• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
As a lifelong Braves fan I'll be able to go to game 1 against the cards. I'm expecting a full on religious experience.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like everyone has been on the Bellinger MVP wagon for a long time now so he's probably going to win it on the NL side, but I'm sort of wondering if Yelich has a case. Offensively Yelich has Bellinger beat in a bunch of categories and the categories Bellinger beats him out in aren't exactly huge leads. Not sure how the two stack up against each other in the defensive categories though. Yelich's injury is probably going to rob him of the MVP.

On the AL side, yeah, I'm thinking Bregman has it now.

Yelich has more than a case, he's a legitimate contender. Bellinger has all the narratives the voters love though (played a full season, on the team w/ the best record). Really you can't go wrong with either. I wouldn't call it a robbery no matter who wins. Conversely Trout should probably win it in the AL, but has the narratives love (or would love to hold against Trout because they're tired of stat nerds telling them what to do) against him, mainly he's on a mediocre team and missed time. Trout is still far and away the best player in the AL and to me, that's the MVP.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.