• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how in the hell did he even reach pitch 9 lol?
1HwfZFC.jpg
He wasn't fucking close. Ump just missed the call

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't fucking close. Ump just missed the call
That's a make up call for the foul ball call.
Lol ump could not allow a hit or walk after that blown foul tip call. Blatant
He gave it back though.
That was a good makeup call
Ah I see. Make sense why he might make it up on a pitch outside then.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
well I feel much better about the astro's odds going into new york tied instead of down 2. still need them to show more life though.

Still want to see the yankees miss making the world series in the 2010s which would be the first time they didn't go to the world series in a decade since the 1910s (it would also only be the second time in that same stretch they didn't win a world series in a decade with the 1980s being the only other time that happened)

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I pin the blame on Boone's complete mismanagement of the bullpen in the game. Odd decisions were made early and he put the Yankees in a tough spot from a pitching perspective the longer the game went on.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I pin the blame on Boone's complete mismanagement of the bullpen in the game. Odd decisions were made early and he put the Yankees in a tough spot from a pitching perspective the longer the game went on.

totally disagree. Boone did a good job at maximizing the bullpen this game, the Astros offense was really quite quiet for the most part despite some big swings. Something was bound to break eventually for either team the deeper they went into the pens

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I blame the Yankees getting 0 hits and 2 walks after the 6th until the 11th, personally.

Last edited:

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
totally disagree. Boone did a good job at maximizing the bullpen this game, the Astros offense was really quite quiet for the most part despite some big swings. Something was bound to break eventually for either team the deeper they went into the pens

Yeah I blame the Yankees leaving tons of guys on and not getting any big hits. Winning one of the two is still big but the loss tonight hurts, especially with Cole pitching Game 3. At least the Yankees were able to hit Verlander.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah pretty much, can't blame anything but offense when you lose 3-2 in extras.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
think the two legitimately questionable Boone things were not leaving Green in to finish that inning and pulling Britton after 1 inning (which was a knock on effect from Game 1), but still that is ultimately on the offense not hitting their bullpen

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Most impressive thing tonight:
Arod called Carlos Correa Carlos Beltran and big hurt just called him Carrera.
Man they have such tough jobs.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why Gary was so salty when he literally was gifted a fucked call right before. Sucks they couldn't steal the game though.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why Gary was so salty when he literally was gifted a fucked call right before. Sucks they couldn't steal the game though.
gifted or not it was still a poor strike call in a situation where he could be a hero for a day. Given his swings he really really really wanted to drive in a run, so of course he would be upset if a ball was called a strike even if he got away with something right before that.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this was basically a must win for HOU to keep it competitive. Curious to see if Cole can keep the momentum going in New York.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take the split in Houston, if the Yanks *need* to win the first two then they were fucked to begin with. Sucks that they almost stole a win off a Verlander start but oh well. Didn't see anything too egregious about the managing, they just should have put someone across the plate against the bullpen.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
ideal scenario: Nationals sweep redbirbs and the Yankees/Astros beat the crap out of each other in 7 games of extra innings.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
meh i'll take 6 and 3 against the yankees from anyone not named colander.
Can't win if you don't score™
Basically. He pitched quite well for Game One. He could have pitched a complete game one hitter, giving up a solo hr and it wouldn't have mattered with how the offense was going. I really want to see the Astros put up a big inning. There were a lot of missed opportunities last night. I'm hoping Hinch swaps Alvarez and Correa in the lineup. Alvarez does not look comfortable with the pressure being put on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.