• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in here playing OOTP, particularly Perfect Team? I know Piscatella is because he's on twitter, but I don't know about anyone else.

My top team are stuck in the diamond leagues bad enough to be under .500 every year but not actually bad enough to get relegated to a league where I can actually generate Perfect Points. Tony Gwynn hasn't hit over .275 in any of the five seasons I have had him.

Last edited:

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Anyone in here playing OOTP, particularly Perfect Team? I know Piscatella is because he's on twitter, but I don't know about anyone else.

My top team are stuck in the diamond leagues bad enough to be under .500 every year but not actually bad enough to get relegated to a league where I can actually generate Perfect Points. Tony Gwynn hasn't hit over .275 in any of the five seasons I have had him.

I was addicted to PT for a solid month and I haven't checked my team in a bit since. Really fun stuff

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was addicted to PT for a solid month and I haven't checked my team in a bit since. Really fun stuff
It's annoying being up in Diamond (which is essentially the top league because there is a league above it but those are dudes with $500 teams composed of entirely 100 level players, so I pretend it isn't real) because I never get any points and I have no discipline to hold onto points long enough to buy players on the auction house. I could really use a better right fielder and Stephen Strasburg has been awful for like 6 years (I pulled him way back in Bronze).

I've been playing since Beta so my entire team is Gold/Diamond, although I only have 3 diamond level players - Noah Syndergaard, Nolan Arenado and Strasburg (I saved up for Syndergaard, but pulled the other two). Manny Machado is my left fielder and he has been there so long his rating at left is 70 out of 80 (I use 20-80 grade scales lol). He's a 45 at short.

My team looks like the following:

LF - Machado
CF - Victor Robles
RF - Tony Gwynn
1B - Luke Appling. Yes, HOF shortstop, Luke Appling
2B - Jose Altuve
SS - Fernando Tatis Jr.
3B - Nolan Arenado
C - Francisco Mejia

P - Noah Syndergaard
P - Stephen Strasburg
P - Patrick Corbin
P - Brent Honeywell
P - Mackenzie Gore

I forget the bullpen other than I have Sean Doolittle and he has a whip of 1.00 over like 7 seasons.

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA
Pollock? What a weird ass offseason.

I wonder what the Dodgers are offering the Marlins. Hopefully the Marlins have come back down to earth a little with their demands for Realmuto now that offseason is nearly over and no one's bit.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
All we need now to complete the crazy news trifecta is for Harper to sign with a total mystery team, like the Royals.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
No logos on Mussina's or Halladay's cap. Understandable for Halladay, pick someone for Moose for crying out loud. It did lead me down the rabbit hole of how many logoless players are in the hall. Over 50. Yogi Berra is logoless despite playing all but one season with the Yankees, probably because of his feud with Steinbrenner.

Oct 25, 2017
No logos on Mussina's or Halladay's cap. Understandable for Halladay, pick someone for Moose for crying out loud. It did lead me down the rabbit hole of how many logoless players are in the hall. Over 50. Yogi Berra is logoless despite playing all but one season with the Yankees, probably because of his feud with Steinbrenner.
No they just made his thing a portrait view. Most of the people without logos played on very very early teams who didnt have logos.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I'm shocked that the Padres are now getting involved in Machado. I wish DeWitt would lift up his couch at home to get some money to go after Harper. But hey, DeWitt is struggling just like the rest of us, amirite?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I'm shocked that the Padres are now getting involved in Machado. I wish DeWitt would lift up his couch at home to get some money to go after Harper. But hey, DeWitt is struggling just like the rest of us, amirite?

Too bad the Mets don't have big market Padres money.

Seriously, what is Harper going to get at this point? The usual suspects don't need him.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

every fanbase should be pissed at their front office for this bullshit

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
DeWitt?

More like DimWitt
NH9gE7v.gif

nnex

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, I guess you can't blame a guy going into his age-30 season for getting guaranteed money, but that's not even remotely close to what Merrifield is worth.

dotpatrick

Oct 28, 2017
Probably looked at the past 3 offseasons and decided to take what he could get especially given his age and when he could expect to hit FA. His skillset isn't the type to rake in the big bucks in arbitration either.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If the rumor of Harper to Phillies is true, then that leaves Machado with probably going to either the Padres or White Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.