• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
I think Astros are winning this WS. All that time off is going to hurt the Nationals.

That's always the thing, right? Rest vs. Rust. Winning early is a double-edged sword.

The Nats do have some players who are prone to wearing down (especially Doolittle) when used too much, so that angle might work in their favor a little bit, but it's also basically a week off for a team what was on a 16-2 run, which is a pretty insane hot streak.

I think it's reasonable to favor the Astros in this series, based on talent alone. They had an unbelievable year, so hopefully (as a Nats fan) the Nats didn't lose much over the layoff. I have tickets to Game 3, so I'll be at the first World Series game in DC since 1933, no matter the result.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Really wish the Astros and Yankees could've both lost for taking Osuna and Chapman for cheap just because they have no scruples. It's so gross.

Taubman should be banned from the WS games this year. Not even allowed on the property. What a fuckhead.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I posted a while back that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a while back, and it's been rough ever since. Tomorrow she is scheduled for her surgery to remove the tumor in the evening, and she's really nervous because she also has heart problems.

All that said, however, she was just gifted a ticket to the WORLD SERIES! She's going to the Astros game tonight! Win one for my mom!!

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I posted a while back that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a while back, and it's been rough ever since. Tomorrow she is scheduled for her surgery to remove the tumor in the evening, and she's really nervous because she also has heart problems.

All that said, however, she was just gifted a ticket to the WORLD SERIES! She's going to the Astros game tonight! Win one for my mom!!
That's awesome. I hope everything turns out well for her.

Oct 27, 2017
Astros win this in 4-5 games. The media, etc are building the Nats up way too much and forgetting how good this Astros team really is and can be. That's not to take anything away from the Nats as they have had a really good season if a bit of a roller-coaster but this ain't the Cards they'll be playing tonight.

Nats beat Cole tonight and it's a different story but my guess is the Astros pretty much dominate the series on all fronts making it a short series.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Astros win this in 4-5 games. The media, etc are building the Nats up way too much and forgetting how good this Astros team really is and can be. That's not to take anything away from the Nats as they have had a really good season if a bit of a roller-coaster but this ain't the Cards they'll be playing tonight.

Nats beat Cole tonight and it's a different story but my guess is the Astros pretty much dominate the series on all fronts making it a short series.
the only stuff I have seen is stuff about how the astros are the most favored team to win it since the 2007 red sox vs the rockies :P

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Baseball is a funny sport. The "better" team doesn't always win a series. I understand why Houston are favored, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a team with Strasberg, Scherzer and Corbin, pitching the way they have, can win 4 games out of 7.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the sports pundit engine has been the cause of most of the building up of the Nats. Vegas is pretty clearly on the side of the Astros.
which is fair. It's a more exciting story if the team that was way under .500 at one point during the season, a team that has never won it wins over the team that the most people predicted to win it this year and won it two years ago wins it :P

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017

Nats went 69-36 over their last 105 games during the regular season (+175 DIFF) and are 7-2 in the postseason. Astros went 70- 35 over their last 105 games during the regular season (+188 DIFF) and are 7-4 in the post season.

They have been playing at almost the same pace the past 4+ months.

Oct 27, 2017
the only stuff I have seen is stuff about how the astros are the most favored team to win it since the 2007 red sox vs the rockies :P
All I have heard on MLB Network radio/tv is how well the Nats matchup, etc, etc, etc. I live in the vicinity of DC as a Mets fan. I've seen them enough to know all about their starting pitching, the struggles of their bullpen, the fact that there isn't a better combo in baseball than Rendon/Soto, Turner is one of the more underrated players in the game (when he is on the field), they're easy to root for (well, not easy as a Mets fan being a division rival, beating them 12 out of 19 meetings, listening to the worst broadcast crew in baseball in Carpenter and Santangelo), good guys, etc, etc, etc. I still don't think they put up much of a fight against the best team in baseball, the Houston Astros. They have the lay-off excuse in waiting when it happens though.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
All I have heard on MLB Network radio/tv is how well the Nats matchup, etc, etc, etc. I live in the vicinity of DC as a Mets fan. I've seen them enough to know all about their starting pitching, the struggles of their bullpen, the fact that there isn't a better combo in baseball than Rendon/Soto, Turner is one of the more underrated players in the game (when he is on the field), they're easy to root for (well, not easy as a Mets fan being a division rival, beating them 12 out of 19 meetings, listening to the worst broadcast crew in baseball in Carpenter and Santangelo), good guys, etc, etc, etc. I still don't think they put up much of a fight against the best team in baseball, the Houston Astros. They have the lay-off excuse in waiting when it happens though.
so let me ask this then. If it was the Rays instead of the Astros how do you think the Nats would match up?

Oct 27, 2017
so let me ask this then. If it was the Rays instead of the Astros how do you think the Nats would match up?

Why does that matter, because the Rays took the Astros to a deciding 5th game? It's simple, I think the Astros are better in every single facet and I think they'll prove it in dominating fashion which is why I predict a sweep or a series win in 5 games.

Edit: But if I have to answer the question I would favor the Nats in that series, the Rays to me are a strong regular season team generally year-in and year-out but a waste of a playoff spot as they don't have the player personnel to put them over the top in the postseason (always flush with young talent but lacking the proven star/veterans to advance deep into the playoffs or win a championship).

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Check out my moms seats for the world series:

EHhGwA2XYAAkkm-

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Scherzer is already at 10,000 pitches this game. It's gonna be bullpen time soon, and I'm scared.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Nats are definitely fun to watch, still hoping the Astros can find a way to take this all the way though.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Soto is a beast. I hate that he is in the NL East, but love that I get to watch him more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.