• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Glasnow is going to give up a fuck ton of walks and have trouble finding the strike zone 😊
I mean we will see, when he went down he was the best pitcher in baseball and blew through the Astros. Got to the 5th inning last game with no hits so hopefully he's back to form

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Bummer. I wanted the Athletics to move forward.

At this point, here is what I want:

#1 St. Louis to win it all
#2 If STL loses, get the Nationals to win
#3 If the Nationals can't win it, don't let the Dodgers or Yankees win (but I'd rather the Yankees win, I guess)
what kind of souless heathen are you?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to make the Wild Card the best of three. It feels too insignificant and brief. I understand travel and scheduling issues, but those can be figured out.

I think I'm rooting for the Flappy Boys the rest of the way. Lowest salaried team in baseball.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Brodie has already said on the conference call today that they plan on keeping Diaz and Thor. Hopefully he is lying.

"plan on" being the key words. Plans change from day to day. I don't believe for a second that they wouldn't pull the trigger if they get a great package for Thor. Diaz has no trade value right now so he's probably staying 'til at least the trade deadline next season.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to make the Wild Card the best of three. It feels too insignificant and brief. I understand travel and scheduling issues, but those can be figured out.

I think I'm rooting for the Flappy Boys the rest of the way. Lowest salaried team in baseball.
absolutely not. It's perfectly fine as a play in game, and if you don't want the season to basically a coin toss at the end then just win the division. I would rather in general we just remove the second wild card slot in general and skip the whole thing instead of making it any more significant.

Also for the people talking about who they don't want to win it.
the last team I would want to win it - Yankees (let them have a decade without a world series birth since the 1910s :/ (and only their second decade since then to not win one as they didn't win one in the 80s))
followed by the Cards
followed by the Dodgers
followed by the Astros.

and after that I really don't care who wins it.

Only reason I don't mind the Astros is because even if they win it it would only be their second in their history, so even though they have a high payroll like the Dodgers and Yankees, I don't mind them too much.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf... Just saw the Callway news. Not that I'm unhappy about it, but I'm surprised given how much fight they showed over the last 2 and a half months.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
yioV1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.