• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
i can only listen on the radio but how bad was that throw to first instead of second? was it close or did they miss an easy out?
you reminded me that this is on fox so I can just watch off my antena, and then I also remembered that fox changed its frequency 3 days ago so I have to rescan everything so here's hoping that doesn't take forever.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided that

can be today's game theme :P

Either way, taking game one is already better than a lot of other teams that had a lot of rest.
Here's hoping the Nats can keep it up, but at the very least they have a world series game victory to their team history now.

Oct 27, 2017
Alright Astros, start your 4-game sweep tomorrow. That said, some of the Astros hitters look completely lost at the plate. Alvarez looks overmatched and mentally fucked right now.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
taking game 1 on the road against Cole is huge for the Nationals. congrats to them for pulling that off
it also makes most of the experts already wrong

short of cole coming out and throwing a perfect game I can't imagine he will be getting the world series MVP anymore :P

Alright Astros, start your 4-game sweep tomorrow. That said, some of the Astros hitters look completely lost at the plate. Alvarez looks overmatched and mentally fucked right now.
you can't sweep when you have already lost a game no matter how many more games you have left to play :P

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Well, drat. Sad to see offense decided to take a day off, but we only lost by 1. I'm sure they'll improve at some point before 2020. :)

Oct 27, 2017
it also makes most of the experts already wrong

short of cole coming out and throwing a perfect game I can't imagine he will be getting the world series MVP anymore :P

you can't sweep when you have already lost a game no matter how many more games you have left to play :P
That's why I said "start your 4-game sweep" meaning the next 4 so my Astros win it in 4-5 games prediction comes to fruition.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that's the Astros. They do a lot of good for this city.
Astros are the evil in this particular match up.
The Nats are the good guys (and the underdogs to root for).

Plus only one of the teams has staff defending an abuser >.>

Obviously. 🤷‍♂️

The Houston metro area has more people living in it than the DC metro area, which means they're benefiting more people, so the Astros are the "good" team in this series.

Don't question my logic.
I have to, because the Yankees are the ultimate evil and your logic would make them one of the most good teams :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I want to root for the top dogs.

Sorry era, go stros. :)
Rooting for the top dogs is so boring.

note: if you go back through the last few seasons I've mostly been rooting for the Astros and Brewers lol.
If it was the dodgers or cards in the WS against the Astros right now I would likely be rooting for the Astros. I don't have a real horse in this race, though I do like Adam Eaton so I can at least root for him on the Nats :P

If Osuna's arm falls off throwing a pitch I will be satisfied with this series no matter who wins.

what if its his non pitching arm that falls off and he can continue to pitch?

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Gerrit Cole's last loss was May 22, a 5-4 game. The Nats Nadir was on May 23.

Funny how shit seems to line up in this weird-ass game.

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK YEAH EXPOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just move the Rays to Montreal already and get it over with. It makes so much sense it probably won't happen. With the proximity to the Yankees, Red Sox, and Blue Jays they would have sellouts for all of those home games against those teams. Build them a new stadium (retractable) and get them real monetary resources to combine with one of the best run franchises in team sports. Close that basement known as the Trop forever, I won't even watch a game on TV that is being played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.