• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
So... you're saying there's a chance Pennywise makes it into KP2...

Unlikely. Boon did mention a deal for a guest character couldn't be got. Leaks mentioned Pennywise and that Joker is going to be a later addition, being a part of KP2, even though he's owned by WB. It makes sense Joker was the back up clown.

The devs for Dead by Daylight also teased Pennywise only to later say they had no intention to add him. They already have Freddy in their game and he's owned by WB.

I'm going to guess that WB only has the license for IT films and not video games. That still belongs to King and his publisher. I guess King doesn't want Pennywise in any game?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess that WB only has the license for IT films and not video games. That still belongs to King and his publisher. I guess King doesn't want Pennywise in any game?

A lot of people were expecting Pennywise, including myself, due to it being a WB film. But it does seem possible there are limitations of his use in other media. I'd be curious to know more.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, it's time to get John wick in here to style on some fools. Hes going to all the video games

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Cape will be in his intro/outros and it'll look godlike for obvious reasons. But I think he will throw it off to fight.

Hope I'm wrong though, would love to see this issue tackled finally.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I hope they go all out with Spawn's animations. I know they're not the same characters/abilities, etc but graphically I hope they utilize suit shapeshifting powers in a way to how well Capcom did for Venom/Jedah. Also I want Violator in a Fatality or fatal blow lol.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically, if the second Kombat Pack maintains the same MK/guest ratio as the first, which two guest characters would you add?

I think I'd go with Doom Slayer and Albert Wesker. So many iconic characters from horror and sci-fi movies have been added over the course of the series, but video games remain untapped outside of Kratos.

Mortal Kombat and Doom were the two big scapegoats of the '90s violent video game panic, and I think it would be fitting to see Doom Slayer contend with the MK cast. Deadshot even had the Doom rocket jump in Injustice 2.

Resident Evil is the world's most popular horror series, and the military/B.O.W. angle gels pretty well with the MK universe. I think Wesker would be more unique and charismatic than one of the protagonists, and NRS could go crazy with his parries and teleports.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically, if the second Kombat Pack maintains the same MK/guest ratio as the first, which two guest characters would you add?

I think I'd go with Doom Slayer and Albert Wesker. So many iconic characters from horror and sci-fi movies have been added over the course of the series, but video games remain untapped outside of Kratos.

Mortal Kombat and Doom were the two big scapegoats of the '90s violent video game panic, and I think it would be fitting to see Doom Slayer contend with the MK cast. Deadshot even had the Doom rocket jump in Injustice 2.

Resident Evil is the world's most popular horror series, and the military/B.O.W. angle gels pretty well with the MK universe. I think Wesker would be more unique and charismatic than one of the protagonists, and NRS could go crazy with his parries and teleports.
I think they'll give us more characters from horror films.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I never realized how hype Albert Wesker would be in Mortal Kombat until now. Would make up for him skipping out on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll give us more characters from horror films.
I just can't really think of anyone exciting besides Pennywise. Michael Myers would be a bland retread of MKX Jason, and Pinhead isn't really all that mainstream. Chucky would be fun, but a character his size couldn't work in an NRS game.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't really think of anyone exciting besides Pennywise. Michael Myers would be a bland retread of MKX Jason, and Pinhead isn't really all that mainstream. Chucky would be fun, but a character his size couldn't work in an NRS game.
Norman Bates? :P Although there's not really a point without Anthony Perkins.

Honestly I think Pinhead is the best choice. He's not as mainstream as the other horror characters, but there have still been a ton of Hellraiser movies.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Norman Bates? :P Although there's not really a point without Anthony Perkins.

Honestly I think Pinhead is the best choice. He's not as mainstream as the other horror characters, but there have still been a ton of Hellraiser movies.

Yep, Pinhead would make the most sense.
Although I would like to see what kind of movesets Hannibal Lecter or Samara from the Ring would have ;)
I'm a bit sad that they already had Freddy.

Also, please no Resident Evil Characters, they are already in MvC.
Give me Pyramid Head!

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take Mr X or Nemesis over Wesker. The game is missing it's giant boss creature and those 2 fill that void.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Although I would like to see what kind of movesets Hannibal Lecter or Samara from the Ring would have ;)

I would rather have more MK character but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in Pinhead. Hell NRS can have fun with it and add the other Cenobites into the mix, would be pretty cool.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pinhead and Buffy although Cassie is a bit Buffy herself now. But that could just lead to fun intro dialogue.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Also, please no Resident Evil Characters, they are already in MvC.
Give me Pyramid Head!
Wesker skipped out on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite though. :( One of the many reasons that game is terrible.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
If they stay with the horror-theme there is one other thing I would love to see besides Pinhead:
A 3-in-1 character, like pokémon trainer in smash bros, consisting of classic Universal Dracula (Lugosi) , Frankensteins' Monster (Karloff) and Swamp Thing.

Personal wish for a comic DLC character: John Constantine.
The Joker is so boring...

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
They could bring something crazy in like Nyarlathotep, someone who appears mostly human most of the time, but gives small glimpses where his Crawling Chaos outer god form starts to show.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they stay with the horror-theme there is one other thing I would love to see besides Pinhead:
A 3-in-1 character, like pokémon trainer in smash bros, consisting of classic Universal Dracula (Lugosi) , Frankensteins' Monster (Karloff) and Swamp Thing.

The Joker is an incredibly popular figure that's also getting his own movie this year. It's cross marketing by WB and appealing to a huge Comic Book/DC/Batman fans.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

...Er, you mean the Creature from the Black Lagoon/Gill Man?

Also I feel like the Wolf Man (Lon Chaney) would make the most sense to close out the trio.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about Joker is that we'll finally get to see him use the uncensored gunshot from MKvDCU (which was given to Shang Tsung in MK9). It'll probably be a Brutality.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
The Joker is an incredibly popular figure that's also getting his own movie this year. It's cross marketing by WB and appealing to a huge Comic Book/DC/Batman fans.

I know why they chose him and that it "makes sense".
Does not mean I have to find him interesting personally.

(I don't want to sound rude, I hope it does not come across aggressive)

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Well here are two pretty obvious contenders since they're both horror and Warner Bros. has the distribution rights to the other (I think), Jigsaw and Beetlejuice.
beetlejuice.0.jpg
1.jpg

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm certain Spawn's cape will be in the game. The cloth physics already present are a thing of beauty.

Guest characters should be the Bye-Bye Man, and the elusive C.H.U.D.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Shang Tsung has probably always been my favorite fighting game character. Not because of his personality or anything, but I always thought it was cool he could morph into anyone else on the roster in the MK2 and MK3 days (at least that's what I remember). It seems like his morph/soul steal here isn't quite as comprehensive here, but his moves look really slick in this trailer. Definitely will be picking up that DLC.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Put Saitama from OPM in. Imagine the fatalities. And his character model. Hehe.

And one of the necromancers from chronicles of riddick.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I still they're front loading the guests this time, and KP2 will be more MK fan focused. The only guest will be Joker, and that's technically an NRS crossover.

Also, why do I get the feeling whenever Joker is killed by a fatality, you'll still hear him laughing.