• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The rainout hurts the Yanks immensely. Their bullpen will be completely burnt out if they push the series to 7 games.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
That stat from the end of the telecast last night was something: teams that sweep the LCS are 1-6 in the World Series.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Really don't see the point in keeping a less than 100% Stanton on the roster as a possible DH. I know Edwin hasn't been hitting, but Stanton isn't exactly an improvement over him.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
I know stankees r the underdogs but I hope we at least get a game 7 outta this series.
... n that gnats win the whole thing.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I think Stanton is a pinch-hitter unless the Yankees somehow make the WS with a fresh set of games he could play in.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
The thought process is beyond just the LCS, which is the problem. If Stanton is replaced on the roster due to injury, he would be ineligible to play in the World Series.

Edit: But the overall roster situation is what's also making Stanton pretty unusable at the moment. Because they're carrying an extra pitcher, they just have a three man bench. Which is effectively a two man bench, since Romine essentially has to be treated as dead weight in case Sanchez gets hurt. So that makes Maybin the only player on the bench that can go into the field. Unless Stanton pinch hits for the DH, you have to use him and then put Maybin in the field and have nobody left. If Stanton hits for an infielder, you'll wind up losing the DH, etc etc.

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The thought process is beyond just the LCS, which is the problem. If Stanton is replaced on the roster due to injury, he would be ineligible to play in the World Series.

Totally get that, but he's not exactly known to be a clutch postseason hitter. Add the fact that he's not fully healthy. Do Yankees fans really want him pinch-hitting in a big spot in the World Series?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Totally get that, but he's not exactly known to be a clutch postseason hitter. Add the fact that he's not fully healthy. Do Yankees fans really want him pinch-hitting in a big spot in the World Series?

Which should have been the other addendum to the edit I had just made lol. Stanton has not demonstrated himself in past postseasons or since coming off the IL. And the Yankees lineup is pretty damn stacked, you're already trusting everyone in the starting lineup at the plate.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Stanton pales in comparison to the GOAT.

79fb4a4ffc374c8a98928fe15ff32562.jpg

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Tanaka not looking so hot when he's getting the Astros treatment.

They are all over this dude when he doesn't get the calls off the plate.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Encarnacion is such a waste. Like Game 2, the Yankees have thrown away chance after chance to win these games.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Yankees need to be patient while batting. They get opportunities and suddenly swing for the fences. Just make good contact for a hit, ffs.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Verlander to seal it and a lovely neutral WS for me as both teams will have slayed evil to get there. Go Nats if I have to choose , lots of good stories there

Status
Not open for further replies.