• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
If the Cardinals win their last game tomorrow, or if both the Cardinals & the Brewers lose, then the Cardinals will automatically clinch the NL Central Division.

If the Cardinals lose & if the Brewers win, it'll force a game 163 in which it'll be a tiebreaker game between the two teams to see who clinches the NL Central Division to play against the Braves in the National League Division Series, & who goes to Wild Card to play against the Nationals.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If the Cardinals win their last game tomorrow, or if both the Cardinals & the Brewers lose, then the Cardinals will automatically clinch the NL Central Division.

If the Cardinals lose & if the Brewers win, it'll force a game 163 in which it'll be a tiebreaker game between the two teams to see who clinches the NL Central Divison, & who goes to Wild Card to play against the Nationals.
Ideally last year repeats itself.
Brewers force game 163 to be hosted as an away game for them.
They beat the home team which will then go the wild card game.
and that team will lose and be eliminated leaving the brewers standing alone in the central.

Though if the brewers really wanted that they shouldn't have blown the game today >.>

Oct 25, 2017
Edman leaned his elbow down to get hit on purpose in that 9th inning and they still couldn't tie it

Theo likely told Joe that tomorrow is it so I'm hoping the boys come out fired up and win tomorrow to give those delinquent Brewers a chance to play for the division in game 163 if they win.

I can't believe the situation went from the Cubs are playing the z-squad and Joe Maddon doesn't care if the Brewers are mad to the Cubs have won the first two games in this series and the Brewers have missed a golden opportunity at this in the span of about 4 days.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so depending on how things play out today the white sox not playing their game 162 could be the difference between them having the 8th draft pick all the way to the 11th :P

unless MLB will just look at the win column for the draft pick instead of the loss column.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Seems odd to do this now, with one game left. But no matter what happens today I can't help think the Brewers helped play a small role in the Cubs downfall:)

Go Brewers!

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Hurdle is gone, thank the fucking lord 😩

Get rid of NH, Searage, and then Nutting should sell the fucking team because he's a cheap ass piece of shit.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clockwork Theo. Same path as the Red Sox. Bottom out, sell off contracts, get top draft picks for a few years, blow up payroll with a 5 year window to win. Once the bullets are shot and the farm doesn't produce, start blaming the manager, then get rid of the manager. Same as Francona with Boston. I'll avatar bet right now Theo will be gone within the next two years.

Who are the Cubs going to get that's better than what Maddon gives them now?

Fuck I hope Theo hires Matheny.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Clockwork Theo. Same path as the Red Sox. Bottom out, sell off contracts, get top draft picks for a few years, blow up payroll with a 5 year window to win. Once the bullets are shot and the farm doesn't produce, start blaming the manager, then get rid of the manager. Same as Francona with Boston. I'll avatar bet right now Theo will be gone within the next two years.

Who are the Cubs going to get that's better than what Maddon gives them now?

Fuck I hope Theo hires Matheny.
Clockwork Theo? What are you talking about?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So after watching football I turn it to the Brewers game to see them up 3-0 then I check the other scores to see the Cardinals are up 9-0. I turned it back to football since we're clearly locked into the wild card game.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
That's not how you spell Trout.
Take away trouts 8war from the angels and they are even worse. Take away bregmans 8war from the Astros and they may not win the division let alone be the one seed. Not to mention bregman played short and third, while Correa was injured and was the constant when springer, altuve, and Correa were all injured and also played more games than trout.

Just call it the best player award not valuable player then, and give it to trout every time he plays more than half the season.

Because with the way the voting works, it's very difficult mathematically to have two people tied for first place.
I know thanks...

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's not how you spell Trout.
If the MLB voters were like the NBA voters, they would give it to Bregman just to give it to someone new. Trout is gonna Trout and put up crazy numbers, but the NBA voters would have looked past that and noted that Bregman held the Astros together while Correa, Springer, and Altuve were all out with injuries throughout the season and led the team to the best record in the MLB

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
So Trout should be penalized because his teammates aren't as good as Bregman's?

There's a reason why they don't vote like the NBA. A single player, no matter how good they are, is not enough to carry a team to the playoffs.

Last edited:

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So Trout should be penalized because his teammates aren't as good as Bregman's?

There's a reason why they don't vote like the NBA. A single player, no matter how good they are, is enough to carry a team to the playoffs.

The only thing voters will penalize Trout for is that he only played 134 games, but I still think most will vote Trout and Bregman 1-2 on the ballot.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
And there goes the Brewers chance of a Game 163; The Cardinals have won & have clinched the NL Central Division.

The Yankees, the Astros, the Braves & the Dodgers get the home field advantage in the first two games (& on Game 5 if needed) of the Division series.

The Twins, the Cardinals & two other teams that win Wild Card get the home field advantage in game 3 (& on Game 4, if needed).

The Athletics & the Nationals get the home field advantage in a one-game Wild Card playoff against the Brewers & the Rays.

Last edited:

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Awards imo:
AL MVP: Trout
AL CY: Cole
AL ROTY: Alvarez
NL MVP: Bellinger
NL CY: deGrom
NL ROTY: Alonso

The only one that's actually difficult is AL Cy Young

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
And there goes the Brewers chance of a Game 163; The Cardinals have won & have clinched the NL Central Division.

The Yankees, the Astros, the Braves & the Dodgers get the home field advantage in the first two games (& on Game 5 if needed) of the Division series.

The Twins, the Cardinals & two other teams that win Wild Card get the home field advantage in game 3 (& on Game 4, if needed).

The Athletics & the Nationals get the home field advantage in a one-game Wild Card playoff against the Brewers & the Rays.
yup only a few more days until the nats keep the brewers from getting from the real playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.