don't want Max pitching Game 7

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
it's gonna be hard for the nats to get anything going on against Cole if he has an extra few inches to the strike zone both outside and up.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
And the Nats can't help but swing at everything.
They don't really have much choice. That last inning the first strike on every batter (that got at least one strike) for the nats was a called strike and wasn't in the zone.

2 was a called strike
6WBZ6nE.png

1 was a called strike
hMfrjJG.png

1 was a called strike
mA1oQ4s.png

of those maybe only the middle one was a strike as maybe a single thread of the seam was over the plate.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Nats pitcher is getting the calls outside the zone too...
It's going both ways
I just saw that single one going against the astros :P. going through the first inning the nats pitcher wasn't getting that call but cole was. and cole is just in general a better pitcher so can take advantage of that area as he can actually mean to hit it :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ump is definitely indiscriminately blind.
first inning
6 and 8 would have been strikes for cole
Qrd8bnq.png

as cole got strike one here as well in the first inning

NHY0wFF.png

as I said though, in partial defense of cole/ump cole is just putting a lot more pitches in that zone just a inch or two away from the zone.

(the rest of the strikes and balls in the first inning in general seem decent even if a few of them were borderline for the Nats.)

either way the astros have gotten like 7 extra strike calls while the nats have gotten 1 so it's very far from being fair. Bring on the robo umps.

edit:
and that should have been strike 3 from the zone we have mostly seen
5XsPQTI.png

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Sucks for the Nats. Pitchers haven't given them a chance the last 3 games. They are sucking with RISP but the pitching has been demoralizing

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for the Nats. Pitchers haven't given them a chance the last 3 games. They are sucking with RISP but the pitching has been demoralizing
for starting on short notice in the world series the Nats pitcher giving up 2 legitimate runs over 4 innings isn't too bad :P

It's way better then I expected when it was announced lol.

edit: did the ump get glasses? his zone is suddenly looking better lol.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
4*. He didn't have to throw Correa a meatball.
he struck him out earlier in that at bat already. If the ump was actually consistent that second home run didn't happen thus not really legitimate :P

let me be clear though, with how Cole is hitting his spots from what I'm seeing, 2 runs is already too much for the Nats to get past. unless cole starts missing more, which he seems like he might be a bit this inning, they aren't going to do much.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty rough for the Nats. I really thought they'd close this out in 5 games after winning the first two on the road. Looking a little grim right now.
Cole's accuracy was def lower last inning. The Nats actually might get a decent opportunity in the next inning or the one after.

granted the astros also get to eventually face the nats bullpen and put up another 4 runs when they do >.>

I wonder how many times altuve has grounded into two double plays in the same game

it says he only grounded into 19 all season. 144/5458 plat appearances in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.