• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty much pick a tiki drink and before you know it you will be fucked up

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island Iced Tea... my jam.

Long_island_iced_tea-1-4s.jpg
My go-to when I'm not drinking beers

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure. Just doesn't really taste like alcohol to me. I cannot even sip on vodka, whiskey, rum, etc without feeling gross. Baijiu, though? All day.
i dunno, baijiu is pretty nasty to me and i'm chinese (admittedly i've only tried maotai)
whiskey you can actually taste flavor
vodka's just alcohol as well imo

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Paper Planes is another good one, and probably my go to of the drinks that sneak up on you.

Three types of alcohol in equal parts(Bourbon, aperol, and amaro nonino) and fresh lemon juice(personally I adjust it a bit with less aperol and more bourbon)

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Usually a shots guy. Be me and my partner are having Heart of the Pom today. Don't taste boozey at all and after two I'm really feeling it.

www.liquor.com

Tequila Drinks We Love: The Heart of Pom

Sweet-and-tart pomegranate is the ideal addition to the Hearts of Pom cocktail, a riff on the classic Margarita.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Another vote for Long Island Ice Tea.

Those vodka cranberries sound good, though. I might have to pick up some stuff at the store this weekend. I always keep vodka around, so the rest is easy.

My margaritas (shaken, not frozen) can hit pretty hard if you're not careful. I gave one to a co-worker one time and he gulped it, saying "Hey, that was pretty good... I gotta go sit down." I can't drink them so much these days, citrus is about the only thing that kicks off my heartburn instantly, so I haven't made them in a while.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
My wife and I are trying to finish off this bottle of vodka in our cabinet and have been drinking vodka cranberries since dinner. I've had about three drinks and it just hit me all of a sudden. Couldn't really taste the liquor at all.

What are some of ERA's drinks that gets you drunk without quite tasting the alcohol?

surfer on acid.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Another vote for Long Island Ice Tea.

Those vodka cranberries sound good, though. I might have to pick up some stuff at the store this weekend. I always keep vodka around, so the rest is easy.

My margaritas (shaken, not frozen) can hit pretty hard if you're not careful. I gave one to a co-worker one time and he gulped it, saying "Hey, that was pretty good... I gotta go sit down." I can't drink them so much these days, citrus is about the only thing that kicks off my heartburn instantly, so I haven't made them in a while.
i will agree a properly made long island is the bomb i made the mistake of drinking two at once like a walrus and wowzie that messed me up

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Most of what I make. You mix it right and you can't taste the liquor really. Throw a bunch of sugary juice or pop or whatever with stuff, and the liquor disappears.

Personally, Blue Hawaiians sneak up on me like all hell and I've no idea why.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Zombies have 4 oz of rum in them and it def doesn't taste like there's that much. Gets you hammered fast.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Vodka is by definition a flavorless liquor. So really anything with vodka. Its why there are so few classic cocktails that use it funny enough. Most of the cocktails that are considered classics do something to highlight the flavor of the liquor, but that's not possible with vodka. It does however make it a useful blank slate for times when you're trying to combine other flavors and just want to up the proof some. It also makes it a pretty easy spirit to buy because its pointless to buy anything expensive. You just basically have to go high enough in cost that you're getting something that's well made and won't leave you with an awful hangover. Anything over $30.00 a bottle is more or less a waste.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
As a bartender I'll say that no well-made drink will have alcohol that bothers you, until you're drunk :P. The taste of the spirit will be there but it shouldn't taste bad if you order according to your tastes.

But if you just wanna pour in a lot of booze in a drink then the orange juice in a Screwdriver kills most of the vodka taste. Gin & Tonic+Russian water is also good at killing the taste of a strong drink.

Not to mention that more lemon/lime and sugar syrup will save any disaster.

The Waistcoat

Nov 8, 2017
I remember drinking vodka and orange juice quite happily until it all hit me at once. I don't remember much after that but I know my night was over at that point.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
One of these

ci-rekorderlig-strawberry-lime-cider-0443480064cb1ab0.jpeg

They taste like Strawberry Fanta. If you like Fanta, you're going to forget you're drinking alcohol. It's going to hit you.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
When I was in my early 20's 21-23. The local college bar used to let me purchase... a DOUBLE 151 and coke... I wouldn't say it was so much as sneaking up on me as it was "Dude... you are asking for it" 😂