• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A guy like Rendon makes some sense for LA but I don't think they will pony up the 8-10 year deal he's going to want. So far that front office has been very stingy in handing out long term contracts, and for the most part it's worked out for them. They don't have any shortage of productive position players, and I don't think any Dodger fan is kicking themselves about not having Stanton or Harper or Machado. But the one guy I think they might be well served to break that rule for is Gerrit Cole. The last couple of years the starting pitching has been propped up as a strength for the Dodgers, and by the books it is, but it's been more of a case of quantity over quality imo. Buehler is looking like a stud, but Kershaw is very clearly diminished and probably a 2/3 pitcher at this point, Ryu had a great season but is a free agent, and hasn't exactly been the picture of consistency, same with Maeda, Hill is toast, and May/Gonsonlin/Urias could all be good, but I'm not sure you can bank on them for 2020 just yet.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think Muncy might be a FA, but if he isn't he for sure is going to ask for a raise. I think he made $500k this year.

I don't think it's rash to see that Seager (and Bellinger) have shrunk every year in the post season. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions to get over the hump. Canning Roberts isn't a tough decision, but they have to shake up the bats.

Or maybe firing Roberts will let these dudes blossom in the postseason.

Baseball doesn't work like that. Guys don't just ask for raises or hold out. Muncy will likely get a raise through arbitration, but he's under team control until 2023. And he's 28 years old. There's probably zero reason to extend him to be honest.

And no I don't think it's rash to say that Seager and Bellinger has bad post seasons, what I think is rash is using what is essentially a 5 game sample size to evaluate players and prioritizing that over an entire season's worth of data and production. Corey Seager is a 25 year old short stop who, even in a comeback year where he missed all of last season with 2 fairly major surgeries, was good for 4 WAR, 19 HR, 40 doubles and a .800 OPS. There's no reason to panic and think "he ain't it" because he had a bad playoff series. That's irrational.

the dodgers as a team led the entire NL in OBP and OPS+ and the new batting coach they brought in has received nothing but accolades. There's nothing to suggest they need to "shake up" their approach to hitting.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Slightly hot, maybe warm take: I think the Dodgers should give Muncy all the money they were going to give to Seager and either trade him or let him walk. Seager disappeared and has looked lost against semi-competent pitching all season. I think the story is out on both Seager and Cody--curve balls and breaking balls.

Cody has not hit a home run in Dodger stadium in the post-season.

As much shit as Roberts and Kershaw are getting, which is 100% deserved, two of your three biggest bats disappearing for an entire series is a huge problem. Turner always shows up, Muncy always shows up, I wish I could say the same about Seager and Bellinger.

Seager had a chance to at least tie game two in the bottom of the 9th and struck out. Dodgers had so many chances in game four to score runs and came away with nothing. I know Roberts can't hit the ball, but this fucking reliance on home runs instead of just hitting the ball has proven to not work. Three straight years of post season failure.
Seager is 25 with 2 years of control left on his contract. He just completed a 3.3 fWAR/4.0 rWAR season after missing 126 games the prior season. Muncy is under team control for another 3 years and is 29. No reason to throw money at him.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baseball doesn't work like that. Guys don't just ask for raises or hold out. Muncy will likely get a raise through arbitration, but he's under team control until 2023. And he's 28 years old. There's probably zero reason to extend him to be honest.

And no I don't think it's rash to say that Seager and Bellinger has bad post seasons, what I think is rash is using what is essentially a 5 game sample size to evaluate players and prioritizing that over an entire season's worth of data and production. Corey Seager is a 25 year old short stop who, even in a comeback year where he missed all of last season with 2 fairly major surgeries, was good for 4 WAR, 19 HR, 40 doubles and a .800 OPS. There's no reason to panic and think "he ain't it" because he had a bad playoff series. That's irrational.

the dodgers as a team led the entire NL in OBP and OPS+ and the new batting coach they brought in has received nothing but accolades. There's nothing to suggest they need to "shake up" their approach to hitting.

I didn't realize Muncy was under team control until 2023, so that's a big L for me.

With that said though, it isn't just 1 five game sample size; for Bellinger it's 3 straight post seasons and for Seager it's 2. When you bat sub .250 in the biggest moments something has to give.

I'm also just salty so I may not feel like this next season.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Muncy was under team control until 2023, so that's a big L for me.

With that said though, it isn't just 1 five game sample size; for Bellinger it's 3 straight post seasons and for Seager it's 2. When you bat sub .250 in the biggest moments something has to give.

I'm also just salty so I may not feel like this next season.

im fairly certain that 3 post seasons isn't as many games as his entire 2019 season where he produced like the best player in baseball not named Mike Trout (counting defense). Nothing "has to give". Especially not when talking about young, cheap, incredibly productive players. It's baseball. Even the best players in the world go through slumps. The best players make outs more often than the don't. That's the nature of the game. You can't judge a guy based on one bad game or series and decide they are the problem. Cody Bellinger is not the problem.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
A Nationals vs. Rays WS would tank the ratings.

Make it so.

Also, it would be cool seeing the Expos of the past versus the Expos of the future.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
If anyone wants to get mad at someone from the Dodgers losing, it's the people at the front office, being Andrew Friedman & his staff.

They're the ones calling the shots down to the field from the sabermetric computer, telling Roberts what to do, & what not to do.

Roberts is just a fall guy, a puppet. Even if Roberts does get fired, the cycle will continue with the next manager. All they care about, is money.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Let's not compare injuries.
LOL let's compare them. you make it sound like they aren't even close. Rays only had one starting pitcher in the rotation that wasnt out for multiple months. They only had three people who stayed on the active roster and one played through injury. I know the Yankees had a record amount of injuries but we have had a lotttttt too.

Bought tickets for game three game four game five yolooooo

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
LOL let's compare them. you make it sound like they aren't even close. Rays only had one starting pitcher in the rotation that wasnt out for multiple months. They only had three people who stayed on the active roster and one played through injury. I know the Yankees had a record amount of injuries but we have had a lotttttt too.

Bought tickets for game three game four game five yolooooo
Yankees set the MLB record for most players on the IL (30) and IL stints (39). This is the healthiest the Yankees have been and they still have numerous injuries.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Rays didn't have their best pitchers pitching their best most of the year...healthy Glasnow and Snell is huge...

The Glasnow you've seen over the last two games is the reason the Pirates were comfortable trading him. He has huge issues with command/location, and while he has nasty stuff, he's prone to getting hit hard and walking batters.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
The Glasnow you've seen over the last two games is the reason the Pirates were comfortable trading him. He has huge issues with command/location, and while he has nasty stuff, he's prone to getting hit hard and walking batters.
Pirates are going to regret trading him for years to come...Glasnow will be one of the top ten pitchers in the American League for a long time...a couple bad innings doesn't change that...

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Pirates are going to regret trading him for years to come...Glasnow will be one of the top ten pitchers in the American League for a long time...a couple bad innings doesn't change that...

I agree, I think we'll regret the trade because Archer is on a downward trajectory and has been for some time. But I still haven't seen enough of Glasnow to say that he's overcome his issues. Meadows, too, is unfortunately inconsistent. I hope they both succeed, as I've been big fans of there's through out our farm system, but I don't know if they'll ever truly be elite.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, I think we'll regret the trade because Archer is on a downward trajectory and has been for some time. But I still haven't seen enough of Glasnow to say that he's overcome his issues. Meadows, too, is unfortunately inconsistent. I hope they both succeed, as I've been big fans of there's through out our farm system, but I don't know if they'll ever truly be elite.
meadows put up pretty elite numbers this year and was even better in second half...top 20 in all of baseball in ops.

Last edited:

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I remember when people told me that Gerrit with years left on his contract wasn't worth any prospects prior to the Pirates trading him.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Cole and Altuve setting new records, whoo

Kjs16Ll.gif

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Good series rays fans

Damn I was a nervous wreck all day today.

Watching the rays though is fucking maddening. Watching Kevin Cash burn 3 pitchers for 3 outs in the fifth and again in the 7th is just flat ridiculous. I loved Hinch putting two righties between every lefty for that reason though.

Having a great bullpen is obviously useful but you can't keep putting them out there against this lineup. 2nd third or fourth time you see the same guy you get better at bats and your counting on all your guys being on. If even one guy is off it's real easy to put up some runs. It might work over 162 games and almost worked for five games but I seriously doubt it's gonna work in 7 game series.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
9 out of 10 dentists agree: The Astros can win games when they score more runs than the other team.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
alright.
Come on Nats and Astros

and then come on Nats.

My prefered win order at this point is Nats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Astros > Cards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>> yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.