• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
You could tell by her first interview that she was a spoiled brat. The way that she tried to shush the interviewer was crazy.

uamANO2.gif

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Wishing the best to the kid. The part where the Mother said she can't hug him anymore because of the trauma was heartbreaking.

Amazing she decided to double down on the stupid. Guess some people DO believe two wrongs make a right. I can already imagine how this would go if taken to court:

"Miss Ponsetto, did you or did you not physically assault the young man sitting over the-"
"Enough."

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What a vapid, delusional, thoroughly unlikable person. Like... um... I'm like... so sorry I guess. Fuck off with that bullshit. She needs serious help.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Physically, she isn't my type and her personality is of someone who I wouldn't even have a conversation with for more than a couple of minutes. So nothing about her is attractive to me. Do you need to be attracted to someone to see that they have big issues which are partly why they are in their predicament?

Everything about her actions and the way she speaks is a freaking enormous red flag for her mental health and emotional state. And I'm including the way she behaved in the assault vid, and not even an openly racist person would frantically babble they "Need their phone!" and then lunge at a 14 year old to get it because they were convinced it was their iPhone.

Go to any major university in the US and you'd probably come across hundreds of spoiled young people who would do this.

And this:

uamANO2.gif

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this story has run pretty dry. She made a fool of herself and was arrested (and the charges seemed excessive even), she got what people hoped to see happen to her.

Lets focus on the fact that she is a mess and the way she reacted to the black teen was more of a showing of her mental and emotional instability, which she has put on display further in her interviews.

I know people love to hate on dumb, ignorant, and spoiled young women (and she is all of those things in full force), but there is something extremely off about her and it may be pushing her to even a worse state than she apparently was already in before this
I agree instead of putting her in prison, she should get the love and support she needs so that she can get back to being a healthy, mentally stable, racist

Or she can be held accountable for a racist assault of a black child.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Physically, she isn't my type and her personality is of someone who I wouldn't even have a conversation with for more than a couple of minutes. So nothing about her is attractive to me. Do you need to be attracted to someone to see that they have big issues which are partly why they are in their predicament?

Everything about her actions and the way she speaks is a freaking enormous red flag for her mental health and emotional state. And I'm including the way she behaved in the assault vid, and not even an openly racist person would frantically babble they "Need their phone!" and then lunge at a 14 year old to get it because they were convinced it was their iPhone.
I'm impressed that you have pathologized being an entitled spoiled racist adult brat.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018
First of all why the fuck is she getting this type of attention?

If she was lower class and/or not considered attractive, would she be getting all these professional interviews after assaulting a minor? If she were a black woman, would she be getting this kind of media spotlight treatment after assaulting some kid?

Fuck the aristocratic media machine.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
nypost.com

Miya Ponsetto says she can’t be racist because she’s a ‘woman of color’

The California woman dubbed “Soho Karen” for falsely accusing a black teen of stealing her iPhone and allegedly attacking him at a Big Apple hotel says she can’t be racist because she’s a “woman of…

She also still claims he stole her phone.

edit rest of CBS interview where she doubles down on her behaviour

The video is truly eye-opening; what a unmitigated, spoiled, lying, daddy's girl piece of human refuse.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
How is her lawyer sitting right there and letting her say this shit
She's not. The interview is edited and Gayle at the end of the longer interview mentions the lawyer was trying her best to keep her on track and she went totally off script and just would not listen to her advice. She said they actually cut out a long heated exchange the lawyer had with her client in the middle of the interview. It was actually kind of funny how much you could tell Gayle felt for the lawyer having to deal with a client that ignores all your advice lol.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
She's not. The interview is edited and Gayle at the end of the longer interview mentions the lawyer was trying her best to keep her on track and she went totally off script and just would not listen to her advice. She said they actually cut out a long heated exchange the lawyer had with her client in the middle of the interview. It was actually kind of funny how much you could tell Gayle felt for the lawyer having to deal with a client that ignores all your advice lol.

While I was watching the video I was thinking "it must suck so fucking hard to be this poor lawyer", so it was quite funny to see the interviewer express the same sentiment. :)

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm not looking at just her words, I'm looking at how she says them and how she behaves. She can be a racist liar, we have seen plenty of them in vids this year, but there is something not right with her that says she needs to be medicated or seek treatment of whatever disorder she has. I've seen plenty of people like her

I've seen plenty of people like that, too. It's a medical condition called "being a sheltered, spoiled rich kid used to getting away with literally everything because daddy will bail you out".

Nov 7, 2017
I mean if she can't even "fake" being contrite in a nationally (worldwide probably now) televised interview then she's already too far gone

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Wait she's Italian and Greek too? Every time she shows up in the news she gains a new nationality
right at the start of all this I remember seeing that she was Italian, Greek and Vietnamese as well. the name Ponsetto is Italian as it gets. But then they stopped mentioning the Italian and Greek part. Everyone just focused in on her Hispanic side because she is using it as a crutch as to why she can't be racist.

plus people love pointing out that Hispanic people can be racist too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She also said "He's 14? That's what they're claiming?"

I mean is he really even 14? He might be 28 for all we know. /s

Yea I like how she simultaneously tries to cast doubt on his age (leaning into the fucked up stigma of black teens being seen as adults), but then also uses it to make herself look younger, that she's just a dumb kid, and not a 22 year old that should know better

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how it works in the US, but as a criminal lawyer in another country, oh boy that's not great.
I can personally feel her lawyer pain.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see that cut part so damn much

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's a racist, full stop. She also seems incredibly spoiled, delusional, and probably has some mental/emotional issues too.

Broken.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Honestly I think it's pretty terrible so many people are focusing on the aggressor's mental health rather than the victim's. In the video with the parents' interview they mention he can no longer look at his phone or get a hug without getting flashbacks. It's absolutely awful.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yea I like how she simultaneously tries to cast doubt on his age (leaning into the fucked up stigma of black teens being seen as adults), but then also uses it to make herself look younger, that she's just a dumb kid, and not a 22 year old that should know better

Yeah, I forgot about the fact that black teens are seen as adults in the US.

Add in the fact that she thought the interview was going to help her side of the story shows how entitled she is. She's not even doing one of those insincere apologies.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
reminds me of summer camp when some kid was doing some kind of racist thing, can't remember, got called racist and responded, "dude, I'm Panamanian"

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Lets focus on the fact that she is a mess and the way she reacted to the black teen was more of a showing of her mental and emotional instability, which she has put on display further in her interviews.
SMH. Just stop. You probably wouldn't say that if the situation's switched around.

Last edited:

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
How the hell does she still think he had her phone? What makes him more guilty than any other person with an iPhone?

oh wait I probably already know the answer to that...