• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. Zero runs after bases loaded and no outs. That's the Brewers season in a nutshell.

This is the third game in a row the Brewers blew the game late. I'll give them credit for the month they had to even make the playoffs. But they've hit a wall and are ending with a thud.

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed the Mets aren't in the postseason but the end of that game today was a strange and fun way to end the 2019 campaign and really encapsulated the entire season in a lot of ways.

Just looking forward a bit I wonder if the Cubs will be interested in Girardi now, hope he becomes the Mets next manager as Callaway has to go no matter.

In any case I'm excited for the postseason, I still believe the Nats are the Dodgers only real competition in the NL. The Brewers are a gigantic waste of a playoff spot...zero chance. The Astros are on another level entirely even when compared to the Dodgers and should win another World Series but you have to play the games as almost anything can happen in baseball...should be a fun October.

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
tkvfrs4nmxgecjfcbxxt

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This Mets team was fun and today's game was glorious even with the annoyance of being out and all the weird lax vibes of the last day of the year, I still kinda like our roster going into next season just nervous to see how our FO fucks it up.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
85-77 is a damn good year, far better than expectations, and a notable improvement over last year, even while losing Goldschmidt, Pollock, Corbin, and Greinke. With all of the young studs coming in, trades for prospects having great returns thus far, and a ton of extra money lying around (one more fucking year of Tomas...), I'm pretty excited for where the org is headed. Ketel Marte and Carson Kelly are cornerstone pieces to build a winner around and I'm happy to have 'em. You done good, Hazen.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
What the fuck is taking MLB so long to announce the playoff game times?

I gotta figure out if I can go to any of these Braves games

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
85-77 is a damn good year, far better than expectations, and a notable improvement over last year, even while losing Goldschmidt, Pollock, Corbin, and Greinke. With all of the young studs coming in, trades for prospects having great returns thus far, and a ton of extra money lying around (one more fucking year of Tomas...), I'm pretty excited for where the org is headed. Ketel Marte and Carson Kelly are cornerstone pieces to build a winner around and I'm happy to have 'em. You done good, Hazen.
Make sure y'all give Seth Beer jersey #30

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I have a feeling that Bellinger and Bregman take it.

Trout had it locked up until he got hurt and Yelich also got axed with his inury. Rendon fell off during the final month.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like everyone has been on the Bellinger MVP wagon for a long time now so he's probably going to win it on the NL side, but I'm sort of wondering if Yelich has a case. Offensively Yelich has Bellinger beat in a bunch of categories and the categories Bellinger beats him out in aren't exactly huge leads. Not sure how the two stack up against each other in the defensive categories though. Yelich's injury is probably going to rob him of the MVP.

On the AL side, yeah, I'm thinking Bregman has it now.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
It seems like everyone has been on the Bellinger MVP wagon for a long time now so he's probably going to win it on the NL side, but I'm sort of wondering if Yelich has a case. Offensively Yelich has Bellinger beat in a bunch of categories and the categories Bellinger beats him out in aren't exactly huge leads. Not sure how the two stack up against each other in the defensive categories though. Yelich's injury is probably going to rob him of the MVP.

On the AL side, yeah, I'm thinking Bregman has it now.
Bellinger has him beat in most defensive metrics. He was the better of the two by a good margin.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Harper 2019:

Bases empty - .204/.333/.386/.315 wOBA/92 wRC+
Men on base - .331/.422/.665/.432 wOBA/169 wRC+

Charlie Blackmon 2019:

Home - .379/.435/.739/.472 wOBA/167 wRC+
Away - .256/.299/.432/.308 wOBA/87 wRC+

Harper smashed with men on and Blackmon played like a scrub without Coors. I know it's a hitters park but those splits are even ridiculous for him.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
So who should win the MVP on the AL and NL sides?
Bregman and Bellinger

Curious why the Angles even hired Ausmus? Ohtani cant pitch, and couldn't be the DH the whole year, trout didnt play the whole year, Pujols is old. their starting pitching and relivers suck. Oh and had a starting pitcher die during the season. Not sure what he's supposed to do with that?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Bregman and Bellinger

Curious why the Angles even hired Ausmus? Ohtani cant pitch, and couldn't be the DH the whole year, trout didnt play the whole year, Pujols is old. their starting pitching and relivers suck. Oh and had a starting pitcher die during the season. Not sure what he's supposed to do with that?
The Angels probably weren't expecting Maddon to be available this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Harper 2019:

Bases empty - .204/.333/.386/.315 wOBA/92 wRC+
Men on base - .331/.422/.665/.432 wOBA/169 wRC+

Charlie Blackmon 2019:

Home - .379/.435/.739/.472 wOBA/167 wRC+
Away - .256/.299/.432/.308 wOBA/87 wRC+

Harper smashed with men on and Blackmon played like a scrub without Coors. I know it's a hitters park but those splits are even ridiculous for him.

Yelich was like that at home for the first 6-8 weeks of the season. At one point had like 20 HRs and all but a few were at Miller Park.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Oh cool Sam Holbrook is doing the braves series. Is he gonna fuck the braves for just one game or every game.

Should the Braves ask him where the infield fly will extend to

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not giving up on Brewers in the Wild Card game since they came back from the dead after I've given up on them multiple time before.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not giving up on Brewers in the Wild Card game since they came back from the dead after I've given up on them multiple time before.
I'm in wisconsin so have been rooting for the brewers. I still expect them to lose by at least 5 tomorrow lol.

it's the clash of two teams that were hot. The difference is the nationals seem to be still riding that hot streak while the brewers seem like they crashed and burned.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in wisconsin so have been rooting for the brewers. I still expect them to lose by at least 5 tomorrow lol.

it's the clash of two teams that were hot. The difference is the nationals seem to be still riding that hot streak while the brewers seem like they crashed and burned.
The Nats are playoff chokers tho so that can come into play.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
However much I don't like the Dodgers (sorry Dodgers fans), I don't see anyone getting by them in the NLCS.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brewers, I apologize for writing you off before the game started

Status
Not open for further replies.