• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
WHOA WHAT THE FUCK!

Has he played the character in the games before??

NOW the "you are next" tagline for this game makes sense, hahaha fucking great!!

Noob AND Shang Tsung revealed back to back? Awesome!

Can't wait for this game, the visuals look fucking magnificent.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I mean, I don't like DLC announced before the game's even out either, but if there's a season pass on sale I'd rather know what's in it than just having people buy blind.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Stop quoting the Boon tweet, he trolls all the time on Twitter and NRS has no problem announcing DLC pre-release

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy who put all this stuff up saw those leaked pics before they were widely available online, as did I and some others. Most of what he said about the base roster was based on those.

The three unlock stuff was just hearsay he got from someone else. People only believed it because he mixed it in with legitimate info.
Ahh ok. I believe there was an interview saying there will be unlockable characters as well.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not who I expected, but cool fanservice nonetheless!

WHOS' NEXT?

giphy.gif
Is he saying "YOU'RE A BIATCH"?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Netherealm also cast Ronda Rousey so I doubt they care.

Regarding Shang, though, I guess this is cool, but, didn't he look way younger in the film? Are they using, like, his current likeness for this? Why?

I don't know. I'm pretty good at separating art from the artists, especially since every dev team has a few assholes in it.

But domestic violence is just one thing that bothers me since my aunt was a victim to it.

What did Ronda Rousey do?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's not a render, his model is totally in the base game, they've even shown him at the Krypt Mode.

Eh, we know for sure that one model is done at this point. There's a lot more that goes into a character, though.

Even though they have a fully textured and rigged model, if he's going to be a playable fighter there's a lot more work to do. Moves need to be thought up and animated, balancing needs to take place, he needs pre and post-fight dialog for every other combatant, he needs fatalities to be conceived and animated, and since it's a recent NRS game he'll also need a bunch of dress-up stuff created, too.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is Shang FUCKING Tsung going to be a DLC character? And probably Reptile too? These are iconic characters. If anything make the MK Kids DLC characters.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Shang as DLC is pretty odd, but when it's Cary I'll let it slide. That's just too good of an opportunity to pass up and I get that they want to capitalise on it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I don't like DLC announced before the game's even out either, but if there's a season pass on sale I'd rather know what's in it than just having people buy blind.

Yeah, based on how long it takes to make a fighter, they have to start rolling on some of the early DLC production/planning before the game is out.
That's inevitable, so I'd rather they just be upfront about what's included so people can make informed decisions. It doesn't sit well with me when they hold back info yet push super hard for people to pre-order.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Ouch, this isn't a good look though. Even if it is from awhile back.

I know people here take this seriously on who works on what game so they should know.

- Was a misdemeanor and not a felony
- He plead guilty with a statement that he does not condone it and fully accepts responsibility.
- Over a decade ago.

I'm not defending him at all, especially since this is all news to me. But where do people draw the line? I mean that earnestly.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
They should make an alternate skin version as younger Shang, modeled after Cary from 1990 'The Perfect Weapon' Era mixed with a MK2 clothes redesign.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is Shang FUCKING Tsung going to be a DLC character? And probably Reptile too? These are iconic characters. If anything make the MK Kids DLC characters.

Then I realized: Dvorah is on the main cast while Shang Tsung isn't. Why?

Way too many characters people want to fit in and move the series forward with new/recent characters at the same time.
Plus having to pay a big name actor, plus needing DLC that will sell well.