• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
LOL. Just read a tweet that Tulo's in the best shape of his life. It's a little early for spring training quotes don't you think.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically borrowed time. I can't commit to the franchise unless I know that the franchise is committed to my area.
I did that with the Chargers starting in like 2010 and it worked out fine.

That said, there really aren't big markets for teams to move to at this point, so I wouldn't commit to the idea that they're leaving permanently until it actually happens and having a long term lease locked in is often a very good motivator to get something done since you're stuck in a crap hole for so long.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Red Sox is willing to move one of their catchers. I'm sure they can work something out with the Mets

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess, they think they can extend Realmuto and consider it a smarter investment than Thor.

Thor is entering his age 26 season, has a career 13 WAR and hasn't even truly learned how to pitch yet. I see what you're saying but I don't think it's a smart move by the Mets unless they think his arm is going to fall off.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
If we can get rid of Homer in that trade then holy shit.

Also it's looking like Dodgers want a salary dump and don't need top prospects right now. Minor prospect for those two would be good.
Do that and sign Keuchel we rollin out of loserville.

Last edited:

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
This deal does not work for me at all. If they hadn't signed CC, it'd be another story. The lineup is so stacked that they'd make the playoffs with 5 A.J. Burnett's. Another back end starter ain't gonna take them deeper in the playoffs.

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
This deal does not work for me at all. If they hadn't signed CC, it'd be another story. The lineup is so stacked that they'd make the playoffs with 5 A.J. Burnett's. Another back end starter ain't gonna take them deeper in the playoffs.
Happ isn't a back end starter. He's a mid rotation guy. A rotation of Severino, Paxton, Tanaka, Happ, CC is pretty good.

JoseDFrog

Oct 27, 2017
Happ isn't a back end starter. He's a mid rotation guy. A rotation of Severino, Paxton, Tanaka, Happ, CC is pretty good.
You're right, I'm just upset we could stack up our rotation even more. A full season of Happ should be equivalent to what Monty could do. It is considerably better removing Gray and adding Paxton.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Signing Happ doesn't necessarily take the Yankees completely out of the trade market for another starter. They already had a full 5 man rotation set before the Gerrit Cole trade talks last year.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Signing Happ doesn't necessarily take the Yankees completely out of the trade market for another starter. They already had a full 5 man rotation set before the Gerrit Cole trade talks last year.

You can never have too much SP depth. Also, between Tanaka, CC, and Paxton, if we can get 160-175 innings each from them, that's a good healthy year. So we're going to need a 6th guy anyway to spot start and eat some innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.